• Please log in to reply
Morning Musume。'19 LOVE Auditon 66 replies to this topic Started by Saya , Jan 02 2019 02:52 PM · 

#61 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:58 AM

Here's Mei singing "Wonderful World" in Engrish (DailyMotion, sorry) This is from a year ago, and she's not bad. Raw power and sings mostly in tune. Zero control, but she's pretty young, and control can be learned. She's already several levels ahead of where each of the 12th gens were when they joined. I'm cautiously optimistic. 

#62 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:18 AM

Mei was my favorite Hokkaido KSS. She has so much charisma and energy. Not to mention a rather stable singing voice, which says a lot for a KSS.

#63 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:33 AM

All I can do at this point is hope, lol.  I struggle being optimistic but I am glad we got two total newbies.  I've always felt KSS additions to groups were kind of the most boring thing ever haha just because it feels like most of those girls (with a few exceptions) have already been "indoctrinated" with the whole honor student H!P image that is so boring.  I want some girls with rough edges again.

#64 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:37 AM

I feel like there’s a limit to how rough your edges are if you’re auditioning for one of the most mainstream and well established idol groups there is. I think the most H!P gets is girls who are just a bit spoiled.

#65 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:17 AM

I feel like there’s a limit to how rough your edges are if you’re auditioning for one of the most mainstream and well established idol groups there is. I think the most H!P gets is girls who are just a bit spoiled.

Oh definitely haha I guess I mean rough edges more in terms of... not having all that idol coaching on how to play the part, you know?  Most KSS just have so much stage experience.  It's exciting to get some girls who are totally green.  I do miss the days when H!P signed girls from more diverse backgrounds, I think that's a huge part of what got them so many big personalities, but I've accepted that they basically only cast rich girls now, haha.

#66 Revangelis

Revangelis
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:20 AM

Okay, I'm glad they added some new faces, it feels much more interesting than just always adding KSS. I am also happy they did not add someone super young, like 11 or 12.

#67 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:25 AM

Homura is a cutie, I hope this freshens up MM.