• Please log in to reply
BBXmas '16 Our yearly project, and second Christmas Special! 28 replies to this topic Started by Thea , Dec 10 2016 07:15 PM · 

#1 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:15 PM

Due to popular demand, we are releasing early! Special thanks to JPope, for graciously mixing for us again; Ryan (arco) for doing all of the casting and color-coding as well as some of the graphics!

I'm sorry that those of us who are usually with us couldn't be, but we hope to have you next year!

Aqua ❄ Zlil ❄ Thea ❄ Shiroi ❄ WonderBuono ❄ Gale

Yuzu ❄ Aisasami ❄ Aqua ❄ Zlil ❄ Mukuro ❄ Juan

Aisasami ❄ Mukuro ❄ Shiroi ❄  Gale

Yuzu ❄ Thea ❄ Juan

Zlil ❄ Shiroi ❄ WonderBuono

Aqua ❄ Thea

P.S: Let us know what you think of the matching thumbnail system, and our snowflake theme! 

#2 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

Woo hoo!

#3 Sakebi

Sakebi
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

Ah, these sound great! Good job to everyone! Still not satisfied with my lines... I really shouldn't have waited so long to submit lol.

#4 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものがテストじゃない

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:39 PM

Buononon, let me tell you that your voice is pure sparkles and magic and I absolutely adore it. For me, you were the shining star of stars and T.T

However! Everyone did really well. It was surprising to hear how high Zlil really could sing. and it was great to have our new additions as well.

Whatever kind of Project next year will be, I'll be in it for sure.

#5 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Awwww arco stop, you're too nice, I totally don't deserve that; everyone else sounded sooooo good and I'm really disappointed in the quality of my recording ugh. I think I know what I need to fix for next time though.

But for real this whole project sounds so good I'm so proud of y'all! I can't even pick a favorite because you all sound wonderful. Thank you Thea, arco, and JPope for pulling it all together so well!

#6 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

I had the songs on repeat for some time now and man, they're good. Good job everyone! And special thanks to Thea, arco and JPope!

#7 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

It took me a while but getting down to this!

Aitai Lonely Christmas

Though I'm very sad that we couldn't have everyone as originally planned, because Ryan did such a wonderful job in matching people who blend, I'm glad that we had Aqua and Zlil for this! I think this turned out quite well, and the unison parts blend wonderfully. Everyone sounds wonderful that I can't pick one out to commend! (Which makes me miss Star because we know of my extreme bias for her.  :hahaha: ) Oh, I thought of something. Aqua, it's wonderful how you did the big part after the break, you really achieved a soft / whispy tone that matched the whimsical-ness of the instru at that part!

Samui ne.

It's the song we do every Christmas special but S/mileage is so squeaky, it's why it took me so long to like them. 
Despite that, I think this turned out quite well! This was a collection of some of our more softer voices (although we still had some soft ones in Aitai) and it counteracts how squeaky the original was, and makes it sound mellow. If I had to pick a favorite here I would have trouble... The unison lines blended wonderfully, as did both of the groupings. I think you were especially wonderful though, Juan! At 3:53, you captured me.

Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru

I'll admit I did not know this song at ALL before. I can't say I even really like it now. But I love the one we did! I said this back when I originally got the mixed file, and I'll say it again: Gale and Shiroi were the stars here! Everyone was good, and you never disappoint Mukuro! Shiroi, as long as I've known her she's always had this crystal clear, stable voice which is perfect for this type of song. Gale captured the somewhat... flighty essence of the song, I think, which I can't put into words how great it really is. Aisasami also sounds good, I think this sort of song suits her.

Pittari Shitai X’mas!
Yuzu ❄ Thea ❄ Juan

This one turned out great as well, though I again lament that I didn't get to hear Star on it.  :cryalot: It was fun to do, thankfully I already knew it lol. The blending is great, Juan really captures the emotion and gives me a ... sassy feeling? Though that sounds kind of weird it's the song! I think Yuzu did especially good on her "Santa-saa~n!" Ryan and I really loved it when we heard it haha.

-Winter Story-

This is a great song, and the renditions always come out great! Everyone was great, I don't think there's anything specific I can point out here because everything just too good! The blending, Buononon, Shiroi, Zlil. Definitely great choices for this song!

