• This topic is locked This topic is locked
Chocolate Damashii (21st Aya Matsuura Single) Her last H!P Single 18 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Jan 21 2009 10:35 PM · 

#1 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Radio Rip (BT)
YouTube Rip

Cover - I believe this is the Regular Version.
Posted Image

The single will be out on February 21st.

At least she's going out on an upbeat note, which I was hoping she would. Thank you Aya! :whistling:

Have fun in your new fanclub.

#2 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

Damn, this is great. I hope the PV kicks major ass, cause the song seems to lend itself. At least to a really cute video, if nothing else. The chorus sounds really anime-ish, in a very good way. I could listen to this song all day <3 Seriously. I'll be listening to the new album when I get home with some decent expectations after how good this is. The background guitar and strings parts remind me a lot of 2nd gen Tanpopo stuff; something we've been missing for a long time.

#3 neshcom

neshcom
  • howdy, y'all

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

It's nice :lol: Finally, a mature upbeat H!P song. I never thought I'd live to see the day :whistling:

#4 Soli

Soli
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

Aw, this isn't too exciting for me. It sounds like an Elder version of some of her earlier singles. Nicer then the sweet-but-boring mature singles, but still doesn't so much for me. I'm more of a dance song kind of girl. :whistling:

Good luck to her out of H!P. She's such a personality, I don't want to see her die out.

#5 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

Aya's chocolate salty balls are a hit! :D/

#6 jas

jas
  • princess of pep

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

I will buy this as soon as I have a for sure job. I canceled my order for her album but I WILL get it. Eventually. :D/

I think I have been waiting for a song like this from Aya for... years now? LOL.

#7 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

It's a nice song, but while upbeat which IS an improvement, it doesn't seem to have any sort of hook. There's nothing in this song I forsee getting stuck in my head.

#8 Sabaku Ika

Sabaku Ika
  • untitled

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

I didn't know she was leaving H!P. Do we know what she's doing after?

#9 Falcon

Falcon
  • ANGERME

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

I think she is leaving H!P in name only. She's got her own fanclub now and will most likely continue to release material with UFA but without the H!P label.

I suppose there is a chance she won't release anything afterwards but it seems unlikely.

#10 alita87

alita87
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

The single will be out on February 11th.

Fixed

This is so much better than her album. Most of the songs on the album are even more mellow than the cover album she did of her own songs. Double Rainbow was more upbeat. There's only one or two even semi upbeat songs on the album.

But I'm liking Chocolate Damashii. It's still mature but fun.

And she's getting her own fanclub, there's no way she'll stop releasing things. She gets her own because she's still got the popularity by herself to carry it.

#11 Milly

Milly
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

PV at Dohhhup. Looks very cheap. No surprise there.

It's the cover of the single in motion.

#12 Usako

Usako
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

PV at Dohhhup. Looks very cheap. No surprise there.

It's the cover of the single in motion.

Agreed. Looks extremely cheep. :P

It's so boring, it's a shame she got shafted on her last H!P PV. It's almost 5 full minutes of watching her sit and look bored. At least the song is kinda cute.

#13 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad
  • Miyoshi Erika Penis Crisis!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

Did they just give the fucking pandas more of a budget than Forever Love Chocolate Damashii

Posted Image

#14 ketamine

ketamine
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:15 AM

I like the song... But the PV sure is boring. :)

I had one idea about this, though (maybe to dissuade myself from thinking that they seriously gave Ayaya such little budget on her LAST H!P single)... Maybe they filmed this when her toe was still fractured and therefore she couldn't move around as much and her movements were restricted? Even if it was, though, they could have found a way around it since she's still performing at concerts and all.

#15 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

Haha, this PV is uber cheap, but still pretty cute. She looks bored a lot of the time, but that adds a little hilarity to it, and the song is so damn good that I can't dislike this at all.

Completely unrelated, when you go to watch this on Dohhhup, there's a linked video of the performance of THANK YOU DEAR MY FRIENDS from her 2008 tour, and its really good. God, I love that she gets a live band for all live performances now, so when she does old songs, they're fucking amazing.

#16 Falcon

Falcon
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

I'm guilty of loving the PV and this song. I know the PV is cheap but it's just so damn cute. I totally agree her waiting around for someone/something (a good single) is all too funny.

Really I just want more.

#17 eri

eri
  • aka eri, the Alpha and the Omega

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:46 AM

Am I totally crazy or does Aya Matsuura remind anyone else of Judy Garland here?

I really like this song, but can't watch the PV (it brings the song down!!!).

#18 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad
  • Miyoshi Erika Penis Crisis!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

Looks like Chocolate Damashii was a huge failure. It sold only a measly 4,028 copies, even being outsold by Angela Aki's Tegami. For those of you who don't know, Tegami was released in September.

What a shame. :crazy:

#19 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

I happened to hear this today while I was at the 100en shop. I like it! It's reminiscent of her old stuff, which is what made me love her in the first place. She has a gorgeous voice for ballads and all, they're just not my style. <3