• Please log in to reply
What recording software (DAW) do you use? BBS recording Census 7 replies to this topic Started by JPope , Dec 06 2016 11:12 PM · 

#1 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

I'm working on something that requires me knowing what programs you all use to record your vocals. I assume most casual non-musicians are using Audacity, but I'm curious to know if anyone is using anything else. Thanks!

I use Reaper, btw.

#2 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

I use Audacity for recording, although I wish I could find something that didn't skip and ruin lines.

#3 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:44 AM

Have you tried Mixpad?

http://www.nch.com.au/mixpad/

EDIT: Fuck all that shit. Ardour is now available for Windows/Mac/Linux: http://ardour.org/

I've used Ardour a little bit when I tried (and failed) to go full-on Windows-free. It's awesome. If you are frustrated with Audacity, give Ardour a shot.  Alas, Linux does not support VST, so I had to keep Windows around for audio recording purposes. If I didn't already own Reaper, I'd be using Ardour. 

#4 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

Thanks! Definitely will do.

#5 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

I went on a random tangent about all the software I used without realizing it was just recording.... but I'll keep it for posterity!

Spoiler

Now, for actual vocal recording, I just use Audacity, since it's just so easy and simple. Mine used to skip, but then my computer got over itself and it doesn't anymore, bless. I have tried using REAPER before, and it works great for multiple takes, but I usually just do one take and leave it at that, since I can't direct myself well enough to know what to improve unless it's just that horrible...

#6 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

I've been using Audition since like 2007 and I just can't seem to drag myself away from it LOL.  I'm pretty happy with it overall but sometimes I think I'm limiting myself a little by not experimenting with other stuff.

#7 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

I use Pro Tools since it was coming with my usb microphone I bought... But I'm pretty much noob with it.

#8 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

I use Audacity but in the period of time I didn't have a decent microphone I was actually recording my vocals on my phone (because they somehow turned out better than the default mic that comes with my computer).  However I am currently locked out of my computer thanks to my mom somehow setting a password on it and forgetting it when I let her borrow it one day....so until I get that figured out I think it's back to the phone. :\