• Please log in to reply
What are you playing? or what's playing you? 2559 replies to this topic Started by neshcom , Feb 01 2009 06:45 PM · 

#2551 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

Picked up Persona 5! Will be playing shortly.

#2552 JoshuaJSlone

JoshuaJSlone
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

I ~finished up Zelda a few days ago. Still plenty of stuff I could do, but I was at the point where most of what was in view seemed like more hassle than fun. Gather rare insects for armor upgrades I don't need. Sit around long periods of time in-game to try to gather the right parts from dragons. Try to find my way through annoying labyrinths. So 110+ hours and 95/120 shrines was good enough for me, and I finished things up for now.

Started up I Am Setsuna. but so far it is a disappointment. The appeal was that it was a retro-style RPG from S-E, with systems very close to Chrono Trigger's. However, so far it's like if Chrono Trigger was much more linear and had more boring characters, story, settings, and music.

#2553 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:17 PM

I've heard a lot about the story being a huge let down and that's one of the reasons I never picked it up.

#2554 JoshuaJSlone

JoshuaJSlone
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

I decided to get the Switch version of LEGO City Undercover. I'd already played it on Wii U and enjoyed it there so at first thought if I ever got it I'd wait until it was significantly cheaper--but I realized that its status as one of the only Switch games other than Breath of the Wild with a large open world makes it significantly more valuable to me now than months from now when there's a lot more interesting going on. AND... it's still good. Playing docked the resolution is improved, and playing portably the frame rate kind of sucks, but for the most part it's the same as before. Loading time is still pretty bad, but thanks to sleep mode as long as you're not changing games frequently you can at least skip a long initial load simply to get the game started. It's kid-friendly GTA-like play with actually funny dumb humor. Now with co-op, though I haven't had a chance to try that.

I also got Puyo Puyo Tetris. I've mostly played in the Adventure mode which is... well, better than nothing I guess. Gives you some goals or an opponent to beat, with 90% worthless story segments in between them. I'm significantly better at Tetris than Puyo Puyo having been put a lot of time into the former since getting my Game Boy back in the day, so my skills in this game feel very imbalanced.

#2555 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Lego City Undercover has a PC version now.

I really hope Puyo Puyo Tetris gets a PC release sometime.

#2556 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

New! Nintendo!! 2DS!!! XL!!!!

I finally finished Okamiden, which was super cute. I never played Okami (since I never had a PS2) though I always wanted to, but after looking at some gameplay videos both games seem to be pretty closely interconnected and happen in the same world. But I'll need to wait a while before getting back to more of (almost) the same.

Now I started the long-overdue Bravely Default, which after a couple hours is pretty good, but I found out that even after a few years break I still didn't recover from my FF-style random-overworld-encounter white-mage-black-mage-phoenix-down-etc JRPG burnout. :hahaha:

At least Bravely Default does a few things to make it more interesting and is more flexible with the encounter frequency setting and other stuff. And so far it seems that nearly half of the game time are cutscenes, so with any luck I may finish it by the end of the year (especially if I stick to my resolution to not 100% just about every aspect of it).

Last but not least, I finally got burned out with WoW. The latest patch has been more than underwhelming with its blatant grind and timegating, I got pretty much all I needed from Heroic Nighthold (ilvl 900+ equipped) and I have no desire to try Mythic, got two best Legendaries for my class, I don't PvP and I don't really care about M+ dungeons, so at this point there's nothing left for me to do in the game. At least until the new raid opens, but I really don't care for it to happen very soon and I'm enjoying the break. :hahaha:

#2557 Mizura

Mizura
  • 賀楓

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:58 AM

New! Nintendo!! 2DS!!! XL!!!!

I finally finished Okamiden, which was super cute. I never played Okami (since I never had a PS2) though I always wanted to, but after looking at some gameplay videos both games seem to be pretty closely interconnected and happen in the same world. But I'll need to wait a while before getting back to more of (almost) the same.

Now I started the long-overdue Bravely Default, which after a couple hours is pretty good, but I found out that even after a few years break I still didn't recover from my FF-style random-overworld-encounter white-mage-black-mage-phoenix-down-etc JRPG burnout. :hahaha:

At least Bravely Default does a few things to make it more interesting and is more flexible with the encounter frequency setting and other stuff. And so far it seems that nearly half of the game time are cutscenes, so with any luck I may finish it by the end of the year (especially if I stick to my resolution to not 100% just about every aspect of it).

Last but not least, I finally got burned out with WoW. The latest patch has been more than underwhelming with its blatant grind and timegating, I got pretty much all I needed from Heroic Nighthold (ilvl 900+ equipped) and I have no desire to try Mythic, got two best Legendaries for my class, I don't PvP and I don't really care about M+ dungeons, so at this point there's nothing left for me to do in the game. At least until the new raid opens, but I really don't care for it to happen very soon and I'm enjoying the break. :hahaha:

Okamiden was a pretty good game. It's not as good as Okami was, but part of that had to do with the DS limitations. Things aren't as pixelated and there aren't as many loading screens.The two games are pretty similar, but Okami is definitely better. Although, I'm also biased because it's my favorite game ever. It just does a lot of things really well, and has my favorite final boss fight and ending.

Bravely Default is good as well, although there is this point in the game in which you will be very frustrated with it for a bit, but if you can get through it, the ending is pretty worth it. There are certain jobs and abilities you can exploit to make it go a bit faster luckily. The sequel Bravely Second does things a lot better for the most part.

#2558 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Dragon Quest VII has monsters roaming the maps, so no truly random encounters. Unless they spawn a few centimeters in front of your face...

@Mizura; I already told him that Okami is the best game of that console generation. haha
It's still the best Zelda game since Majora's Mask.
More digging here Bow-wow is my favourite song from the OST: https://www.youtube....h?v=bTVtHgeQVd0
A resolute person is also exceptional: https://www.youtube....h?v=1EEsmwayj4Q

#2559 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

If anybody wants two (or one) free game:

Ziggurat:

Goat Simulator:

#2560 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

D.va from Overwatch just got added to Heroes of the Storm yesterday, and one of her skins is literally Asuka from Evangelion. That's like waifu to the second power!!!!!

Genji also has a skin in it that's Eva Unit 01.