• Please log in to reply
Morning Musume BBS Idol Best! SEXY 8 WEEK Week 8+ 74 replies to this topic Started by Prinny Squad , Oct 31 2009 06:26 PM · 

#31 Liana

Liana
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:29 PM

Alright Ange you are going to flip your shit but I want you to sing IZM by BoA feat. Verbal (I'M BRINGING VERBAL INTO THIS HEY YO we are getting married). You will bitch at me the moment I get home about how it's "too high" but I've heard you sing higher PLUS your falsetto is mother fucking gorgeous. The moment I heard this song I thought "Ange." If a dude is to be singing I Wish in it's original key, you can suck this up :whistling: The verses are perfect for you, at least.

Joel . . . sit tight XD I'm on my break at work at the moment and then have to whirlwind off to school THEN go home and crash so I can go back to work at 4 in the morning and then go back to SCHOOL and then go put in friend time BREEEEEATH, so this might come like. Tomorrow. I don't know your range/voice as well as I do Ange so it's a bit harder to find something impressive for you. Imma listen to the files I have for you and try to find a good but challenging song :tongue: If Gyp doesn't get to you first.

#32 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

Joel . . . sit tight XD I'm on my break at work at the moment and then have to whirlwind off to school THEN go home and crash so I can go back to work at 4 in the morning and then go back to SCHOOL and then go put in friend time BREEEEEATH, so this might come like. Tomorrow. I don't know your range/voice as well as I do Ange so it's a bit harder to find something impressive for you. Imma listen to the files I have for you and try to find a good but challenging song :whistling: If Gyp doesn't get to you first.

Preferably tomorrow, please (Liana or Gyp). I'm not going to sing live Saturday since I won't get off of work until 2 hours after it already started, so I'm planning to go into skype with Prinny and two other people most likely friday evening. That way, I won't cheat since Prinny is going to be right there recording me when I do sing <enter song here>. (PLEASSSSSSSSE)

#33 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

LOL fuck, Liana, I have the (possibly) piggy flu XD this is going to be hard. Ah well. We'll see!

#34 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

LOL fuck, Liana, I have the (possibly) piggy flu XD this is going to be hard. Ah well. We'll see!

At this rate, I'll be winner by defualt! :danceman:

#35 Liana

Liana
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

Oh that's right, you're sick . . . I'll try to think of a lower back-up song for you but to be fair to everyone else, I won't tell you what it is until Saturday (don't worry, I'll make sure it's something you know of and not completely 100% out of the blue). Since being sick IS a good reason to give a new song, but I know if I give you a back-up choice you'll go for the easier song even if you're better :danceman: Does that sound fair, Prinny?

#36 Liana

Liana
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:07 AM

. . . So yeah I just got home like two seconds ago and haven't had time to listen to jack. SOMEONE CHOOSE FOR JOEL ABSENTEE. ANYONE. If not, dude I don't even know. You like AAA? Do Soul Edge Boy. Boom. I need to sleep I literally cannot keep focus in my eyes at the moment.

#37 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:10 AM

. . . So yeah I just got home like two seconds ago and haven't had time to listen to jack. SOMEONE CHOOSE FOR JOEL ABSENTEE. ANYONE. If not, dude I don't even know. You like AAA? Do Soul Edge Boy. Boom. I need to sleep I literally cannot keep focus in my eyes at the moment.

Of course you had to choose a guys song. I have to go up against I WISH, Liana! I would do Shabondama or something or AAA's Get Chu! It's cool though. You didn't say in original pitch. :(

#38 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:16 AM

I may end up having to be a little late - I'm still trying to get details about when and who, but people are coming over and I'm not sure when it'll be safe to be singing in Japanese obnoxiously loud. :(

#39 neshcom

neshcom
  • howdy, y'all

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

Joel, how about HANA Uta? I think it could match your vocal range well. I've got a karaoke version if you need.

#40 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:16 AM

Joel, how about HANA Uta? I think it could match your vocal range well. I've got a karaoke version if you need.

That song is AWESOME. I never heard it before. Plus, since I don't veen have 24hours until I record this song, I don't think I'll be able to learn, but I would love for you to send the whole single! It does fit in my vocal range: It's high enough to sound fine, but I would sound more bland if it'sw a guy song usually...

