• Please log in to reply
Siren [English Cover] (Sunmi) 5 replies to this topic Started by Farrah , Sep 07 2018 03:08 AM · 

#1 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:08 AM

Oh hey, I'm back again!  I was really excited about this comeback so I had to cover it right away.  There are some better songs on the album but overall I was really satisfied with the song and video, Sunmi is consistently delivering solid tracks!  Had to lower the song a bit, that chorus is too high LOL.  Harmonies are hella pitchy but I was in a rush.  That breakdown was so fun to record!

Get away out of my face~

#2 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:08 PM

This is really nice! Did you record this on your computer or in a proper studio?

#3 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

This is really nice! Did you record this on your computer or in a proper studio?

I do everything from my good ol' bedroom because I'm a broke ass bitch, haha!  Glad you enjoyed it :)

#4 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:21 PM

Oh, well then I like it even more, ha ha! What mic, interface, and DAW do you use?

#5 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:33 PM

Oh, well then I like it even more, ha ha! What mic, interface, and DAW do you use?

Mic is the AKG C214, interface is the Scarlett Solo.  Like, $500 overall LOL extremely low budget.  I use Adobe Audition 5.5 as my main DAW since I almost exclusively do vocals and it's very straightforward for that.  Running anything more intense just doesn't seem worth it when all I'm doing is mastering vocals LOL.

#6 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:39 AM

Sounds like a solid setup, and not too different than my own. I have the Scarlett 2i2, a M-Audio D-MP3 pre-amp, and a collection of cheap mics (Rode NT1A, Sterling ST-59, MXL-992, SM-57 and an Audix i5). I'm looking to get an outboard compressor for streaming purposes. Also, as I've posted in the BBS Project 18 thread, I"m kind of a Reaper evangelist, although Audition was my DAW for years before I discovered it. 

Do you use any 3rd party plug-ins, or just Audition's native plugs? There are some amazing free VST EQs, compressors, reverb/delays, etc out there.