• Please log in to reply
Cover Group Auditions! Come, join the impending craziness.... 15 replies to this topic Started by arcobaleno , Sep 18 2013 02:37 PM · 

#1 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hello, the one or two denizens that still karaoke (lol)! Me and MejraThea have opened our very own cover group, DanshiJoshi Project! These are our second generation auditions (the 1st Gen. was decided yesterday, haha)

And with permission from aine, I'm spamming this forum with it :D

It's basically like all of the other cover groups, except with a pretty big twist: We accept guys, too! AND, not only do we accept guys, they get to sing H!P (and UFP) songs too!

No more of that "guys can join but they can only sing Arashi" crap.

We're basically similar to a chorus, with both guys and girls getting to sing, but don't worry, we're not singing slow, boring songs XD. On certain releases, the b-sides will have one sing with just the girls, and one with just the guys.

We're open to all members of any age, as long as you can keep up with the group. We're not going to exactly churn out releases every 2 seconds or anything, but we'd still like you to not feel like you don't have enough time.

If you're a YouTuber, you can post your audition video here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0UktJcHysxQ, but otherwise, you can just email me at ryanallthat@gmail.com. If you email me, please fill out this form! Also, you don't have to be a stellar singer, but please be able to hold a note halfway, at least, lol.

Name: (doesn't have to your real name, just what you'd like to be called within the group. Like, I'm called arcobaleno within the group.)

When you'll be able to record: (Like if you can only record 2 days a week or so, or if you can always record)

Groups You Want to Be In: (DJ Project has 6 groups: DJ Project (Everyone's in this regardless), Minna Musu. (The Momusu cover group), Raspberryz (the Berryz cover group), K~awaii (The C-ute cover group), S/hineage (S/mileage cover group) & Rain=bow (The J=J cover group). You can be in multiple groups, but they each have a limit to the amount of members, so be sure to snatch the spot you want the most!)

Sample Singing: (Please send in an mp3 or ogg file, and PLEASE upload to sendspace. Mediafire is batshit on my computer, so I can't check anything there.)

And after sending your audition, if I approve you, I'll email you back. And then, just join the forum (http://w11.zetaboard...iProject/index/) under your name that you gave in the audition email/YouTube comment. Make sure to read the forum rules (they're under Announcements), follow them, and you're all set!

Any questions can be asked here, or in an email.

#2 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

You can also use app.box.com, just to throw that in there  :whistling: It's what I use.

#3 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

I might have to audition once I'm over this cold and have a voice again. dafadslkjf.

#4 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

I will look forward to having you, Valerie ;D Not just because I will no longer be the only girl.

#5 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

I'm assuming you want something acapella without the instrumental or else I'd just send you something I've already done. I post a lot of song covers on Tumblr so I have an entire folder. xD''

#6 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

You can do acapella or something you did already, as long as we can hear you lol, whichever is easier!

#7 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Sent in my audition! <3 

#8 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

Any of those that have not yet applied, I apologize but we have reached capacity! If anyone graduates, or we open a new group, this thread will be updated.

#9 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

What about Dropbox?

#10 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Urg, why did I see this late!!!

#11 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

Dropbox is fine, Haru!  Jessie does mediafire then I sendspace it, so I'd do the same. And sorry, star D: Currently all groups are full, except the group we had to drop because no one was interested, the S/mileage group. As soon as someone graduates/we get an opening I'll contact you.

#12 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Ok, thanks. I appreciate it.  :heart:

#13 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Please contact me as well!  I totally saw this late because I was used to seeing this forum inactive for months.

#14 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

I'll jot you down for the list too, yuzu!

#15 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

#16 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Auditions for DanshiJoshi Project's 5th generation are now open! Guys and girls are both welcome as long as you can keep up with the deadlines :D

They're always a month and a week, so you should have plenty of time, but you can ask for extensions up to one week before the deadline, if you need one.

We have a new forum, so any links to the old one don't work anymore. Either PM me or Thea your audition, or email me at ryanallthat@gmail.com with it. I've basically heard all of the girls that sing here sing, so if you want to join, just say so here and I'll give you the link to the forum :D