Actually, go ahead and send the instrumental. I wanna try lowering the pitch and singing up an octave, please. :( This is actually a REALLY good song. Already from first listen.

#41 Geof

Geof
  • Caucasian Lantern

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:34 AM

STOP ALTERING THE PITCH, YOU PUSSIES.

#42 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:37 AM

THEN YOU GIVE ME I WISH IN REGULAR PITCH.

#43 neshcom

neshcom
  • howdy, y'all

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:48 AM

That song is AWESOME. I never heard it before. Plus, since I don't veen have 24hours until I record this song, I don't think I'll be able to learn, but I would love for you to send the whole single! It does fit in my vocal range: It's high enough to sound fine, but I would sound more bland if it'sw a guy song usually...

Actually, go ahead and send the instrumental. I wanna try lowering the pitch and singing up an octave, please. :( This is actually a REALLY good song. Already from first listen.

You don't know HANA Uta?! It was kind of a big deal in 2007 (IMHO, the best summer for j-pop in recent history) and I thought everyone had heard it, but maybe it was just me :fu:

Here's the single. Of course, MU is being wierd, so this is not my upload.

Maybe Music? I've the the lyrics (impossible to find btw) and karaoke. Or maybe you know PEACH? It's definitely higher up, but you could sing it in your octave and you probably wouldn't need to adjust the track seeing as Otsuka Ai sings on dolphin frequencies.

I'm inclined to agree for HANA Uta. I think you could pull it off.

#44 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

Thanks for the single. No, I haven't heard it, and I wish I had. I just love it. I do know PEACH. I LOVE PEACH. I, too, sing in dolphin frequencies. I also have no problem with pulling it off with out pitch change. It's just that I would have to sing on my lower part of my range, the reason why I wanted to lower pitch is that I can sing the upper part of my range.

#45 neshcom

neshcom
  • howdy, y'all

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:56 AM

Oh okay. I thought you were more of a lower range, but I guess I don't really know that well. I think you'll pretty much be able to pick your poison this week.

#46 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:57 AM

I never used badongo before. Where's the download link?

#47 neshcom

neshcom
  • howdy, y'all

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:58 AM

Woah, post jumping abound!
It's on the right under the captcha.

#48 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:00 AM

lol sorry, i thought you didn't catch my edit, so I posted it. I found it and I'm downloading it now.

#49 Pi Kago

Pi Kago
  • MISS TAIWAN 2008

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

this also goes for ang, who has pitch editted her song almost every round :( and is currently seeking a song of a lower pitch. i personally don't find this fair.

idol is about being versatile. actually show that you have it.

Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways while Geof drunkenly sang while we were competing and the only song that was pitch edited was when Kaworu was singing Masayume by Aa. Damn kids.

#50 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

I'm versatile in song type but not in range, and there's not much I can do about that, LOL some songs I physically can not do. I'm only asking for a different song this round because I have the flu.

#51 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

this also goes for ang, who has pitch editted her song almost every round ^_^ and is currently seeking a song of a lower pitch. i personally don't find this fair.

idol is about being versatile. actually show that you have it.

Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways while Geof drunkenly sang while we were competing and the only song that was pitch edited was when Kaworu was singing Masayume by Aa. Damn kids.

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE HARDSHIPS OF US YOUNGER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I'll still go with Soul Edge Boy with no pitch change. I show how wrong Liana is for picking that song (but thanks for picking a song that I know and AAA song even though the rap lyrics were never in the official lyrics and so I have to come up with something myself). :dance: I'm going to sing my normal range for the fist verse and up an octave for the second verse just so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

#52 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

I'm versatile in song type but not in range, and there's not much I can do about that, LOL some songs I physically can not do. I'm only asking for a different song this round because I have the flu.

