• Please log in to reply
UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related! Welcome to the other side of Up Front! 2233 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Jul 02 2012 12:11 AM · 

#2161 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

I think they’ve been around longer than anyone ever expected.

#2162 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

Eh, they probably should have around the time they renamed themselves.

#2163 Mizura

Mizura
  • ANGERME

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

This doesn’t surprise me that much. They barely release anything anyways.

#2164 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

Meimi is doing well. 

She is in a new musical in the TRUMP series called "Marigold". Not sure how important her role ("Gerbera") is, but she's the second character listed on the play's page.

On another note she'll release her first solo single, "Romance", digitally on 4/25 (so basically today Japan time). It's a cover of the song by Aku Yuu. It has been released before in November on an Aku Yuu tribute album. Here's a preview.

L58n6x7.jpg

Also, her solo live is on 5/12.

#2165 Myst

Myst
  • ANGERME

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

Ciao Bella Cinquetti to disband on 8/2 - https://www.oricon.c...ocial&ref_cd=tw

Wow. They sure did last a long time... I'm shocked Kanami lasted in the group so long. Thought she would be the first to go. Wonder if any of them will continue on. Robin is the only member I can see staying in the public eye.

#2166 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

Meimi is doing well. 

She is in a new musical in the TRUMP series called "Marigold". Not sure how important her role ("Gerbera") is, but she's the second character listed on the play's page.

On another note she'll release her first solo single, "Romance", digitally on 4/25 (so basically today Japan time). It's a cover of the song by Aku Yuu. It has been released before in November on an Aku Yuu tribute album. Here's a preview.

L58n6x7.jpg

This is available on American iTunes!  :girlie:  :clap:  :party:

#2167 Sayu

Sayu
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:16 PM

Meimi is doing well.

L58n6x7.jpg

I still don't understand how they could've predicted that this had the potential to become THAT one day. I think it was just dumb luck or a happy accident on behalf of whoever made the decision to add Meimi to S/mileage.

#2168 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:07 AM

Meimi is doing well.

L58n6x7.jpg

I still don't understand how they could've predicted that this had the potential to become THAT one day. I think it was just dumb luck or a happy accident on behalf of whoever made the decision to add Meimi to S/mileage.

I don't know, Sayu, but I see all of her nascent qualities in that clip. I would have chosen her on the basis of that audition without a second's hesitation. The sound in the clip isn't great, for whatever reason, and that may affect how one perceives her vocal abilities. She may have sounded much better if you were listening in that room. If not, there was still a strong indication that with coaching she'd improve greatly. It's a fast song and she gets the cadence just right, more of a requirement than vocal ability at that point. Besides, she shows great poise and discipline and is cute as can be. How could she miss? And she didn't!

In contrast, check out the clip of Sakura Oda on that page doing the exact same audition and tell me if she should have been chosen for S/mileage. I would have said, "Passable vocals, give her some training, but save her for a group that might really need a singer."

#2169 aisasami

aisasami
  • ANGERME

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Asuka Fukuda's band Peace$tone will break up on October 31, according to their blog.

#2170 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

In contrast, check out the clip of Sakura Oda on that page doing the exact same audition and tell me if she should have been chosen for S/mileage. I would have said, "Passable vocals, give her some training, but save her for a group that might really need a singer."

I wonder how much of that was the song and how much was her skill at the time. Especially in the beginning, Sakura had a tendency to imitate the original singers rather than her "own" voice.

#2171 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:32 PM

To be honest S/mileage songs, especially the 4-nin ones, are horrible to song. You basically have to set up a Mickey Mouse voice to reach those notes, and I think that's also what was Sakura's problem here. Meimi's too, to an extent, but she already had some musical training.

#2172 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

I feel like Meimi knew s/mileage was a cutesy group too so she dumbed herself down.

#2173 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

They were like 11 at the time guys.

