• Please log in to reply
The K-Pop Spam Thread for all the stuff that's not really news but is anyway 988 replies to this topic Started by Haru , Aug 29 2010 07:19 PM · 

#961 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

In old school news, Clazziquai's Horan has been caught drinking and driving for the THIRD time.

She hit a truck, injured the driver, had a BAC over two times the legal limit but the police believe it would be hard to prove dangerous driving so she's walking way with a fine of 7 million won (~5900 USD). 

In more lighthearted news, altogether JYPE acts sold over a million albums last year. This is the first time that's happened in quite some time.

Suzy is also going to be releasing a solo album in the near future. It'll have 6 tracks and the title will be produced by JYP. Her debuting as a soloist feels like just another nail in the Miss A coffin.

#962 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

Maybe Min can finally go solo too. If that happens I'll actually be ok with the way Miss A went out.

#963 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:10 AM

In more lighthearted news, altogether JYPE acts sold over a million albums last year. This is the first time that's happened in quite some time.

The real news, though, is that they got over 1 million with just the sales for TWICE (580,897) and GOT7 (428,253). The other six acts combined only sold a total of 129,531.

#964 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:32 AM

Yeah, but the physical market isn't that strong and two of those acts didn't release anything so it was to be expected.

Twice have their hits backing them up but Got7 haven't really ever had a breakout song so their sales are really a testament to how loyal their fan base is.

#965 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

CUBE turned CLC into 4minute: CLC - Hobgoblin. The song was heavily influenced by Hyuna, who's credited for both the lyrics and choreography.

#966 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:58 AM

CUBE turned CLC into 4minute: CLC - Hobgoblin. The song was heavily influenced by Hyuna, who's credited for both the lyrics and choreography.

It's the "something will stick eventually" mentality.

They just need to throw out that fucking sorn and make Yujin the center.

#967 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

I didn't feel like making a new thread, nor do I think it needs one... So Suzy's new song Yes No Maybe just dropped! I really like it, but I really liked Fei's solo debut as well. Just more my style than some other stuff....

#968 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:11 AM

People may have given Hyuna a lot of shit in 4minute's early days, but CLC's might possibly be my least favorite idol rapper ever. Her voice is 2009 Hyuna on steroids.

Also, their mini album for this comeback is really good. Other than Hobgoblin, it's incredibly cohesive and I'm surprised they didn't promote one of the other songs, since it's the kind of stuff that Koreans really love.

#969 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

Notable K-Pop in January 2017

Music (playlist)TV (2017-W01/W04)

Spoiler

#970 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:31 AM

Rookie is the worst thing ever

#971 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

VICE's Noisey, a documentary series that explores music in different cultures, did an episode on South Korea last week (2017-01-31 S02E04). It heavily focuses on BIGBANG and the hardships of trainee life in K-pop but does have interviews with Taeyang, DIA, Lia Kim, and BESTie. Overall, it doesn't really add anything too new if you're already familiar with the trainee process, e.g., from Arirang's "The Secret of K-Pop Incubating" (2014-07-29 E248).

Watch it on VICELAND if you have a cable subscription or here.

#972 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:42 AM

Spica have more or less disbanded in all but name. They've opted to not renew their contracts and despite saying it's not the end, the link does mention that they admitted they don't know when they'll be together as five again.

#973 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

Spica have more or less disbanded in all but name. They've opted to not renew their contracts and despite saying it's not the end, the link does mention that they admitted they don't know when they'll be together as five again.

RIP Jiwon.

#974 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:39 PM

The day has come, knetizens have forgiven T-ara as a former staff member released a veeery old screencap of Hwayoung's twin sister Hyoyoung threatening to assault T-ara's ex-member Ahreum, who joined after Hwayoung and not too long before the bullying scandal.

The drama has gone viral and everyone (not really everyone) realized Hwayoung played as the victim for 5 years.

I'm not linking to anything right now because I just can't, but you can google it. What I'm most curious now is to see how their next comeback does and if we can see the public accepting T-ara back in the game.

#975 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:31 AM

I think its too late for T-ara to really return to relevance in the way they were before. They're too old and there's too many newer/rising groups.

#976 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

Yeah I mean, not only T-ara but the other older groups don't seem to stand a chance against these rookie girlgroups.

What I wanted to see is T-ara getting the same treatment as groups like A pink for example, acknowledge their career and achievements, etc. At some point it felt like people were banned from talking about T-ara in any positive way.

Their next release doing good enough and being well-received by the public is already a success to me.

#977 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:41 AM

MBLAQ's company J. Tune Camp is gone. The company dissolved and the three remaining members were let go, as they were the only group the company had left.

#978 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

MBLAQ's company J. Tune Camp is gone. The company dissolved and the three remaining members were let go, as they were the only group the company had left.

I don't know anything about them, but it's interesting to see how frustrating it can be for them.

#979 Kaworu

Kaworu
  • ANGERME

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:29 AM

Twice released their best single since their debut, Knock knock.

https://www.youtube....h?v=8A2t_tAjMz8

#980 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

Gugudan had their first comeback with A girl like me yesterday and I've had the song stuck in my head ever since.

It's such a big upgrade since Wonderland but that was to be expected or else they would be doomed forever.

#981 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

Notable K-Pop in February 2017

Music (playlist)TV (2017-W05/W08)

Spoiler

#982 Zounder

Zounder
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:36 AM

GFriend - Fingertip was a great release this week. Very different than their older stuff but still good.

#983 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

Boram and Soyeon have decided to not resign with MBK.

#984 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:48 AM

Notable K-Pop in March 2017

Music (playlist)

TV (2017-W09/W13)

Spoiler

#985 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

LOOΠΔ 1/3

FUCK all groups with retarded bullshit names like that.

#986 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

LOOΠΔ 1/3

FUCK all groups with retarded bullshit names like that.

I've heard Loona's group name meant something like Monthly girl which sounds even retarder.
The 1/3 is because the lineup isn't complete yet

#987 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

I quite like LOO Pi Delta. :P

While their international name is LOONA (stylized as LOOΠΔ), you can still use their localized names: 이달의 소녀 (Idarui Sonyeo) in Korea and 今月の少女 (Kogetsu no Shoujo) in Japan. Both literally translate to "The Girl of the Month".

Their group name essentially describes their concept. Each member is revealed with a solo debut song in the month that she represents: HeeJin (October), HyunJin (November), HaSeul (December), YeoJin (January), and ViVi (February April). As Derby mentioned, LOONA 1/3 is a subgroup including 4 of the 12 members HeeJin, HyunJin, HaSeul, and ViVi, i.e., 1/3 of them.

The company Blockberry Creative is good at catering to the international fan base. Most of the promotions were done in foreign countries: HeeJin was in France; HyunJin, Japan; and HaSeul, Iceland. Multi-member songs (B-tracks) were set in England and Taiwan, and the LOONA 1/3 music video was filmed in Hong Kong and New Zealand.

What really captures me is their LOONA TV series on YouTube. They're very short behind-the-scenes clips of the members and do have official English subtitles. It's just really interesting to follow the journey of how this group is being formed.

#988 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:25 AM

Crayon Pops contracts expired last month and some did not resign.

Choa and Way are working on a contract with a company that specializes in musical actors.

Geummi and Ellin have resigned. Soyul is taking a hiatus to focus on her marriage with that ugly dude.

They say they're not disbanding, but they're probably totally disbanded in all but name.

#989 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

The only good best Kpop blog is closing its doors:
http://antikpopfangi...end-of-era.html

He's back. :wota: