• Please log in to reply
[2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia 134 replies to this topic Started by Thea , Oct 26 2016 12:47 PM · 

#121 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

I knew the power of handshakes would come through. Especially now that we know what Oricon's bulk buying cap is.

#122 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

They dropped to 4 today, 3 sold about 4100 copies.

#123 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

But this means Tsubaki is doing a loooot better than expected right?

#124 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, I'd say they're a shoo-in for 35k on Oricon unless things go very wrong the rest of the week. They've also outsold CG, Anju and Kobushi's last singles on Billboard and are about 9k away from beating JJ.

#125 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:43 AM

Are they really going to do it? Is this a repeat of the Berryz/C-ute story?? Is Tsubaki going to overtake their rival group??? lol...

#126 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:47 AM

I think the underdog story is in full effect. You can't make a judgement off of one single, especially since they'll almost certainly see a decline with the next few once the hype dies down.

Edit: I also don't see them ever winning because management clearly loves Kobushi and they don't suck on stage.

#127 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

They might beat JJ's latest single, but as Anderei said, it depends a lot on what happens afterwards. Remember Juice=Juice's first year? About until Ijiwaru Shinaide? I'd say many H!P fans were totally in awe of how well they were doing. They sold more than Berryz and S/mileage. One year later, around Senobi, the hype had cooled down a lot. One year after that many people started to forget about J=J, despite them getting their first weekly #1. 

Also, maybe one day Tsubaki will surpass Kobushi. I mean °C-ute did surpass Berryz, too, but that was when management lost interest in Berryz. So maybe... it really depends on what the company does with the group.

It's kind of sad to see that you can do nearly nothing about the success of your group as a member.

#128 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:55 AM

C-ute's success was also a whole lot of luck. You can do everything right but it doesn't always mean people are gonna take the bait.

Funny enough, that #1 they got was the only single JJ released that year. You figure they'd release another one just to celebrate or something. I can't remember the last time a main group that was actively focused on only released one single in a year besides them.

#129 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:12 AM

Tsubaki is the shiny new thing. Let's see how they're doing a year from now before we proclaim them to be the next C-ute.

#130 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:19 PM

Juice=Juice constantly releasing shitty boring singles didn't help them to be noticed honestly lol

#131 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

True, and I find them to be even more boring than MM personality-wise.

Down to 7 today.

#132 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Now that's something that could happen to Tsubaki, too - it's not like they are that charismatic. Aside from Mao maybe.

#133 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:50 AM

Footage from their release event

#134 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

They're back up to 4. 3 sold 5k.

#135 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

Note to self: start paying attention to this group.