• Please log in to reply
BBXmas Karaoke! you know you want to 153 replies to this topic Started by TnB , Nov 18 2013 05:21 PM · 

#31 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

I do nothing all day, so I have plenty of time to mix however many songs there are :D

My cover group is just waiting for lines, so no major mixing is going to happen there yet.

#32 aisasami

aisasami
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

I really want to do:

- Santa-san 
- Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru 
- Shiroi Tokyo 
- Pittari Shitai X'mas

When will be the deadline to turn in lines?

#33 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Good question - arco, how much time do you think you need to mix? 

#34 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well...

Combining the equalizing of the mics, and the actual mixing, a song takes about an 1 hour and a half, depending on how much the mics need to be equalized. That's for a song with about 7-8 people.

I don't do anything on the weekends, either, so I basically have all day to mix songs, and if you guys want to do every song on here, I can mix them all within 2-3 days, I'd say.

#35 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Ok, with a goal of release on Christmas Day, I say we make the deadline for turning in lines December 18th. That gives plenty of padding for anyone who runs into issues and has to turn in lines a few days late. :)

#36 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

arco, you're awesome.

#37 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm happy to see there's lots of interest! :D

I'll keep this thread open until Friday to give people a chance to see it and then we'll start working out casting and stuff. Just a note, if it turns out only one or two people are interested in a song it's totally okay if people want to do it as a solo/duet. I'm not sure how much time arco has for mixing (since we have a pretty big list), so if anyone else wants to help out with solo/duet type stuff I'm sure it would be appreciated! 

If I'm still the only one on Carols, I can sure mix it~ (and record it 1000 times to be good XD)

#38 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

That would be great, Aqua!

And haha, thanks, yuzu~

#39 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

How are the lines being divided up??

#40 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

We will presumably have to audition first and then the songs will be colourcoded by the organiser/leader I'm guessing? That's normally how the BBS karaoke groups are done.

#41 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

I know, I was just wondering because no one mentioned anything about it yet.

#42 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Just to add, I'm a proficient color coder, and I'm used to color coding for large groups (10-12 people). Arco has as well, but other than the experiences I may not know of, he's mostly done 5-7 people. DJP has given us the experience to assist! 

#43 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

The original post mentions casting and stuff but I guess it wasn't terribly detailed. I just assumed most people knew the drill. 

Anyway, I think Yuzu or arco have voice samples from the majority of you, so we'll pool what we have and figure out casting by tomorrow. If you know you've never sent one of us a voice sample before, please send me an email with a sample of you singing. You can be singing anything at all, it doesn't matter! My email is penguin[dot]dreaming[at]gmail.com  :D I'd prefer if you just send the file as an attachment but if you already have it uploaded somewhere a link is fine too. 

If anyone else is thinking about joining in please post in this thread sometime today! I'll be posting part splits sometime on Saturday (assuming we get all voice samples by then). 

Also! PLEASE let me know if you can only do a limited number of songs. Right now you will AT THE MOST be cast in all of the songs you said you were interested in and AT THE LEAST be in one. If you expressed interest in four songs but only have time to record two, please tell me! 

#44 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Just to let you know, I myself have time to record all of the songs~

I wanna hear Petit, because I've heard rumours that she has an adorable voice.

#45 Shiroi

Shiroi
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

If you expressed interest in four songs but only have time to record two, please tell me! 

I was interested in 4 but I could only make time for 2 so I chose Shiroi Tokyo and Anata to Christmas Eve :)

#46 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

I can do all of mine!

#47 Mukuro

Mukuro
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

I'll be able to do both of mine. :)

#48 aisasami

aisasami
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

I can do all 4.

#49 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

I can do everything I am attached to as well.

#50 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

An update!

We've got most of the casting and splits worked out, but I have a few questions. The following songs had lower interest, are people still interested in doing this as small groups?

Currently we have a total of 11 songs, including a solo AquaChan is going to mix herself. Do we want to drop any of these, or are people still up for them?

- Snow Celebration (Idolling!!!) - arco [in 3 other songs], Petit Melon [in 4 other songs]

- Yuki no Hana (Nakashima Mika) - Valerie, arco, Farrah [each of you are in 3 other songs]

- Merikuri (BoA) - Farrah - do you want to do this solo?

I mostly included Yuki no Hana because I know it's a tough song and being a solo it might be hard to split among 3 people. I'm also not sure how you feel about the high notes, arco?

