• Please log in to reply
Morning Musume BBS! IDOL Best (RULES THREAD, PLEASE READ) OH GOD READ THIS 25 replies to this topic Started by Prinny Squad , Aug 15 2009 01:38 AM · 

#1 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad
  • Miyoshi Erika Penis Crisis!

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

Here are the general rules for everybody. These are to be adhered to at all times during the competition when it is live.

1) All competitions are broadcast LIVE on Saturdays at 10PM. The main threads will have when the show will go live, but I'm expecting it to be weekly.

2) Be there! You'll be given one chance to miss a week, but next time you're out! I am absolutely serious about this, as I want to keep this active.

3) Download Skype if you have not already and add BookerZX! This is my username on Skype, and it is VITAL that I have you as a buddy so that I can add you to the chat when we go live as smoothly as possible.

These are the only three rules that you need to know before the contest, I will read all rules when in the chatroom when we go live. It's not much, so don't worry. :)

PLEASE NOTE: I am going ahead with the final thread this Wednesday to kick things off! Please sign up if you want to but haven't already! The thread is right here!

And if you've read this far, I will give you an advantage for staying with me. :B Please practice your favorite H!P song. It can be any song in the H!P catalog. Japanese, english, chinese, tagalog, german, it's all legal as long as it is from Hello! Project.

#2 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:37 AM

Uh... weekly? Is this an ongoing elimination thing then? How many weeks? Just from personal experience, there's usually a few that cancel last minute and/or can't make it & that was when we were biweekly.

And 10pm which time zone?

#3 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:43 AM

If it is 10pm eastern, I'll most likely not make it to most of them (not sure yet since I turned in my new work schedule today), or it could be the complete opposite. Is every round going to be H!P related music?

#4 Gypchan

Gypchan
  • DON'T STOP ~RenaiJEW~

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

If it is 10pm eastern, I'll most likely not make it to most of them (not sure yet since I turned in my new work schedule today), or it could be the complete opposite. Is every round going to be H!P related music?

I already talked to Prinny about this and, yes, that is 10pm EST.
It is difficult to find a time that works for everyone since we are all scattered across the globe. If put too late for west coasters, the east coasters complain of being too tired to join in. If put earlier for the east coasters, it is waaaaay too fucking early for the west coasters to get out of their work/school/evening meal in time to participate.
From past experience, putting it on a Saturday helped because the majority of people that get involved did not have to get up early on a Sunday for anything.

As for what music will be involved...
It will not always be H!P music.
Prinny and I have discussed non-Japanese music rounds (like American pop and Broadway tunes) as well as themed rounds that could cross into non-H!P jpop.
For an idol of MMBBS to be a TRUE karaoke idol, their skills should really spread out into other realms besides H!P.

#5 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

Broadway tunes

Oh, you fags :angel:

#6 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

I REFUSE TO SING IN ANYTHING BUT JAPANESE AFTER THE LAST BBS IDOL

#7 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

Uh... weekly? Is this an ongoing elimination thing then? How many weeks? Just from personal experience, there's usually a few that cancel last minute and/or can't make it & that was when we were biweekly.

And 10pm which time zone?

I'm thinking bi-weekly now, actually. Still kinda thinking on the details of it.

#8 Koolmon

Koolmon
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

But... it's poppin! :angel:

Are we allowed to lower pitches for H!P songs? For guys at least?

#9 Gypchan

Gypchan
  • DON'T STOP ~RenaiJEW~

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

Are we allowed to lower pitches for H!P songs? For guys at least?

You can sing it at any octave or pitch you want. You just have to sound good and be entertaining.

#10 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:47 AM

Fuck that shit, you people are singing "I'm In Miami, Bitch" and LIKING it.

#11 Pi Kago

Pi Kago
  • MISS TAIWAN 2008

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:40 AM

Fuck that shit, you people are singing "I'm In Miami, Bitch" and LIKING it.

There is nothing about being in miami to like.