#2174 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:42 AM

How come not a word about Rika Ishikawa giving birth to a baby boy here? And it was on Kitaoji's birthday, too! The last of 4th Gen to give birth.

https://aramajapan.c...baby-boy/87629/

http://www.tokyohive...h-to-a-baby-boy

#2175 Solarblade

Solarblade
  • ANGERME

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

Meimi is doing well.

L58n6x7.jpg

But lets be honest, everyone but 1 ended up in H!P those auditions were pretty successful~

#2176 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Just for the record, in case something went under my radar, has Aya Matsuura released any recordings since her album "Click You Link Me" in 2010? That's the last one I've got.

Thanks.

#2177 Solarblade

Solarblade
  • ANGERME

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

Just for the record, in case something went under my radar, has Aya Matsuura released any recordings since her album "Click You Link Me" in 2010? That's the last one I've got.

Thanks.

Just a best album in 2011 with a couple new songs

#2178 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:53 PM

Her daughter is finally old enough for school, and they announced a change in her management, not an outright retirement, so hopefully we'll see something at some point...

:(

#2179 eri

eri
  • aka eri, the Alpha and the Omega

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

Yaguchi Mari has popped up on Netflix as a host for this terrible reality show, "Rea(L)ove." I am so embarrassed for her. 

#2180 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

LOL my brother was watching that show a couple nights ago and I flipped out when I saw Mari.  It's a mess of a show, but at the same time, it still makes her more relevant than like, 99% of the other ex-H!P girls.  I gotta hand it to her... she actually managed to make "scandalous maneater" her brand which is no small feat considering what a massive double standard Japan tends to have about those sorts of things (or well, everywhere, but you know what I mean).

#2181 mm10fan

mm10fan
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:17 AM

Asuka Fukuda's band Peace$tone will break up on October 31, according to their blog.

It appears that member Etsu (えつ) is leaving by 10/31.  Though, they seem to have changed their header already.

#2182 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

I'm assuming we post stuff about Airi in this thread, right?

I just watched the PV for her new song, "Distance."  I like the song and the PV. I'm getting a distinct Maki Goto vibe from it (AVEX period). Which is nice.

I just wonder why she didn't sing this at the solo concert I saw in Tokyo a month ago today.

https://youtu.be/uOIlXvvE91g

#2183 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Airi had 2 concert series going on at the same time with 2 different themes. Her ~Do me a favor @ COTTON CLUB~ focused on the dance side from her album (This is the set-list that had DISTANCE on it).
While the ~Do me a favor @ Zepp Tokyo / Namba Hatch~ live focused on the band side tracks from her album. The live she will have at Budokan on the 9th of July will bring both of them together. 

#2184 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

Airi had 2 concert series going on at the same time with 2 different themes. Her ~Do me a favor @ COTTON CLUB~ focused on the dance side from her album (This is the set-list that had DISTANCE on it).
While the ~Do me a favor @ Zepp Tokyo / Namba Hatch~ live focused on the band side tracks from her album. The live she will have at Budokan on the 9th of July will bring both of them together. 

Ahhh! I went to the wrong concert! Thanks for the clarification.

#2185 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:30 AM

Yaguchi Mari has popped up on Netflix as a host for this terrible reality show, "Rea(L)ove." I am so embarrassed for her.

I watched the first episode because I was curious and it’s a pretty awful show. Trashy and vulgar. Makes sense why Yagu is a host though with her scandal. They even joke about it on the show.

#2186 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:32 AM

I'm more surprised by eri popping up on the BBS!

#2187 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

Trashy and vulgar you say?  I might just have to check it out.

#2188 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

I'm more surprised by eri popping up on the BBS!

Same here! Welcome back, Eri. Don't be a stranger. Hey, I'M still here. Aine's still here!

#2189 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

https://www.oricon.c...s/2111135/full/

Abe is having another baby, she’s due in the fall. She had a son summer 2016 for those who don’t remember.

#2190 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:41 AM

Meimi will have her solo debut this summer!
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/sp/