• Please log in to reply
The K-Pop Spam Thread for all the stuff that's not really news but is anyway 1019 replies to this topic Started by Haru , Aug 29 2010 07:19 PM · 

#331 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

I need a new source for kpop release dates. My previous source dried up. What do you guys use?

#332 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

I just look at Allkpop and when something interests me, there you go. Either that or Omona.

#333 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

I just want kpop release dates (i.e., something posted the day an album or single comes out), not most of the inane crap that makes up those sites.

#334 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

I just want kpop release dates (i.e., something posted the day an album or single comes out), not most of the inane crap that makes up those sites.

I think allkpop has a tag with releases, so you don't get their other stuff.

#335 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

Where? I couldn't find it. The closest thing I could find was a "Music" category, and that included MV releases as well as some guy releasing a teaser photo.
Also, RSS would be preferable to checking a site. [/old fogey]

#336 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Where? I couldn't find it. The closest thing I could find was a "Music" category, and that included MV releases as well as some guy releasing a teaser photo.
Also, RSS would be preferable to checking a site. [/old fogey]

You're right, I mixed it up with the "comeback" tag.
But they keep screwing around with their tags all the time anyway and seem very inconsistent with them... so, better forget I actually recommended them. lol

#337 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Now for the ultimate spam: stuff I've bought recently at the Kpop store near my house!

CDs I've bought and a sweet embroidered SNSD hat:
Posted Image

The 2NE1 shirt I got free cause I bought a few CDs :) (don't really like 2NE1, but it was free and most of the other shirts were boy bands..)
Posted Image

And some of the posters I got:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#338 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

So jealous of the Sistar CD ;-; I've loved them since their debut but still haven't gotten anything of theirs.

#339 Wapiko

Wapiko
  • G-I-Z to tha I-B-E

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thanks to the bbs, I'm back in a K-pop listening mood and found a handful of good songs during a random Youtube crawl :D

really liking:
Elizabeth - PPAPPA PIERROT
Fat Cat - My Love
JQT - PeeKaBoo
Rania - Pop Pop Pop

Any other recs for songs/artists like these?

#340 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Thanks to the bbs, I'm back in a K-pop listening mood and found a handful of good songs during a random Youtube crawl :D

really liking:
Elizabeth - PPAPPA PIERROT
Fat Cat - My Love
JQT - PeeKaBoo
Rania - Pop Pop Pop

Depends on how "recent" your comeback to K-Pop is and how much you've missed, but I love T-Ara's Roly poly album.

#341 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Kan Mi Youn - Going Crazy
f(x) - Danger
Sunny Hill - Midnight Circus
The GRACE-DANA&SUNDAY - One More Chance (Dana, the one with the longer, darker hair, looks surprisingly like Fujimoto in some shots of this video.)
CHI CHI - Longer (Remix ver.)
Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Senth
4minute - READY GO (Japanese ver.)
Miryo - Dirty
Nine Muses - Ticket
Sunny Hill - Princess and Prince Charming

#342 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm going to do a short presentation about K-Pop in Japan on Wednesday and already got some interesting stuff together, but nothing about the boybands or solo artists (IU etc.).
Since I feel obliged to at least mention some of them, does anybody know what male Korean groups are at least somewhat popular in Japan ? Or are they not popular ?

#343 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

TVXQ, 2PM, Beast, and Shinee have all done pretty well. You can check out generasia if you want sales numbers and things like that.

#344 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

TVXQ, 2PM, Beast, and Shinee have all done pretty well. You can check out generasia if you want sales numbers and things like that.

Thanks, just needed some names since I couldn't find any when I flew over the Oricon 2011 album sales.

#345 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Super Junior too.

#346 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

This deserves a mention:

4minute - VOLUME UP (The Indian Version)

Oh, Korea.

#347 fpd

fpd
  • Mr. Ghey Ghey

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Thanks, just needed some names since I couldn't find any when I flew over the Oricon 2011 album sales.

From what I know, CNBlue is insanely popular in Japan.

#348 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

I couldn't find any of the boybands in the Oricon 2011 singles nor album charts.

And they're not not tracking non-Japanese albums. Lady Gagas crap is at #4.

#349 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

I couldn't find any of the boybands in the Oricon 2011 singles nor album charts.

Tohoshinki (Korea: DBSK, China: TVXQ) is a Korean boy band that made it to both the singles (Feb 7 with "Why? (Keep Your Head Down)") and albums (#20 with TONE) charts.

#350 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Tohoshinki (Korea: DBSK, China: TVXQ) is a Korean boy band that made it to both the singles (Feb 7 with "Why? (Keep Your Head Down)") and albums (#20 with TONE) charts.

Ah, thanks !
I didn't check all their different names.

#351 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

I only have first week sales, but some of these ended up selling a lot more.

2PM - Take Off
2PM - I'm Your Man
2PM - Ultra Lover
2PM - Republic of 2PM (album)

Their recent single sold 140k but it's not 2011.

Beast - SHOCK
Beast - Bad Girl
Beast - So Beast (album)

TVXQ goes by Tohoshinki in Japan. They have over 30 singles there.

TVXQ - Keep Your Head Down
TVXQ - Superstar
TVXQ - Winter
TVXQ - Tone (album)

Is this enough, or do you need more groups?

#352 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Aw, you didn't need to research all that ! All I needed was their names and position in the Oricon charts so I can point out they're actually selling. :hahaha:
But I'm really appreciating you guys' work !

#353 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Presentation went well, thanks for the help !
In case anybody wondered; in my class (Japanology, 6th semester's final Japanese practice) of 19 people (6 male/12 f) only ONE person (a girl who likes boy bands and singers like Rain) said she likes K-Pop.
I do know at least one other girl also listens to 1~2 SNSD songs (she admitted it afterwards). hah

This deserves a mention:

4minute - VOLUME UP (The Indian Version)

Oh, Korea.

Man, that was not as funny as it first seemed... =/
They should have went all-out batshit insane bollywood crap with marriage, mass dancing (and not just CGi), drama and horrible acting.

#354 KawaiiYankee

KawaiiYankee
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Nu'Est's new teaserphoto
they areplanning a comeback in mid-July ^^

Posted Image

#355 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

The guy is still too damn pretty to be a guy. Posted Image

#356 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

CHI CHI is back with "Love is Energy". It's nice to see they stuck with the sound they had in "Longer".

#357 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Found this on AllKpop, the North Korean "Girls Generation" is what they call them. Though they just dance really, not sing.

[Watch the video, it's worth it!]

All I can say is, Daaaaaamn! And You thought T-ara's managers were strict, I can only imagine what these girls have to go through to get that perfect.

#358 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Found this on AllKpop, the North Korean "Girls Generation" is what they call them. Though they just dance really, not sing.

[Watch the video, it's worth it!]

All I can say is, Daaaaaamn! And You thought T-ara's managers were strict, I can only imagine what these girls have to go through to get that perfect.

That's more like a varieté than an actual girl group. lol

Also, those costume changes are fucking insane !

#359 KawaiiYankee

KawaiiYankee
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

The teaser for Nu'Est:s MV "Action"

I just love these boys

#360 Plum

Plum
  • I love you guys. Fruit Love.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

YESSSSSSS. OH YES. It's Psy! Gangnam Style! You know you want that in your ears and eyes!

It's so beautiful. 8o