• Please log in to reply
Who's Next To Leave MM? -- 2019 Edition Out with the old... 42 replies to this topic Started by JPope , Jun 24 2019 01:17 AM · 

Poll: MM Graduation Prediction 2019

Who's next to graduate Morning Musume?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:39 PM

It doesn’t mean anything if the only noteworthy personality is that way for the wrong reasons.

What has she done, though? For the most part she keeps her mouth shut nowadays. What, are we talking about the few times she was bratty to wota when she was like 13? Idk, if anything that made me like her more considering a lot of wota are creeps, LOL. I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. All I got from her 20th anniversary interview was the image of a girl who is really dedicated to performing and keeping people on their toes.
She’s probably less annoying now because she’s 20 and I don’t care enough about MK to research one member. But not charming is not charming and that’s just a personal preference for how people view another. Maybe it’s that I’ve never found her relatable? Maybe that’s also why I didn’t have a problem with how Sakura presented herself in her interview because my personal experiences are more in line with her comments. But I also would bet money that there is no way Masaki is so interesting that losing her would be a huge loss to a group that’s boring as hell with her in it. I mean they’re all dedicated to some degree since they’re still there. Not like they’re bound by a horrible contract that they can’t get out and are just waiting around for it to end.

#32 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:45 PM

But I also would bet money that there is no way Masaki is so interesting that losing her would be a huge loss to a group that’s boring as hell with her in it.

I mean, that's the thing - they could all be interesting for all we know, but a company forcing them to spend 2+ hours "correcting" personal blog posts isn't going to let us find out.  I appreciate the fact that Masaki at least makes an effort to buck up once in awhile instead of soundlessly accepting the new and ridiculously stringent expectations of management.  I for one really miss the days when they were allowed to be more uncensored... Masaki is at least attempting to capture some of the freedom previous members had.  Theoretically if she became leader someday, I feel like the whole group would loosen up a little (although she could go the route of some other members and completely shutdown after receiving the title lol that's possible too).

#33 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:03 PM

They’re more at risk because of how big the group is. It’s obvious you’ve got until you’re 25 if there’s space.

Only two members have ever made it to 25, and Yuko was almost that old when the group was founded. Only Sayumi has made it to 25 outside of the founding members, so she's the outlier. 23 seems to be the hard-line, put-Oba-chan-in-a-home age for MM. 

#34 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:07 AM

And they probably only kept Sayumi around because of how inexperienced the other members were. They just needed a leader/older member for the older fanboys tor a little longer.

Dang, I’m 22, guess I should grow out of my wanting to be an idol dream now.

On the actual topic: I just need Erina to leave. I haven’t liked her since 2011, only tolerated her sometimes. (Then I kinda forgot about her when Ogata took the spot of most hated member for me and I lucked out that THAT one didn’t stick around for 8+ years.) Time to go, Eripon!

#35 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:11 PM

Uh oh, apparently Masaki started going to university this year.

I know the other groups have pulled it off, but has anyone in MM been able to do concurrent studies?

#36 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

From what I've seen the bigger problem is someone following her and taking photos. There's been photographs with two (male) friends so far. Masaki has mentioned in that blog post that he was a senior from university, I guess it's the same with the person in the other photograph.
Personally I'd be annoyed as hell. Could influence her decision about graduation as well.

#37 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:52 PM

Thing is they always let boy sightings slide for the more popular members.

#38 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:32 AM

Is it for the most popular, or just the older members?

#39 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:19 AM

Oh I doubt management will do something, not even her fans are buying into these "scandals". But at the moment it seems like someone is trying to force a scandal on her and that must be annoying to her. It's been some time since H!P girls have been followed and photographed.

#40 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:50 AM

I picked all the names I don't recognize, that is everyone below Oda :D/

#41 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:52 PM

I love how no one picked Sakura. Watch her be the one to leave.  :nono:

I picked mainly Ikuta because the girl is done. She's holding out but she's ready to hang it all up. I could really do without her negative energy seeping into the group. It's like a cloud hanging over the entire group.

As wild cards I picked Ayumi and Nonaka. Ayumi, I love the girl and she'll probably hang out ala Niigaki so I don't know why I even bother picking her but I mention her because she's one of the few doing TV work outside of the group. Nonaka I picked because she's clearly valuable with her english skills and is doing double duty outside the group with it. She can expand and do more with it. I wouldn't want to see her leave just yet. But she is almost at that point where she can go on and do great things outside the group. 

I didn't pick her, but Maria is another one that could branch out. Go into modeling.

Akane, she needs her chance to be a senior in the group so I wouldn't want her to leave till she's had her shot. Sayumi really changed for the better after she became a proper senior and I feel like Akane has that type of quality in her and I'd like to see what happens. 

#42 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:06 AM

Sakura is a lifer who will need to be told to leave. Everyone knows that MM needs her voice, and she knows that MM will always be her largest platform. 

#43 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:59 PM

Is fitness modeling big in Japan? It seems like it would be really niche and therefore hard to make a career out of.

She could be a go-to magazine girl..... And instagram model, with all the golfing she does. Lots of opportunities for pictures while traveling, golfing, eating, etc.