#12 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:22 AM

It's okay Trike, you can do this song. I'm sure you'll rock it. :angel:

#13 Gypchan

Gypchan
  • DON'T STOP ~RenaiJEW~

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

It's okay Trike, you can do this song. I'm sure you'll rock it. :angel:

Is that so, Trikey?
I then deem it that you may only sing this song for every round you participate in and you will automatically be allowed to be in the final two if you make a video of yourself performing the song, exactly the same as the PV, frame by frame.

#14 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

WHY DOES EVERYONE BULLY ME

#15 Liana

Liana
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

LEAVE. TRIKE. ALONE. HE IS NOT WELL.

#16 Windy

Windy
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:43 PM

Oh goody. I get to miss for the millionth year in a row because I'm on the fucking west coast. Yaaaay. :angel:

My schedule just isn't flexible enough, I guess. :/

#17 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

Oh goody. I get to miss for the millionth year in a row because I'm on the fucking west coast. Yaaaay. :eekrun:

My schedule just isn't flexible enough, I guess. :/

...you're in Chatsworth?

#18 Windy

Windy
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

Very funny, Geof. :eekrun:

#19 NekoNoAi

NekoNoAi
  • I has a flavor

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

Prinny dood, thanks for picking up the torch. :tongue:

#20 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:02 AM

Somebody has to do it. I really loved listening to the old ones, and I'm more excited than ever.

#21 NekoNoAi

NekoNoAi
  • I has a flavor

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

You're welcome. :blink:

Yeah, the old ones were fun, which is why I kept em! Geof + Gyp forever! xD

#22 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • I program stuff.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

I'm not really sure how you're going to make this.
I haven't participate (or just looked at/heard of) in any of the previous bbd idol thingies.

You're going to live-stream what the others sing ?
How ?

For people who can't participate because 10pm your time zone being too late, you could record their singing early and then just re-play it during livestream, no ? (in case that's not too much of a hassle)

#23 Gypchan

Gypchan
  • DON'T STOP ~RenaiJEW~

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

For people who can't participate because 10pm your time zone being too late, you could record their singing early and then just re-play it during livestream, no ? (in case that's not too much of a hassle)

I don't have any problem with this idea, personally.
For this particular round, it could work. Other rounds will have surprises and other random things that won't allow it though.
If one records it and then plays it back during the competition and the singer wore headphones so as to not wake up their household at such a late hour, it could work.

For those wanting to do a pre-recorded file of their singing because they can't show up at all for whatever reason and they don't want to be eliminated due to the "twice no-show" rule...
It really depends on how many people can't make it, I suppose.
Also, the only thing that I don't like about the idea is that the fun in criticizing one's karaoke when the singer is not around to hear the remarks would be destroyed. That's lame, but I perhaps the judges can be harsher than usual when the person is not there to defend his/herself.
Plus, having an audience is what MAKES the show.

I would like to know why 10pm EST on a Saturday is too late for some people.
On the west coast, that's, what, 7pm? Central time makes it 9pm. Mountain time makes it 8pm.
I have no idea what time it will be in Europe, but I assume it is in the wee hours of the morning because I remember Storyman being a guest judge back in 2006, struggling with the time difference, and he's in England.

If anyone who has no idea what MMBBS IDOL was like, you can easily get the old audio files from Nekonoai. She saves EVERYTHING. Just PM her, I guess.

#24 BakaPai

BakaPai
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:58 AM

I think I'm missing it? Or maybe I'm too early? I live in Australia :unsure:

#25 Em-El

Em-El
  • 洗濯物

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

You're early, I don't know where you are in Australia, but BBS Idol starts at 10pm American Eastern Time Zone. That's 14 hours from when I'm writing this, and 15 hours from when you wrote your post.

That' Sunday at noon in Sydney time, I think?

#26 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:45 PM

You're early, I don't know where you are in Australia, but BBS Idol starts at 10pm American Eastern Time Zone. That's 14 hours from when I'm writing this, and 15 hours from when you wrote your post.

That' Sunday at noon in Sydney time, I think?

That's right. She's gonna be coming though, we already got it all set. :confused: