• Please log in to reply
K-pop Census 2015 Top Giveaway Ranking K-pop Favorite 2015 Census Songs Sounds better in my head 7 replies to this topic Started by Derby , Jan 02 2016 06:59 PM · 

#1 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

It's actually just a list of your favorite releases of this year, like one year ago!
Since MM'15 was a bit boring and Kobushi weren't as active as I would have liked, ANGERME was the only thing that kept me interested in H!P. So, I had the need to crawl back to my K-pop habitat that I left to introduce myself to J-pop. Because of that, this year's list is twice as big as the one I made for 2014, good job 2015.

Top 3:

1. IU - Zezé ····· Thanks to the controversy over this song, I gave it a listen and I loved it so much. To this day I still don't know if it was a stupid witch-hunt or she intended to be incorret, either way I can't put #1 any other song than Zezé.

2. T-ara - So Crazy ····· I'm not even a T-ara fan but I'm always super biased with their songs.

3. SNSD - You think ····· I don't understand why Lion Heart got all the attention honestly. Or why all of their You think performances are pre-recorded.

Favorites:
KARA - Cupid ····· This one flopped so hard but I was obsessed with this song when it came out. If they finally don't renew their contracts this month it will be sad how Cupid was their last song.
SNSD - Check & Sign ····· Sign is the only song I liked from Lion Heart and Check one of the few things that save SNSD this year for me.

Seventeen - Mansae ····· I hope this guys can make it big and I hope Pledis does not fuck them up.

F(x) - 4 Walls ····· I now F(x) always has the highest quality album songs, maybe I should give it a listen.

IU - Twenty-three
Brown Eyed Girls - Brave new world

AOA - Oh BOY
Nine Muses - Hurt Locker

Love:
SNSD - Catch me if you can & Party ····· I know at first I didn't like Party but as catchy as it is, it grew on me a lot. Those 'it's a party' lines are still stupid and pointless tho.
Miss A - Only you ····· Just like Party, I didn't really like this at first but with a couple of listens I started liking this. It's still less than what Miss A can offer but...
Gfriend - Me gustas tú & Glass Bead ····· Their songs aren't even my type but what makes me like them so much is their choreographies
Twice - Like OOH-AHH
Girl's Day - Ring my bell
Taeyeon - I
Brown Eyed Girls - Warm Hole

Nine Muses - Drama
Hello Venus - I'm Ill
AOA - Chocolate

Like:
Crayon Pop - FM & Dancing all night
Unpretty Rapstar - Don't Stop
Seventeen - Rock
Red Velvet - Ice-cream Cake
AOA - Heart Attack
Bastarz - Zero for conduct
Amber - Shake that brass
Yezi on Unpretty Rapstar, everything.
Jinusean - Tell me one more time

Stellar - Vibrato

OK:
Rainbow - Black Swan ····· I like Rainbow and I've said multiple times that I want them to go back to their A style. This is a nice change, it's not sweet or sugary at all but it's not what I was waiting for. I hope they can release A 2.0 before disbanding.

4Minute - Crazy ····· Maybe it's because it was an early release that it has ended down here.
Dal Shabet - Joker ····· Just forget that atrocious rap please, just please.
Seventeen - Adore U

RaNia - Demonstrate
Monsta X - Trespass

Bonus Track: Lil Cham

I think that's about it. Once again I'm not interested in EXO. Big Bang had 2 comebacks this year and as I was expecting, no interest on them either, I'm such a hipster.

#2 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

~~~ The official MM-BBS Ap2000's 2015 K-pop Awards ~~~

"Best song of the year, any genre, any country" award:
Crayon Pop - FM

"Holy shit WTF are you doing" award:
SNSD (any of their singles)

"I didn't expect anything and still hated it" award:
4Minute - Crazy

"The music video is giving me a boner, but the song is not doing it for me" award:
T-ara - So crazy
Runner-up: SNSD - Party

"The music video is giving me a boner and so is the great song" award:
Stellar - Vibrato

"Where are you? I used to like your stuff!" award:

2NE1

Runner-up: Kara, but they actually did some stuff. It was just all really boring.

Runner-runner-up (well aren't I a jerk): Girl's Day. Ring my bell was such a bad song.

"Probably the styliest MV of the year" award:
Rainbow - Black Swan

"Still not giving a shit" award:
Nearly every nugu group after Bestie.

Oh an ui.

"Saddest weight loss" award:
EXID's Hani

"Catchier than it has any right to be" award:

Jimin - Puss

"Wow, this made me realize I love plastic! The song isn't bad either" award:

Pocket Girls - Bang Bang

"Most anatomically correct K-pop music video of the year" award:
JYP - Who's your momma?

"There are many waifus, but this is my waifu and she is the prettiest waifus of all waifus. Also, fuck your waifu." award:
Taeyeon in I.

"Not even my waifu can save this garbage" award:
Manber - Shake that brass

"Best K-pop song not released this year" award:
T-ara - Sugar Free (Live version because I don't want to get sued when somebody gets a seizure from the MV)

There you have it, 6 things I didn't like this year, 9 things I liked.

I also liked Wonder Girls' I feel you and Twice's debut.

#3 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

21:04 - Ap2000: It is time for you to write "s the only K-pop song I remember from 2015, but I like it so much that it could make up for a whole year devoid of other music."
22:15 - aine: I'm afraid
22:15 - aine: that post would be empty
22:15 - aine: because I heard like 0 kpop in 2015

To clarify, I meant 0 songs released in 2015 that I would remember. Sorry, Korea, no cookie this time (but I'll use Derby's links to perhaps find something memorable).

#4 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:49 AM

Top PicksNotableShow Me The Money/Unpretty Rapstar

#5 showraniy

showraniy
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:48 AM

Taeyeon's "I" is the only thing that mattered this year! That's my vote.

#6 strawberryjam

strawberryjam
  • 士多啤梨 bunny ? ♡ (・x・)

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

The only song that mattered to me - Shinhwa - Sniper:shlick:

This was also the year that Shinhwa finally won the rights to their name, lol.

#7 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

I'll do a better version later but I just wanted to say I really like T-ara's song even though it wasn't good and nobody ever hit those high notes live.

#8 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:29 PM

Too lazy to make a list, but best song of the year imo: The Little Prince. Sooo underrated; wish more people knew about it.

Honorable mentions: Cupid (Oh My Girl), and Like Ooh-Ahh (Twice). Those were the two that stood out enough for me to remember them without looking up "2015 K-pop songs".

Also, Wonder Girls comeback. <3