• Please log in to reply
A decade of H!P :: A thread for discussion. 2010-2019 Looking back through the years. 6 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Dec 31 2019 11:11 PM · 

#1 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:11 PM

Another decade in Hello!Project history is coming to an end and it’s time to look back through the years.
A LOT has happened and there’s a lot to weed through. Thanks to H!P wiki we can look back a lot more easier.

Let’s discuss the highlights and low points and our favorite and least favorite singles as well as the short lived groups that have come and gone as well as the members who brought us joy and made us cringe.

#2 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

I saw H!P groups perform live in the last four even-number years: 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018. That's a big deal for me. Counting the 2009 MM concert in L.A., I've now seen 13 H!P live concerts, including an Airi solo show in Tokyo, which I'm counting as H!P even if might not technically be one. (I'm not counting the Kago solo concert in NYC in 2010, because that clearly had no connection to H!P.)

I have almost every concert from this decade that was released on disc. And I re-watch them all the time. I'm missing a handful of the smaller concert venue performances and some of the events they did in Asia.

In MM, I'm very happy about 9th and 10th Gens and most of the 11th-15th Gens, and 3rd Gen in Angerme, plus all the new groups that formed this past decade: Country Girls, Juice=Juice, Kobushi, Tsubaki and Beyooooonds.

Favorite songs: MM: "Mukidashi de Mukiatte"; S/mileage: "Samui Ne"; Angerme: "Taiki Bansei"; Kobushi: "Dosukoi Kenkyo ni Daitan"; Tsubaki: "Teion Yakedo," "Fuwari koi Dokei"; Country Girls: "Doudatte ii No."

With the exceptions of the various groups' newest members whose abilities I haven't seen displayed yet, I'm a big fan of everyone in MM, CG, Kobushi and Tsubaki. Angerme: big fan of Rikako and Mizuki, mostly, and, of course Musubu until she graduates. Beyoooonds: super fan of Yuhane and Momohime, but am also enthusiastic about each of the others.

From MM, I miss Riho terribly and always will. I miss Haruka and Haruna Iikubo. I don't miss Haruna Ogata. I don't dislike her at all, it's just that If she made any contribution to the group's appeal, it went completely past me.

I miss Maho Aikawa. It pains me that she was absent from HinaFes in 2016 when I was there.

#3 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

Since I really like lists etc. ... I had to make some. Feel free:

Members

Spoiler

Singles
Spoiler

Albums
Spoiler

#4 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:34 PM

Didn’t Koharu graduate in 09?

#5 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:37 PM

Oh right, 2008 was the year without any graduations from MM.

#6 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:45 PM

So this decade essentially encompassed my entire fandom life. I found C-ute in like 2007, and MM followed for a few years. It wasn't until 2012 that I became invested, I was aware Gaki was graduating, and then I found Riho and actually joined. 3 years later Riho leaves (it felt so much longer than 3 years), and then a year after that Thea leaves.

Good times. I was glad to be here, both the fandom and the BBS. I'd never had community before. Not sure what will snare me next.

Besides Riho 😉, I'd have to argue the best thing to come out of that five year period was Lilium.

#7 freezingkiss

freezingkiss
  • なっきい❤

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:15 AM

Managed to meet Hitomi & Rika as part of HANGRY & ANGRY in 2010. They were....not very nice and very standoffish. It's not like there were hundreds of people in the line so it was weird. Their London concert was good though. Met a dude in the line who liked SeraMyu so that was good. 

Saw H!P in concert in 2012 and got tix off a dude who unashamedly just went to perve on the girls and didn't know a word of Japanese despite living there. Saw Erina Mano announce her grad live. 

Was DEVASTATED when Berryz disbanded. Cried a lot. Woke up thinking it was a dream multiple times. Watched concerts on DVD. Sister came home one day with her new boyfriend (now ex) and he was like "oh I thought you were joking when you said she was watching Japanese pop DVDs." Five minutes later he was watching it with me. 

Saw MM (pre Riho grad, far out they should have given her $$$ to stay tbh) and C-ute live (multiple times) in 2015-2016 when I did student exchange, met C-ute at a handshake event and was fckn blown away by how SPARKLY AND SHINY and how utterly gorgeous they all were. Nacky gave me loveheart hands. Maimi was friendly and super nice. C-ute are the dang best. 

Saw Maasa in Danganropa in 2015-2016 and having no clue of what it was about before I saw the play I was about halfway in when I was like....wtf is going on are they dying? 

Saw Risa in a Japanese history period-style play in 2015 and I had only half an idea of what was going on but she looked great. 

Was really damn bummed out when Kanon (Suzuki) left. 

Haven't followed the other bands or soloists at all so idk. 2017 - now I have no idea but still listen to the odd song here and there. 

Motherflippers put H!P on Spotify pls.