• This topic is locked This topic is locked
Love Revolution 21 PV, by Ice Creamusume full PV out now 20 replies to this topic Started by Farrah , Jan 26 2009 10:28 PM · 

#1 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

The Love Revolution 21 PV is out. Well, not in full quality, but yeah. It looks really cute and quirky. Cheap as hell, but a huge improvement over the other pV.

#2 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

Best Music Video EVER! It's got a freakin' panda! D:

Oh and the girls aren't bad either, BUT A PANDA! :wub: Total win!

#3 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad
  • Miyoshi Erika Penis Crisis!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

Did they just give the fucking pandas more of a budget than Forever Love

#4 Mudfish

Mudfish
  • 泣いて 笑って 怒って 叫んで

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:39 AM

Did they just give the fucking pandas more of a budget than Forever Love

They gave them a panda, but that doesn't make them pandas. Pandas are only from mainland China :thumbsup:

#5 hayley

hayley
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

The Democratic Pandas Republic...?

#6 Tallgeese

Tallgeese
  • ANGERME

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

The Democratic Pandas Republic...?

ROP, Republic of Pandas :thumbsup:

It was a PV in the vein of the recent Kokoro no Tamago PV by Shugo Chara Eggs, and if we reach back, to Pucchi Moni's Chokotto Love, heavy on the bright colors. What I really liked were the costumes.

#7 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

Maybe music videos are cheaper to make in Taiwan then Japan. It isn't a far stretch to think that they are. :thumbsup:

#8 swiggy

swiggy
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

Isn't the panda a racial thing? I thought they were trying to bridge gaps!

.... *crickets* :popper:

Nothing? :whatthe:

Can't wait for the high-res. Yay for colours!

#9 RRR

RRR
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:44 PM

So. Hard to say with the quality.. but here's my opinion anyway:
- Youko looks cute. Cuter than ShenShen. It's nice to see more of her :P
- As said, the video is still cheap, although it's better than the first one - also it's more cute/pink/plastic etc. - if they're going for a Koharu-like cuteness then it might prove to be a wrong choice.
- Depending on the audience, recycling old MM might be a good idea. But the song is not very different from the original, therefore it isn't any better.

#10 ashivers

ashivers
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:38 AM

SOO CUUUTE!!
I LOVE the closeups of ShenShen and some other girl (I dunno her name but shes really cute!!) at about 4:16-4:18. Of course, the scary one is still scary. Theres some awkward or too generic dancing/close ups/general poses etc but its soo much better than their first PV, and better than any recent MM/H!P PVs, just like most have said!

God I love this group.

#11 makoto

makoto
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

the scary one(s) (are) still scary. Theres some awkward or too generic dancing/close ups/general poses etc....

I concur. :D

#12 RRR

RRR
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

I LOVE the closeups of ShenShen and some other girl (I dunno her name but shes really cute!!) at about 4:16-4:18.

So 4:14-4:16 is Youko, and 4:16-4:17 is ShenShen, but then 4:17-4:18 is .. someone else :D

As for the scary one(s) I refuse to comment until I see a better quality video.

Also, UFA! Where are their photosets?! It's almost February!! :riot:

Edited by PWRDATALINK, 29 January 2009 - 10:10 AM.

#13 Mudfish

Mudfish
  • 泣いて 笑って 怒って 叫んで

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

Poor Anchii actually had a whole bit on her blog about how everyone has the wrong impression of her from her face. :)

#14 RRR

RRR
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

^ I don't find her scary although I understand why people say so. The first impression isn't great, but I'm not writing her off at the moment, gotta see more HQ photos, videos of her.

#15 Mudfish

Mudfish
  • 泣いて 笑って 怒って 叫んで

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

^ I don't find her scary although I understand why people say so. The first impression isn't great, but I'm not writing her off at the moment, gotta see more HQ photos, videos of her.

She's actually very cute in some of her blog pics. Girl can't help that her eyes are small xD

#16 strawberryjam

strawberryjam
  • 士多啤梨 bunny ? ♡ (・x・)

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:33 PM

I wasn't seeing the appeal of this song at all when I heard it, but now I'm in love. This PV is so friggin' cute. It's cheap, but, I still love it. Anchi is not scary imo. I just don't like the loli's. Youko is the best. <3

Though I kinda doubt it, I'm hoping this to bring more attention to Mandarin language pop to foreign fans.

#17 BeForJess

BeForJess
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:11 AM

I don't like the video in that, I don't think it goes well with the song. The whole panda thing is stupid, and I think they are playing the Ice Cream gimmick too much already. It's supposed to be a serious group, not Mini Moni.

But on the plus side they look and dance a lot better than their first PV. All of them look cute which surprised me (sorry) because on the album cover and some other pics I had seen, a couple of them didn't look cute at all... But seeing them in the video, they all looked much better. Even Anchii. Peipei, Shenshen and Youko are my faves though.

Even though I wasn't too big on the video I still love 'em though. I'm already anxiously waiting more material.

#18 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:35 AM

Poor Anchii actually had a whole bit on her blog about how everyone has the wrong impression of her from her face. :wink:

That's it. YOU GUYS LEAVE ANCHII ALONE!!! :tongue:

#19 Lovely

Lovely
  • ANGERME

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:40 AM

Why would they wake up a sleeping panda? Don't they know that pandas are dangerous? I would just steal the ice cream and make a run for it.

#20 eri

eri
  • aka eri, the Alpha and the Omega

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

It's supposed to be a serious group, not Mini Moni.

Are you fucking kidding me? Since when is ANY idol group a "serious group"??

They are so different from morning musume (the current line up) that it was hard for me to get around any biases to enjoy this. They seem really young, sweet, and normal - sort of like Japanese mm circa 2002. I kind of like the lameness but it all comes off like video-karaoke. But, maybe that was the point: the entire existence of this group is to, oddly, continually echo back to the original.

#21 BeForJess

BeForJess
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

I don't mean serious quite like that, I guess I mean more like... Their music doesn't seem to be marketed to 6 year olds, so why is the PV? But to be honest if they removed the whole panda thing (which was the biggest thing I didn't like about it), it wouldn't have been too bad. I liked that they did a different dance to keep it different from the original, the girls are cute, they sing well for just having started out (better than most momusu members when they first joined) and I love their cover. I would just tone down the gimmicks in the PV a little bit, because it would have been more enjoyable, at least for me.