• Please log in to reply
[2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin The 57th single and Sayu's last 307 replies to this topic Started by Kalle , Aug 16 2014 03:40 PM · 

#301 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

Release event At the end they even asked Sayu about Yaguchi and Kago... :nono:  Riho's face was scary... :ph34r:

#302 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

I'm late but you guys weren't lying when you said both Mikaeri Bijin and Shabadabadoo were beautiful tributes to Sayu. After being let down by a radio rip of Tiki Bun I waited for full versions of those and damn it was worth it.

Overall though I'm disappointed with this single, basically because what JPope said below:

Yeah, promoting "Mikaeri Bijin" would've been a waste of money. It's a great song, but it neither fits their current image nor current pop radio conventions. The moment they decided to make this single a tribute to Sayumi they really narrowed their chances of continuing the streak, because they could only go as far as TIKI BUN would take them.

And yet they made the lead song on the single one of their most throw-away ones in over a year. And decided to release it on a week with obvious heavy competition that would probably break their combo. I can't decide if this was due to incompetence or did someone decide that Sayumi deserved a little "fuck you" from the management just so she didn't feel too good about herself after graduating.

tl;dr it's almost 2015 and UFA still can't into management.

#303 NekoKai

NekoKai
  • ANGERME

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

I was under the impression that the competition showed up after they decided on a release date.

#304 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

I was under the impression that the competition showed up after they decided on a release date.

Did they? I wasn't sure about that but I didn't want to stretch my post unnecessarily. I suppose it couldn't be helped then, unless they strategically rushed or delayed the release. Or, you know, released a #1 worthy song to begin with. :pirate:

#305 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:19 PM

I don't see the hate for Tiki Bun. It's one of my favorite singles in the last several years.

#306 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:48 AM

It's not hate, at least from my perspective. It's ambivalence toward what I see as a fairly ordinary song.

With regards to the bit aine quoted from me, I don't mind that they gave Sayu this tribute in the least. If anyone deserves it, it's her.

#307 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:24 AM

Did they? I wasn't sure about that but I didn't want to stretch my post unnecessarily. I suppose it couldn't be helped then, unless they strategically rushed or delayed the release. Or, you know, released a #1 worthy song to begin with. :pirate:

The original rumored release date was when Sexy Zone were releasing. It wasn't ever official but it was from a site that's been right before.

But the #1 song sold over 200k. Even with an amazing song, they never would have sold that much.

#308 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

Tissue! TT.TT

Mikaeri Bijin Live&Talk