PERSONALLY I think it would be neat to have 12 songs total because 12 days of Christmas, 12th month, etc. Also I just like even numbers. But that's just me xD

#51 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

I still want to do my other two~

As for high notes, I've managed to do a pretty good falsetto before, so I can do a few high notes :D

#52 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Noted!

Also, I was slightly wrong - we currently do have 12 songs because I forgot to include the Boco song Yuzu and Valerie are doing. So that raises Valerie's total song count by 1. :)

#53 Shiroi

Shiroi
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I was considering putting my name down for Meri Kuri but I decided to drop out of it because the chorus kills me lol

#54 tangerine

tangerine
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Is it too late to sign up for anything? D: god I'm always late to these threads I swear

#55 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

I WANT TANGERINE I NEED A GUY TO SING WITH PLEASE OH TNB PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASSEEEEEEE.

*ahem*

#56 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

You can take me out of Yuki no Hana actually; I normally cover it solo and post it on tumblr and I think I have another mixed version from last version so yeah, I can drop out of that one. :D

#57 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Okay, I think we'll drop Yuki no Hana. We have a lot of songs going and I think it might sound a bit odd as a duet. 

Tangerine - It's not entirely too late! I have most of the songs cast and coded, but here are some thoughts on where you could fit in:

Snow Celebration - This could be a duet between the two boys? Petit is in a lot of other songs and said she doesn't mind dropping anything. 
Shiroi Tokyo - I have 3 "big group" songs, meaning everyone who has signed up is split between these 3. Of the three, it would be easiest to add you in here. 
Samui ne - This wouldn't be too hard to re-split, but just keep in mind it's one of the more challenging S/mileage songs (high notes). I'm not sure what your range is though. 

If you're interested in any of those three, send me a voice sample and I'll work you in? OR If there's a song not already on the list you want to do solo or work out with other interested people, that's cool too! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASTING

Here is the breakdown for now. Tangerine may be added to some of the three songs above.

Big Group Songs - everyone in the cast is in one of these three:

Aitai Lonely Christmas - TnB, Yuzu, Mukuro, Thea, Petit Melon
Anata to Christmas Eve - Cyrene, Valerie, ShiroiChanUK, Farrah

Shiroi Tokyo - Star, AquaChan, aisasami, arco

Sub-groups:
Santa-san -
TnB, Yuzu, Mukuro, Petit Melon, aisasami

Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru - Yuzu, AquaChan, Farrah, aisasami

Sei Naru Kane ga Hibiku Yoru - TnB, Yuzu, arco
Kibou no Uta - TnB, Yuzu, Petit Melon

Itsuka no Merry Christmas - Valerie, TnB, Petit Melon

Pittari Shitai X'mas - Valerie, Farrah, aisasami

Samui ne - arco, Star, AquaChan, Thea

Kiyoku Tadashii Xmas - Yuzu, Valerie

Solos:
Carols - AquaChan

These songs are split exactly as the original, so you can use the P!H lyrics if you don't like my colors.

Sei Naru - Yuzu = Kaori, arco = Aya, TnB = Mari
Oujisama - Yuzu = Kaori, Farrah = Mari, AquaChan = Rika, aisasami = Kago
Pittari - Valerie = Yossi, Farrah = Kei, aisasami = Maki (You'll probably want to use P!H because for unknown reasons the spacing disappeared out of my document when I converted to html).

These songs are split almost exactly like the original, but I made tiny changes:
Santa-san - TnB = Reni, Petit = Kanako, aisasami = Shiori, Mukuro = Ayaka, Yuzu = Momoka (Edited one tiny line I thought was coded wrong and made some notes about overlapping parts)
Aitai - TnB = Airi, Yuzu = Maimi, Mukuro = Mai, Petit = Chisato, Thea = Saki (I divided up some of Airi's lines at the end to make the splits more even)

Get lyrics here!

Currently not included are:
Anata to Christmas Eve (being coded by Cyrene)
Kibou no Uta (Yuzu is sending this separately)
Kiyoku Tadashii (Yuzu is coding this)
Shiroi Tokyo / Samui ne / Anything else Tangerine might join.

#58 tangerine

tangerine
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

woo sign me up for Shiroi Tokyo then! :D I'll send you a voice sample asappp

if arco doesn't mind I'd like to sign up for Christmas ga Ippai too? (are you still doing that?) it's a reallyyyy cute song my favorite from K3 probably

#59 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

If you guys would like to do it as a duet, go for it! Arco can handle the color coding if he's up for it. :)

#60 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Sure, I'll code it! I don't mind not having a solo, I prefer duets anyway :D