• Please log in to reply
H!P 18 New Member Audition! First General H!P Audition since the Eggs! 39 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Jul 15 2017 12:24 PM · 

#31 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

<p>

They're quite an interesting bunch. Not sure which one I'd like the most, but so far there are two three things that stick out to me:

• How can you only recently get internet access when you're 14? I mean it's not impossible, not sure where she's from and how strict her parents are, but that's really... surprising. And while they're not super popular, I'd say H!P is at least somewhat known through Oricon. Nothing against her though, just surprised.
  • Ruru is 12 and auditioned for MM twice? I mean if she tried the Shinseiki auditions she would've fit the age requirements but that's determination, trying out at 10.
  • Yuriya is out by the next round. She's cute and I've got a soft spot for her because our names sound alike, but she's way too child-like.

There's some girl who is/was in AKB who's parents were so strict she hadn't heard of them until like shortly before she auditioned or something. Either that or her family is very poor.

#32 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:22 AM

• Yuriya is out by the next round. She's cute and I've got a soft spot for her because our names sound alike, but she's way too child-like. 

No way, they'll definitely try and make her the next Uta. It's not everyday H!P has mixed girls, especially mixed with European... Well, just my thoughts at least, lol

#33 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:45 AM

I'm sure they're all gonna make it, some just won't be put immediately into a group.

#34 Zoe

Zoe
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:02 AM

<p>

They're quite an interesting bunch. Not sure which one I'd like the most, but so far there are two three things that stick out to me:

• How can you only recently get internet access when you're 14? I mean it's not impossible, not sure where she's from and how strict her parents are, but that's really... surprising. And while they're not super popular, I'd say H!P is at least somewhat known through Oricon. Nothing against her though, just surprised.
  • Ruru is 12 and auditioned for MM twice? I mean if she tried the Shinseiki auditions she would've fit the age requirements but that's determination, trying out at 10.
There's some girl who is/was in AKB who's parents were so strict she hadn't heard of them until like shortly before she auditioned or something. Either that or her family is very poor.

Supposedly Masaki's parents kept her so sheltered, only showing the Disney channel at home, that she didn't realize Japanese people could appear on TV until news came out about her joining the group.

#35 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

Actually Japan is a little more backwards when it comes to the internet than you'd expect.  My host family still doesn't have internet and at the school I worked in there was only one computer with internet access in the staff room.  I think there might have been a computer lab but I was never in it so I forget lol

#36 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for telling me, guys. I'm a teeny weeny shocked, especially since basically everyone has cell phones nowadays. 

But I guess some parents go that far. Yikes.

#37 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

Episode 1

Bonus Footage

I think they're all cute, but no one really stands out to me much.

#38 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for the link to the bonus footage. And yeah, I feel the same. I do like Momoka, though.

Oh yeah and Kanemi Ruru reminds me of Meimi in the way she sings. Must be the musical stuff.

#39 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Ah man I liked Ruri and the twins so I’m bummed they didn’t make the cut.

I think Goto Sayaka and Hashimoto Momoko have the highest chances of getting in.
Kodama Mai gives me CG vibes because she looks like a cross between Otsuka Aina and Morito. Since CG isn’t on the table though, I don’t know...
Yuriya is interesting, but she didn’t smile once which makes her seem a bit off putting, but I know it’s just because she’s young and nervous.
Anna is my favorite so far. Worried she could be kind of fake, but I’ll have to see more of her to know.

I would hope that at least 2-3 of these girls make it into Reina’s new group (assuming they want 8 people).

#40 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

I didn't watch the footage yet but you mentioning Yuriya not smiling gives me Risako H!P Kids Audition vibes haha.  When I went back and rewatched them as an adult I was like......definitely wouldn't have passed Risako. So who the fuck knows.