SEXY SNOW
Aqua ❄ Thea

I think I'll say even less on this one, actually, because it's awkward (for me to, I mean) lol. I think this came out well, I love the blending and I think Aqua and I suit each other! Other than that I'm particularly proud of this graphic, haha.

Now for the less specifics: Thank you, Ryan, for helping me with the graphics as I am so uninspired! I really like your graphics SO much better than mine. So I think that was a wonderful addition and really upped the oomph on the flair.

Plus your C-C's are always great and I can't say much here because you already know since I've said it before, blast!

JPope, thank you once again for mixing! Your mixing continues to not disappoint! As a dynamic singer, I only know of three people who can mix me properly and you're one of them! (Not counting me in the three lol) Thank you for your participation again. :)

#8 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:25 AM

I had fun with this project. A lot of really good takes to work with, and I even snuck myself into one of them (heh heh).  :umad:

The biggest surprise for me was zlil. I'm not a huge fan of dudes singing girl-idol songs, and especially as part of a co-ed group, so I was a little let down when I saw he was a part of "Winter Story," because I love that song. But holy hell, he crushed it! Great delivery and nice raw edge that works really well on the song, and the range to pull it off. I'm bummed that my decision to crank the exciter on the vocal bus was enhanced so much by YT's compression. I didn't take that into consideration, lol!

As for my favorite overall recording here, it's "Pittari Shitai X’mas!", hands down. Thea, Yuzu and DonJuan all gave great performances, and each of their takes was among the most well recorded, as well. This left me more time to work on overall mix than the others, and it shows. This might be the best sounding group mix I've ever done. 

It should be noted that the harmonies on both of these tracks were performed by the BBS singers themselves, and were not part of the instrumentals. In both cases, the songs were completely transformed by the harmonies.

Everyone did a great job, though, and should be proud of their efforts! 

#9 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

Jpope you're gonna make me blush!

I think honestly everyone did an awesome job.  zlil totally surprised me but in a good way haha.  And I forgot how powerful Aqua's voice was. <3 She especially shone on Aitai Lonely Christmas.  

I also really enjoyed oujisama, especially sayumin and shiroi (but everyone did great).

Also I think it is pretty obvious in my performance that I hate samui ne so I apoloigize for that one haha.  Everyone else on the track did great though!

And yeah I love doing weird speaking and shouty stuff so the santa-san on Pittari was fun to record lol

#10 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

YEAH!!!!! It was finally released!!

Thank you so much Thea for having me included. and thank you JPope for the great mix!

I can't be thankful enough for the great comments you are replying!

And now for comments on the songs:

Aitai Lonely Christmas

WOW I sound horrible... other than my lines this came out really nice. I really liked Aqua deep voice and Gale and WonderBuono have some sweet sound to their voices I really like. Thea you have a fantastic voice!

Samui ne.

Both trios lines sound really great! My lines here are a bit better then aitai... I really liked Aqua here too! 

The colors didn't combine well with the background, and the fact the font was quite thin wasn't helping. I had I hard time reading some of the names.

Mukuro had some affects added on her voice (or maybe it's her mic natural sound) which added a really nice touch I really liked.

Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru

I'll admit this was a song I really wanted to be on... but this came really nice. My favorite might be Shiroi but I'm really sure about it.

This song sure included a lot of robotic sounds... maybe from autotuning the vocals. The blending of all four does sound nice.

Pittari Shitai X’mas!
Yuzu ❄ Thea ❄ Juan

One of my favorites!! All three sounded really good on every beat. The haromnies were also really nice touch (They are sang by you right?)

-Winter Story-

My best recording... This came out really good! I really liked my harmonies! I was afraid they werent going to blend well with the others but this sound really good!

I'm listening to this on repeat, probably 8 times already in 2 days... 

SEXY SNOW
Aqua ❄ Thea

to tell the truth, I don't think I ever heard this song before. Both singers are great, so they delievered a great preformence... very well executed.

In general:

I really really enjoyed doing this. some songs were high to sing, but that's only normal for a guy singing in girls pitch!

I would really love to collabrate with you all for other songs and not just a yearly thing!

#11 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru

I'll admit I did not know this song at ALL before. I can't say I even really like it now. 

Boo!  :tongue:  This is one of my favorite Tanpopo songs.

Fun fact: The slide guitar was added by producer Nagai Rui as a tribute to George Harrison, who had recently died.