Then...don't pick songs you physically can not do. There's only been two rounds where we didn't have control over our song choice, and with this round the judges are picking songs based on what they've heard of us - they believe you can do it, so just go out and try. As for the flu thing...you were telling us how you had the flu last round, which was like three weeks ago. And you've made 3 karaoke posts here since then. I'm not saying I don't believe you're sick, but it's starting to come off like you're using it as an excuse. If anyone gets SUPER sick, then they should just rest and not come. If you're sick but you think you're well enough to sit on skype with everyone, then just say "Hey guys I'm sick, but I'll do the best I can." People are pretty forgiving. No one's going to vote you off just because you coughed in the middle of the song or cracked on a high note. Besides, if you say "fuck" after you mess up, you'll probably even get extra points!

This is addressed to everyone - everybody has been stuck with some songs that aren't in their comfort zone throughout idol, be it song type OR vocal range. You just have to deal with it and do the best you can with what you're given. You don't have to sound perfect every time, like I said before - people are pretty forgiving. The idea of idol is to win because you're the best, not to win because you're the best in One Note Range Only or One Song Type Only. That being said, it's not srs bizness. There's no prize if you win, other than Pi's figurative crown. If one of us gets eliminated because we didn't sound as awesome as we thought we could have, it's not the end of the world. Just start practicing what you were given, show up and have fun.

#53 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • I program stuff.

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

Fuck it, just sing the song the way it is and try your best.
I agree with Geof, pussies.
I even sang an austrian song in dialect two weeks ago.

#54 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

Since we're all flinging shit at eachother

Joel, tbqh, your voice is not high at all. Every time I've heard you sing a song it's been an octave lower. :T I don't know where you got the idea that your voice is high enough to where I WISH would be perfectly in your range. That song's on the high side for most girls, probably.

#55 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

There's no prize if you win, other than Pi's figurative crown. .

And Pi's figurative tootoo.

Joel, tbqh, your voice is not high at all. Every time I've heard you sing a song it's been an octave lower. :T I don't know where you got the idea that your voice is high enough to where I WISH would be perfectly in your range. That song's on the high side for most girls, probably.

Honestly, I think you're right that my vocice isn't that high, but maybe an exact octave below. I have sang the high note to I WISH before and I know Prinny and neschom were there to hear it. I can even do BoA's merikrui without changing the pitch.

#56 neshcom

neshcom
  • howdy, y'all

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

Honestly, I think you're right that my vocice isn't that high, but maybe an exact octave below. I have sang the high note to I WISH before and I know Prinny and neschom were there to hear it. I can even do BoA's merikrui without changing the pitch.

I thought I wasn't imagining that. I listened to a few of the previous shows and I didn't think you were dolphin high either. I think you would do better with a lower range song (though, I don't know Soul Edge Boy so...)

I even sang an austrian song in dialect two weeks ago.

I'm sure that wasn't so hard.

#57 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

I expect to hear both of those during the aftershow then. In the same octave! On key! :dance:

#58 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

Fwiw, not to give my whole life story or anything, but I was born with a really, really weak immune system. I get sick often, and pretty badly. Just because I don't totally lose my voice doesn't mean I'm faking, which. You're saying you're not accusing me of doing that, but it certainly seems you are. I have made 2 posts here during this sickness - one of which was when I was not very sick at all and thought I just had a minor cold. Sadly, said cold has worsened more and more every day, and seeing as my sister and I got sick at the same time and she was told she has the flu at the clinic, I guess I'm going to assume I have the flu as well. You can say you're not accusing me of anything, but your post sure sounds accusatory.

As for my song choices, I chose them specifically BECAUSE I was told I could lower the pitch - had I been told otherwise, I would have chosen other songs. I chose those songs because I liked them and liked singing them, despite the original key being too high.

#59 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

You can say you're not accusing me of anything, but your post sure sounds accusatory.

I'm accusing you of whining, not of faking. You're a good singer, everyone tells you so every week - and despite being sick in previous weeks, you've never even been close to being eliminated. So you don't need to come in and whine about how you can't do your song. Like I said, if you're extremely sick then don't come to idol. It's not the end of the world. If you're well enough to come, don't whine about it. Again idol is not a serious business music competition. No one is going to to begrudge you sounding a little sick.

#60 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

I attempted this song yesterday, this is a song that literally I could not go even two words in a line without my voice cracking and it was PHYSICALLY painful for me to sing this song in this state. You are being very condescending and I don't appreciate it =/