• Please log in to reply
Hello Venus For you~ boo 78 replies to this topic Started by Molly , May 28 2012 11:09 PM · 

#1 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

So Hello Venus is Pledis' new girl group. This is the same company that has After School, Son Dambi, and Nu'est. Half the girls are from Pledis and half the girls are from another company called Fantiago. Pledis is taking over their music career, while Fantiago will manage their acting careers. I'm completely in love with this group already.

Posted Image
Name: Yoo Ara
Nickname: Ara the Bambi
Birthdate: September 26, 1992
ht/wt: 167cm, 47kg
Hobby: Writing lyrics and songs
Skills: Japanese, Acting
Bloodtype: A
Position: Leader, Lead Vocals

Posted Image
Name: Yooyoung
Birthday: January 23, 1995
Size: 170cm, 49kg
Hobby: Mountain Climbing, drawing
Skills: Acting, writing rap lyrics
Position: Maknae, Vocals

Posted Image
Name: Nara
Birthday: March 13, 1991
Size: 172cm, 52kg
Hobby: Watching movies, Golf
Skills: Acting, Modeling
Position: Vocals, Visual

Posted Image
Name: Alice
Birthday: March 21, 1990
Size: 166cm, 47kg
Hobby: Playing guitar, styling
Skills: Computer programming
Bloodtype: B
Position: Vocals, Visual

Posted Image
Name: Yoonjo
Birthday: December 14, 1992
Size: 165cm, 45kg
Hobby: Listening to classical music
Skill: Classical singing
Bloodtype: AB
Position: Vocals

Posted Image
Name: Lime
Birthday: January 19, 1993
Size: 169cm, 50kg
Hobby: Swimming
Skills: Dance, writing rap lyrics
Bloodtype: O
Position: Rapper, vocals

Here's their debut mini album
01. Hello
02. Venus
03. Excitement
04. Love Appeal

And they also have a TV show called Birth of Venus
Episode 1 Subbed

Okay, now fall in love!
Posted Image

#2 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

I noticed there are only five members in performances. What happened to the sixth?

I'm also curious as to Alice's computer programming skill.

#3 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

Yoonjo injured the ligament in her leg a few days before they filmed the mv so she's been unable to dance/perform with them. They said she should be alright in 3-4 weeks, so she should hopefully be alright soon.
Also I just ordered their mini album so I'm really really excited.

#4 showraniy

showraniy
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hm... I like them already. Watching the show right now, but why WHY didn't someone put chapstick on Alice before that picture?! Argh chapped lips I hate them so much!

#5 Plum

Plum
  • I love you guys. Fruit Love.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

I love Venus. I've been singing it for days.

#6 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Wow, they are gorgeous girls, and you can actually tell them apart really well unlike most recent Korean groups. I've been meaning to check this out since I saw it at the Kpop store the other day, I guess I'll listen. I know there's a good chance I'll regret it, but lets go:

Hello is pretty good, it actually has organic instruments and a pretty heavy rock feel, pretty rare for Korea. I can do without the rapping, but the song is good.

Venus is effing fantastic. This makes me want to buy the mini-album if for nothing else.

Damn, even the slow song is good and not overly corny and boring. I don't even need to listen to the last song.

Well, the last song is awesome too, even if the arrangement screams "generic Kpop," the songwriting sounds more like Jpop. Consider this CD bought.

Why are mini-albums in Korea usually pretty amazing and then the full albums suck ass?

#7 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

They bait you with the good stuff and then reel you in with the crap. Because some people will buy anything for their favorite group. Posted Image

#8 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

My very first thought of this group was: Lime is really, really hot.
My first impression of their song was that it sounds really nice. And I still keep hearing "Fuck you" at 0:30.

I think "Hello Venus" is a stupid name and they should have switched their group name with their first single's title.

#9 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Well their name is supposed to be a play on words. It's heLO VEnus. They write the love part in a different color.

#10 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

My first impression of their song was that it sounds really nice.

They're all knockouts, as far as I'm concerned, but I like Alice and Nara the most, but Lime and Yoonjo definitely have a unique cuteness/hotness to them that's pretty exceptional and makes them stand out quite a bit. The first episode of that show was really entertaining, though these kinds of shows are pretty hit or miss for later episodes being very interesting, so don't know if its worth trying to follow or if the subs community will even keep up with it.

I think "Hello Venus" is a stupid name

Do you also think "Hello! Project" is a stupid name? :P

#11 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

My first impression of their song was that it sounds really nice.

They're all knockouts, as far as I'm concerned, but I like Alice and Nara the most, but Lime and Yoonjo definitely have a unique cuteness/hotness to them that's pretty exceptional and makes them stand out quite a bit. The first episode of that show was really entertaining, though these kinds of shows are pretty hit or miss for later episodes being very interesting, so don't know if its worth trying to follow or if the subs community will even keep up with it.

