• Please log in to reply
Morning Musume BBS! IDOL BEST Week 3 Oh boy 53 replies to this topic Started by Prinny Squad , Sep 06 2009 04:13 AM · 

#31 Liana

Liana
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:26 AM

This message was brought to you by not Yo!Pro & not Miller Lite

HA I heard Gyp got a little crazy :noway: I wanted her to mention it once since there are one or two people who don't post at Y!P who might've wanted to know it was finished, but it made no sense to post it at mm-bbs since, you know, what I said about only one or two people wanting to hear it and not posting at Y!P XD So mention it during idol and BOOM all is well! She turned it into the sponser thing and it kind of backfired on her both. We mean no harm y'all. We shall go stay in our little house now, mindin' our business. Not that a forum war would not be glorious. I shall be the hot but bitter leader with a scar on my eye and skimpy clothing. Ange shall be my protegee and the only person I have any faith in anymore, only she falls in forbidden love with Koolmon who I kill without ever knowing how important he was. Then I will have angst sex with my enemy Geof. WE ARE THE TOUGH BRETS! Snap! Snap! Snap!

#32 Soli

Soli
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:42 AM

Arisa: I'm glad you're feeling better about it! I'd hate to have each person voted off leave for good from our fun nights. :omg:

And if you really wanted to sing, you should talk to Prinny about being able to sing at the after party. The "okay... everybody sang and we voted someone off but we're all still hanging around" time. :noway: I know I wouldn't mind listening to someone later. There wouldn't be any pressure too. <3 Singing for fun!

#33 neshcom

neshcom
  • howdy, y'all

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:17 AM

And if you really wanted to sing, you should talk to Prinny about being able to sing at the after party. The "okay... everybody sang and we voted someone off but we're all still hanging around" time. :noway: I know I wouldn't mind listening to someone later. There wouldn't be any pressure too. <3 Singing for fun!

I may have to get in on this.

#34 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:17 AM

This message was brought to you by not Yo!Pro & not Miller Lite

HA I heard Gyp got a little crazy :noway: I wanted her to mention it once since there are one or two people who don't post at Y!P who might've wanted to know it was finished, but it made no sense to post it at mm-bbs since, you know, what I said about only one or two people wanting to hear it and not posting at Y!P XD So mention it during idol and BOOM all is well! She turned it into the sponser thing and it kind of backfired on her both. We mean no harm y'all. We shall go stay in our little house now, mindin' our business. Not that a forum war would not be glorious. I shall be the hot but bitter leader with a scar on my eye and skimpy clothing. Ange shall be my protegee and the only person I have any faith in anymore, only she falls in forbidden love with Koolmon who I kill without ever knowing how important he was. Then I will have angst sex with my enemy Geof. WE ARE THE TOUGH BRETS! Snap! Snap! Snap!

I must've missed this backlash or whatever, did anyone here have any problem with plugging YoPro? I actually asked Gyp to give out the URL during last week's show so I could visit & she said I couldn't go cos jko's there (I don't know if she's aware that jko & I kinda patched things up but just haven't had reason to talk since haha.) But YAYWOO ANGST SEX! I always thought we were more enema than enemy though?

#35 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:06 AM

And if you really wanted to sing, you should talk to Prinny about being able to sing at the after party. The "okay... everybody sang and we voted someone off but we're all still hanging around" time. :omg: I know I wouldn't mind listening to someone later. There wouldn't be any pressure too. <3 Singing for fun!

Yeah, we always did it in the past idols, but we haven't been doing it this year for some reason. Probably because old idols always had 5 people in every round so there were always more audience members instead of now where we have like, 10.

But yeah, you guys are welcome to sing afterwards.

EDIT: As for Gyp, I was... slightly irritated with it. Plugging it one or two times after judging or whatever is perfectly fine, but constantly linking it while people were singing was a bit much. I love Yo-Pro a lot, but this is BBS-Idol! :noway:

#36 Koolmon

Koolmon
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:16 AM

I kinda miss Geof's random pre-show mixes. Those were always fun and entertaining. :noway:

And I'm all for singing after Idol if that I means I can bust out a Korean or AKB48 song. :omg:

#37 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:31 AM

As for Gyp, I was... slightly irritated with it. Plugging it one or two times after judging or whatever is perfectly fine, but constantly linking it while people were singing was a bit much. I love Yo-Pro a lot, but this is BBS-Idol! :noway:

I dunno, I mean it's not like the karaoke section here is anywhere near as active as it used to be, and YoPro certainly seems to be leading the crowd in that regard. I remember when Icey (oh god I miss that girl) ran Humarhythm while karaoke here was at it's peak (and while she was an Admin here) & nobody ever had any problems with it. Finally, I don't think anyone who I KNOW had issues with YoPromotion on this bbs even posts here anymore.

#38 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:50 AM

My problem wasn't that it seemed like Gyp was trying to "steal" anyone from MM-BBS to YoPro, because I know that's not true, but basically everyone in Skype at the time was either already a member there (Me, Prinny, Ange, Nao/Molly, Gyp, Soli, Bakapai, etc.) or already knew about it and just doesn't want to post there for whatever reason, so plugging YoPro is sort of redundant.

And on top of that, wasn't BBS Idol started up again to promote activeness in the karaoke forum? I don't see how that's going to happen if we're told that YoPro is the cool, hip place to be for karaoke. :noway:

I don't want to start shit. It's really not that big of a deal, and I love Gyp, MM-BBS, and YoPro. I just think that people should cool it with the YoPro stuff in BBS Idol. Liana told everyone on YoPro to leave BBS Idol talk on MM-BBS and I think that it should work both ways for the most part.

