• Please log in to reply
Hello!Spam :: 2020 ~Anniversary Mode~ 703 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Jan 01 2018 10:00 PM · 

#691 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • ANGERME

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:11 AM

Ugh, it's so hard because I really want to support these girls in following their idol dreams but I don't want to support the horrible companies they work for. 48G is the worst and I don't know why I haven't completely boycotted them yet. To tell a girl weighing 92 pounds to lose weight?? Disgusting. She is short but going any lower than that would put her in the underweight category I think.

And from the way she's talking about it, it sounds like she's saying "it's ok to want to lose weight, just be careful how you do it" (y'all correct me if I'm reading into this wrong), but like??? no girl at some point you have to be happy with your weight and put your energy into more productive things.

#692 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 05 June 2020 - 05:02 AM

Maki Goto has been doing a Youtube gaming show and she talked a little about her weight gain and loss when she was around 17 in a recent episode.

#693 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:47 PM

Ugh, it's so hard because I really want to support these girls in following their idol dreams but I don't want to support the horrible companies they work for. 48G is the worst and I don't know why I haven't completely boycotted them yet. To tell a girl weighing 92 pounds to lose weight?? Disgusting. She is short but going any lower than that would put her in the underweight category I think.

And from the way she's talking about it, it sounds like she's saying "it's ok to want to lose weight, just be careful how you do it" (y'all correct me if I'm reading into this wrong), but like??? no girl at some point you have to be happy with your weight and put your energy into more productive things.

She’s saying that she went on a super restrictive diet her first year and she eventually began stress eating and gained all the weight back plus more and that she had started throwing up and that even now she worries about not being fit into her costumes. Her only statement about the merits of dieting is that extreme dieting is not okay.

The person who translated though says they did not translate her last tweet on the matter because of what she said, though.

#694 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:18 AM

Ogata Haruna also talked about on her channel about issues with weight and dieting, but hers is more about her own issues as growing up in the public eye, not that UF suggested it to her.
I like Haachin more as a Youtuber than I ever did in H!P. She’s the type more suited for the 48group style idol.

#695 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:08 AM

She’s the type more suited for the 48group style idol.

Yeah, she'd probably still be in the business had she auditioned with Aki-P instead.

#696 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • ANGERME

Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:51 AM

I finally got an Apple Music trial and decided to spend my Friday night obsessing over creating a playlist so here you go: Hello! Project 2020 MIX.

It's every song [available on Apple Music] that was released, performed, or re-released (like as part of an album) in 2020. I'm actually surprised at how long it is given all the cancelled events this year. (I would've been up all night if we'd had any more!)

It's not entirely in the order I intended but I'm too tired to fight with it anymore. It's generally how I want it and it's really intended to be shuffled.

Enjoy!

#697 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:31 AM

You are an all star! I usually play the H!P playlists people make via Apple Music at work because sifting through various H!P groups/songs is way too time consuming to do when you’re supposed to be working and my mood changes daily on who I want to listen too. I don’t listen to H!P stuff every day but when the mood strikes, I have a mighty need.

#698 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:12 PM

I don't have apple music, but that's really cool!

I wanted to compare current sales for Anju and Juice to think about how well their covid single (as in, no handshakes) will do, and i found out that Juice only has 13 (major) singles, while being in the business for 7 years.

And it seems like 2020 will be their 4th (!) year with only one single physical release.

2015 - Wonderful World / Ca va Ca va (when they were first dropped by management)

2017 - Jidanda Dance / Feel! Kanjiru yo (after that they got Ruru and Yanami, and to be fair Fiesta Fiesta followed that year, but not under their ongoing counting system since it was a digital release)

2018 - SEXY SEXY / Naite Ii yo / Vivid Midnight (that was the year when Karin was out early - they still released the single and an album later that year)

2020 - Pop Music / Suki tte Itte yo (well, Covid)

...also, I totally forgot that Anju's last single is their best selling single ever.

I guess they had "reasons" (2015 was also the year of their first album and 2017 they were in a reconstruction phase), but still, phew.

#699 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:45 PM

...also, I totally forgot that Anju's last single is their best selling single ever.

I guess they had "reasons" (2015 was also the year of their first album and 2017 they were in a reconstruction phase), but still, phew.

Being the first without Ayacho too.

Anju sales aren't that good thought. :/ 

#700 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

Does anyone have a place to download H!P singles (especially OG ones) anymore? Popcorn love died, then they took down their drive as well... and aidoru-online doesn't have most of Ayaya! It's a scandal! Anyway, any recommendations?

#701 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:05 PM

I honestly just use Apple Music now. Their H!P section is big. But doesn’t have everything. (No Miki!) is Jpopsuki still a thing?

#702 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 18 June 2020 - 08:21 PM

Oh, I forgot about Jpopsuki! Thanks, Q!

#703 Kaworu

Kaworu
  • ANGERME

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:15 PM

You can find a lot on Soulseek as well :)_

#704 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:41 PM

She's only tangentially related to H!P so feel free to move this (I wasn't rly sure where to put it), but Cuca plans to leave STU48 and recently opened up about being forced to diet down from 92 lbs to 80 lbs via bulimia and anorexia while she was working under 48G :( it just made me sad because I feel like H!P is a lot less strict about making the girls look a certain way (although of course we have still had some girls go on worrying diets and rumors of disordered eating). It's a shame she never passed an H!P audition.

Relevant to this even though she technically belongs in the OG thread. Ogata talks about her weight issues while an idol:
https://m.youtube.co...ature=emb_title

Says she weighed 35kg (77lb) at her lowest. She goes into more detail. No exercise, no carbs, no eating after 5/6pm. Says she would get comments from fans about her weight that didn’t help either.