I think "Hello Venus" is a stupid name

Do you also think "Hello! Project" is a stupid name? :P

The others aren't ugly, but 95% of K-Pop idols aren't ugly. lol
Yoo Ara has weird empty eyes in the video imho.

Even if it might just have been a rethorical question...
I never actually thought about "Hello! Project".
But I think it serves it's purpose for idols that are nearer to their fans and more down-to-earth than the idols that came before H!P.
But Tsunku loves arbitrary "!" in his song titles, so that's kinda his fetish I guess.

#12 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

The others aren't ugly, but 95% of K-Pop idols aren't ugly. lol

This is true, since plastic surgery does wonders and outside of Southern California, South Korea is the world's #1 hotspot for it. But there's still a difference between "I look like everyone else" pretty *cough*SNSD*cough* and actually being uniquely pretty. Ara looks kinda weird in certain shots, but she definitely has a kind of leader personality from what I've seen and is still pretty, despite looking off sometimes.

#13 Plum

Plum
  • I love you guys. Fruit Love.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

AEUG likes a song I love and Ap and I agree on which member of a group is hottest. What strange parallel universe is this?

#14 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

I'm in love with Yoonjo. She looks like a Jessica that's pretty without a ton of makeup.

#15 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

Ap and I agree on which member of a group is hottest.

That'd happen more often if you wouldn't always root for the "special member". :whistling: :wink:

EDIT:
The blonde one looks very similar to one of the Dal Shabet girls (I don't know their names).

#16 showraniy

showraniy
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

So far, I think Ara is really pretty, but yeah, none of them are ugly either. :lol: I like Lime the best, but I'm not sure if that's just her awesome name and hair color doing it. I'm actually not that taken with any of their songs, but I just really like them already for some reason.

#17 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

I really like Alice after watching the first ep. Of their show.

#18 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Just spent some time getting to know this group. Commence fan mode. <3 I don't know who to stan yet though.

Mini Review -
01. I like the instrumental, but not so much anything else.
02. This song. So sugary sweet pure pop goodness! I love it!
03. Oh, a slow song. But it's not that bad, amazingly. I don't know how often I'll listen to it because it doesn't fall under the "amazing slow song" playlist, but it's not so boring I would skip it when the album plays.
04. Love this song too!

This is a great mini and a great debut.

#19 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

Love Appeal and Venus are amazing and I love them. Love Appeal I think I like more. The part where they say, Hey I'm not that kind of girl really get's stuck in my head. That beat! Nananana~ You can never go wrong with some nananas!

#20 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

I really like Venus, but the others don't appeal to me at all.

#21 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

I thought it was a solid mini, but not really an amazing one. But a lot of groups get better material over time, in my opinion, so hopefully they will too.

#22 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

I thought it was a solid mini, but not really an amazing one. But a lot of groups get better material over time, in my opinion, so hopefully they will too.

I've now found this to be the exact opposite most of the time with Kpop, except with Girl's Day. They started out atrocious but got amazing after like 3 years. Most of them start out pretty good and then turn to utter generic shit.

#23 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

Girls Day have only been around for two years.

#24 showraniy

showraniy
  • ANGERME

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

The idea is that they start out with the cheapest songwriters, making that old Kpop sound, and then get better, more expensive (mainstream) ones as they go along.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like the lead song, so I'm kiiinda hoping that's the case with this group 'cause I wanna like them a lot. Also, I hope Lime doesn't end up Amber 2.0 with the cool image but only being the group rapper. I want her to sing. :hmph:

#25 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

Girls Day have only been around for two years.

I should've said 2, I was just overshooting my estimation of how long they'd been around since I was too lazy to actually check the dates.

The idea is that they start out with the cheapest songwriters, making that old Kpop sound, and then get better, more expensive (mainstream) ones as they go along.

This is pretty much what I have gathered.

#26 Mugi

Mugi
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like the lead song, so I'm kiiinda hoping that's the case with this group 'cause I wanna like them a lot. Also, I hope Lime doesn't end up Amber 2.0 with the cool image but only being the group rapper. I want her to sing. :hmph:

Lime does sing. She has singing lines in all their songs.

Here are some color coded lyrics. Not sure how right the color coding is but they are usually pretty good.
helLO VEnus
Love Appeal
Excitement

#27 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

Episode 4 has been subbed. Still looking for episodes 2 and 3.

#28 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Episode 2 has been subbed. Also the girls released a new song called 'Like The Waves'.

#29 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Just came across this short clip where they (try to) talk some English:
http://www.youtube.c...&feature=g-vrec

EDIT:
Coincidentally, according to wikipedia, they seem to have some new stuff coming up in the next 2~3 weeks.

#30 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

They do, they're having a comeback in early November, hopefully with all 6 members.