• Please log in to reply
B!P editor thread (HTML, CSS stuff) For more accurate editing (for preppers mostly) 2 replies to this topic Started by WhiteForte , Jan 31 2017 05:00 AM · 

#1 WhiteForte

WhiteForte
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:00 AM

I figured I'd make a thread like this for preppers like me who like to be as faithful as possible when prepping. Since the editor in b!p is kinda... odd I use some tricks to make the posts as similar as possible to the source. Everyone is welcome to post more and I'll add it to the main post.

Note: remember to always paste the text of the entry in text mode rather than visual mode, it'll make work easier.

Accurate spacing:
Since the editor deletes consecutives line breaks and spaces, here are two pieces of code I use for them to show correctly:

Line breaks (enters):
Spoiler

&nbsp method (line breaks):
Spoiler

Multiple spaces:
Spoiler

Font size:
Spoiler

Hashtag bubbles:
Spoiler

That was all I could think of for now. If anyone uses any tricks, please post them here :)

#2 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:43 AM

Another way for line breaks is to use  
If there's only two lines they'll keep, but if there's three or more it needs to go in between. For example:

漢字これが漢字ですよーっっ

また漢字か( ;´Д`)

Whereas, if it were just

漢字これが漢字ですよーっっ

また漢字か( ;´Д`)

the   isn't needed. If you have an even number of spaces, it goes like this:

Spoiler

#3 WhiteForte

WhiteForte
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

Thanks! I'll add it to the main post. I used that in the past, but changed to what I explained here, so I forgot about it.