#12 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:13 AM

*LATE AF*

Wow, this was all really wonderful. * A * I'm blown away. H!P covers are so dime-a-dozen, but I feel like these were all really spectacular.

Everyone sounded very pleasant, and the production was REALLY great. (Major props, JPope.)

Another big shoutout to zlil for not dropping octave to sing with these ladies. It really helped to bring things together rather than having a lone male vocal sticking out.

If only I hadn't started frequenting this forum now, this is something I'd totally love to do. (although, I definitely can't sing as high as zlil so I wouldn't wanna make the songs sound weird, lol).

Good job everyone!

#13 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

We do it once a year, so you can definitely be in it next time! And don't worry about your voice standing out, I'm pretty sure Ryan (arcobaleno) is going to participate this year, too, so there will be another guy! And even if there wasn't, that's no reason not to join! 

But thanks!  I hope we can add you to our ranks next time!

#14 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

Thank you very much! TheParuProject

I'm very happy to know you liked the songs.

I can't say it's very easy for me to sing at this key, so don't feel bad or anything...

Maybe next year we can have one song with all guys, and in it I will sing one octave lower to match.

And I'm more than willing to do this a more frequent project, and I'm willing to do mixing and all for this it people will be up to it.

Fun fact: I'm not even christian, so I'm not even celebrating christmas or anything, I do it only for the singing.

#15 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:32 AM

Don't worry, zlil! I'd say a number of us who did the Christmas Special aren't Christian.  :rofl: It's just one of those things!

#16 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

Totally. I'm an atheist, but I have a huge appreciation for Christmas. Not for religious reasons, but for the general Christmas-y feels. Togetherness and presents and Santa,  yadda yadda.

#17 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものがテストじゃない

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

Maybe next year we can have one song with all guys, and in it I will sing one octave lower to match.

I was definitely going to join BUT NOW I AM JOINING SOLELY FOR THE SAKE OF THIS!!!!! I need this in my not-enough-male-bonding life, XD.

I'll fully 100% admit that I have issues with pitch but I will try my very best to keep up with you guys. *^*

#18 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

I'm all for it, it sounds like fun. I've done tons of solo work for years and years, but I've never done group covers before. * u *

#ManlyMusume #v-u-men #SeishunManManNaka #GuyNoGundan

#19 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

v-u-men sounds amazing!!

and Thea, I'm actually jewish, so it's mostly Hanukkah for me... but christmas have much better songs.

Now I also can't wait for next year.

#20 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

You guys know that you can spearhead any project you want, right? You don't have to wait for Christmas.

#21 Mukuro

Mukuro
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

We could always do a summer themed one if people are interested! 

#22 Sakebi

Sakebi
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

If you guys do summer, Maji Good Chance would be much appreciated lol

#23 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

We don't actually wait for Christmas, it just happened to be Christmas this time! We just usually do it once a year at the end of the year. However, as said, feel free to do any you want! Ill gladly upload anything to the channel!

#24 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:23 AM

I don't think I actually know any summer-y H!P songs yet. OTL Unless GET UP! Rapper counts. LOL

But yeah, sounds fun. Maybe we'll make it happen. xD

#25 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:51 AM

Guys, you don't need a theme to do a project, lol! Just record some songs you all like.

#26 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものがテストじゃない

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:18 AM

What we need is JPope to join v-u-men!!! Join the dark side. ;)

Nah, nah, just kidding, if you feel uncomfortable with it, you totally don't have to!

#27 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

I don't sing.

#28 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

Paru, on H!P summer songs: here is the summer medley they performed last year https://youtu.be/jwt3yswRH-8 (ugly link, as I'm on mobile as always haha) ;)

In order:
Tsubaki Factory - Hajimete no Keiken (original by Mano Erina)
ANGERME - Yume Miru 15
Country Girls - Tamerai Summer Time
Juice=Juice - Summer Reggae Rainbow (original by 7nin Matsuri, an H!P shuffle unit)
Morning Musume'16 - Shanimuni Paradise
°C-ute - Momoiro Sparkling
Kobushi Factory- Maji Bomber (original by Berryz Koubou)

#29 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

and Thea, I'm actually jewish, so it's mostly Hanukkah for me... but christmas have much better songs.

DISAGREE.  Chanukah music is my JAM.  In choir every year the token Chanukah song was always my favorite part of the holiday concert.  Band too actually (I played the clarinet too which made it even BETTER).