#39 Gypchan

Gypchan
  • DON'T STOP ~RenaiJEW~

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

basically everyone in Skype at the time was either already a member there (Me, Prinny, Ange, Nao/Molly, Gyp, Soli, Bakapai, etc.) or already knew about it and just doesn't want to post there for whatever reason, so plugging YoPro is sort of redundant.

That was 1/2 of the joke. REDUNDANCY. The other 1/2 was REPETITION. The last half is Comedy 101 (see: Sideshow Bob stepping on 11 rakes in the yard).
I fail at funny. :noway: :doh:
Back to the drawing board! :omg:

I shall be the hot but bitter leader with a scar on my eye and skimpy clothing.

I totally read that as "the hot butter leader." 8o

As for singing and not being in the competition...
I love that addition to the shows themselves and always welcome any audience member to step in and sing to fill any blank moments when there is voting or when we are stalling while waiting around for a contestant to show up or take his/her turn. Those singers are not judged and do not have to keep in step with the theme of the week. It's definitely more entertaining than Geof, Prinny, the guest judge, and myself floundering around trying to think of something funny to say!

#40 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

For me an octave lower would be too low =/

#41 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:13 AM

And on top of that, wasn't BBS Idol started up again to promote activeness in the karaoke forum? I don't see how that's going to happen if we're told that YoPro is the cool, hip place to be for karaoke. :doh:

I don't want to start shit. It's really not that big of a deal, and I love Gyp, MM-BBS, and YoPro. I just think that people should cool it with the YoPro stuff in BBS Idol. Liana told everyone on YoPro to leave BBS Idol talk on MM-BBS and I think that it should work both ways for the most part.

It's not a huge deal, but this is basically how I felt about it over the course of both weeks. I mean, if the only people who want to come and be audience members are YoPro people and a lot of contestants are YoPro people, it's not surprising some YoPro chat is going to come up. That's just how things go in chat sessions. But it's a little over the top to have the constant promotion over both weeks (even if it was meant to be a joke) when the whole point of this Idol was supposed to be revitalizing the karaoke section at this BBS. It seems like YoPro is thriving just fine without the promotion anyway, judging by the number of karaoke singers here that are also members there. :omg: Like Trike says, it wouldn't be fair either if we went over to their BBS and talked all about how cool MMBBS is and how they should remember to check out BBSIdol. If the point of it was just to get the word out about the new CD for the two people that might have been interested, a link in YoPro member signatures would have been just as effective. Unless I'm the only person that looks at links in people's signatures. :noway:

#42 Koolmon

Koolmon
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:16 AM

Well, it looks like with Saturdays starting to be a busy day for me, I am going to have to bow out of the competition.
It was fun guys! :D I look forward to listening in the audience or recordings.

#43 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:29 AM

Well, it looks like with Saturdays starting to be a busy day for me, I am going to have to bow out of the competition.

WHAT. WHAT. Trike and I were holding out for a round where you could do Bold and Delicious. :D You'd better show up one week and sing in between contestants or something.

#44 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:11 AM

Pussy.

#45 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad
  • Miyoshi Erika Penis Crisis!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Sorry man :D It was nice having you though.

#46 Soli

Soli
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

Koolmon! You're going to give up that easily? D: You can't even just come for five minutes, sing, then leave? :D

#47 Koolmon

Koolmon
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

Koolmon! You're going to give up that easily? D: You can't even just come for five minutes, sing, then leave? :D

I'm going to miss this next one because it's my cousin's going away party before she goes to college. Last week, I went out shopping. XD

#48 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:22 AM

Last week, I went out shopping. XD

SHOPPING? Forget it, you're out.

Shopping, good fucking lord.

#49 Liana

Liana
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

a link in YoPro member signatures would have been just as effective. Unless I'm the only person that looks at links in people's signatures. :eek:

Shut up logic eludes me.

But this is just beating a dead horse. I've talked to all sides; making sure Y!P doesn't overtake mm-bbs and telling my children to keep mm-bbs discussion HERE rather than confuse the rather large population of NON mm-bbs singers with talk of idol since we're, like, a real forum these days. Everyone is at peace and we can all sing kumbaya. Have fun at idol tonight y'all- wait a second, it's Friday. Huh! Well either way I am yet again social life-ing but I wish everyone an awesome, Y!P free evening <3 Tomorrow.

#50 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:23 PM

Finished making all of the mash-ups. Good job, Prinny. :(

#51 Myst

Myst
  • ANGERME

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

I may have to join in on this tonight just to hear it :geof: It sounds interesting!

...Is that possible, though? Last time I used Skype, you could only talk to a few people (All I remember is two, but it could've been more I guess) :(

#52 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

I may have to join in on this tonight just to hear it :geof: It sounds interesting!

...Is that possible, though? Last time I used Skype, you could only talk to a few people (All I remember is two, but it could've been more I guess) :(

We have crammed tons of people in. I think we can fit more than enough in.

#53 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:23 AM

We have crammed tons of people in. I think we can fit more than enough in.

You'd be amazed at how many times Prinny's said that about his ass!

#54 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:55 AM

Ehhh, just a heads up.. the mp3s for this week proooooobably won't be up until sometime Friday. Been having some family stuff to deal with & so far I've only been able work on the beginning. For some reason, Prinny's mic gets quieter & quieter with each recording, though I remember being able to hear him just fine Saturday. Anyway, it takes time going through the files & maxing his volume alone (even after normalization AND compression, go figure.)

As an example: Hi, I'm Geof. Hi, I'm Prinny. Hi, I'm Gyp.

See what I mean? :(