• Please log in to reply
The BABYMETAL Thread \m/ No Metal, No Idol 332 replies to this topic Started by aine , Dec 01 2013 06:05 PM · 

#331 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

Wait, did they confirm she's not coming back?  What the fuck is going on?  I'm glad I didn't buy tickets to Columbus....

/edit OK looks like they confirmed that she IS still in the band, it's still kind of bullshit they didn't make some kind of announcement about her health before the US tour....

http://loudwire.com/...r-of-babymetal/

#332 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

I took a peek at the Reddit discourse over this and my GAWD some of these "fans" sound like lolicons.  Page after page of complaints that they're not kawaii enough anymore and complaining that the girls are growing up.  It's one thing to not like the music as much anymore (I don't either, personally) but these grown men writing dissertations on why these 18-20 y/o girls should be forced to wear tutus and pigtails even if they don't want to anymore, or complaining that the back up dancers are "too masculine" and "should be replaced with little girls", some of them saying the girls recent costumes "make them look like men" (??? bitch where, they're in dresses LOL)...  it's just gross and transparent.

Ngl I lost interest in Babymetal quite awhile ago but whatever is going on with Yui, Amuse are... not handling it well, like at all.  Like damn, just be upfront - say she's sick and won't be there, and say it in advance.  This never would've blown up if it weren't for Amuse trying to be sly.  If I were a diehard fan I'd be afraid to ever buy tickets to a show again since they clearly feel no shame in pretending all members will be present for the sake of ticket sales.

#333 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:16 AM

I took a peek at the Reddit discourse over this and my GAWD some of these "fans" sound like lolicons.  Page after page of complaints that they're not kawaii enough anymore and complaining that the girls are growing up.  It's one thing to not like the music as much anymore (I don't either, personally) but these grown men writing dissertations on why these 18-20 y/o girls should be forced to wear tutus and pigtails even if they don't want to anymore, or complaining that the back up dancers are "too masculine" and "should be replaced with little girls", some of them saying the girls recent costumes "make them look like men" (??? bitch where, they're in dresses LOL)...  it's just gross and transparent.

Ngl I lost interest in Babymetal quite awhile ago but whatever is going on with Yui, Amuse are... not handling it well, like at all.  Like damn, just be upfront - say she's sick and won't be there, and say it in advance.  This never would've blown up if it weren't for Amuse trying to be sly.  If I were a diehard fan I'd be afraid to ever buy tickets to a show again since they clearly feel no shame in pretending all members will be present for the sake of ticket sales.

I kind of expect them to not be around much longer simply on account of the fact that they are growing out of their gimmick.