• Please log in to reply
[2017.12.31] Aikawa Maho has officially left Angerme & Hello! Project 9 replies to this topic Started by Solarblade , Dec 31 2017 03:30 AM · 

#1 Solarblade

Solarblade
  • ANGERME

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:30 AM

Welp, seems that Maho decided to leave ANGERME and H!P - http://helloproject.com/news/7975/

#2 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものがテストじゃない

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:43 AM

Aw, Maho.  :unsure: She sounds so sad in her announcement, she truly did want to come back but her disorder is just still not there yet. I hope she will find peace and happiness, especially now that she is starting to be able to get out more often.

Someone on H!O requested a translation, so I translated Maho's part of the announcement in her own words:

It's me, Aikawa Maho.

It's been a long time, everyone.
It's been eleven months since I took a break from my activities due to my panic disorder.
Because I'm almost finally recovering, and the frequencies of the attacks lessened,
this spring, I was able to start attending university again.
I'm so sorry for worrying and causing you all trouble.
This time, I have decided to graduate from both Hello! Project and ANGERME.
The reason why is because I'm very fearful of things returning to the state I was in before, when I'd have attacks during my activities.
Because no one can know the timing of when the symptoms would occur,
I believe the other members and the staff were at a loss for how to best support me.
Due to this illness not having an easily established complete recovery, I'm not able to make what they call a "complete recovery and comeback."
More than that, I just can't worry everyone, make everyone wait, or trouble my members anymore, and, thinking of things further down the line, the result was me deciding on this path of graduation.
After announcing my illness, I thought I should become a little bit of strength for the other people who struggle with the same thing I do, or other illnesses, after hearing their stories.
Joining ANGERME from the Kenshuusei,
getting to stand on the same stage with the same S/mileage I had so adored,
and getting to meet all of you fans has made me truly happy.
I received so much warmth from everyone at handshake events despite having been a Kenshuusei for such a short period of time.
I'd receive a lot of comments on my blog updates, and always looked forward to reading them.
I'm truly grateful for everyone who supported me despite being inexperienced in singing and dancing.
I'm sorry I couldn't directly talk to any of you from the time of the announcement of break until this here announcement.
I'm so very happy for the time I got to spend performing as a part of ANGERME.
I'm truly thankful for everything.

-Aikawa Maho

#3 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:13 AM

Eh I didn’t expect she would come back. It’s always sad when they don’t get a proper send off though. I wish they would at least record videos or something rather than a blog post. It feels so distant.

#4 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

That's really sad, Maho was one of my favourites. But I also didn't expect her to come back, unfortunately.

#5 Myst

Myst
  • ANGERME

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

It was announced on 12/31 that Maho had officially left Angerme. The news got lost in the 2017 news thead. Could someone move the few posts over to this thread?

Ayaka: https://ameblo.jp/an...2340625197.html
Moe: https://ameblo.jp/an...2341156692.html

Unsure if any of the other girls posted about it.

#6 Meikochi

Meikochi
  • ANGERME

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

Rikako posted a very long and touching post about Maho.

#7 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:04 AM

We were all hoping it wouldn't come to this Q_Q

#8 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

I honestly keep ignoring and consequently forgetting this news. ;_;

#9 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

I'm not surprised at all at this news, but it's sad nonetheless. I would much rather she had managed to recover and return to performing. I really liked her.

Did UpFront provide a therapist at all? I'm guessing no, since that doesn't appear to be part of their organizational model. Would it hurt to hire someone to serve that function when needed?

Here's a shot of her from the end of the Girls Live episode I watched on my first Friday night in Japan nearly two years ago:

39747531151_6597c52f12.jpg

#10 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

The news got lost in the 2017 news thead. Could someone move the few posts over to this thread?

Done.