• Please log in to reply
UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related! Welcome to the other side of Up Front! 1879 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Jul 02 2012 12:11 AM · 

#1861 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

https://youtu.be/8dMPiXvoamY?t=47m21s

The girl on the left (aka "Not-Saki") is CONSTANTLY making a stupid face.

#1862 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

Press viewing of Meimi's Minako play. She nailed Amazing Grace. (Saying wretch is suuuper hard for any Japanese singer) but she's a little shakey on Minako's early work.

From Oricon

#1863 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

Wow! Thanks for posting that.

What's the first song she sings in that clip?

And why does it say 8/18/17 in the lower right hand corner of the screen during that clip?

Thanks.

#1864 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

That's when the DVD will be released, I believe. It did say "DVD" beside the date.

#1865 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

She did really well with getting the feel of old J-pop voice, though. Her "de" drove me crazy (in a good way) with how accurate it was.

Wishing it was a larger and more elaborate stage... But I guess not everything can be a Wicked or Les Miserables. At least her play sold out... That's pretty nice in itself. She also said she wore the same clothes Hinako had worn.

#1866 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

Wow! Thanks for posting that.

What's the first song she sings in that clip?

And why does it say 8/18/17 in the lower right hand corner of the screen during that clip?

Thanks.

The first song is called 1986 Nen No Marilyn, it's one of Honda Minako's earliest songs. Also one of my favorites and fun fact, it was written by 48 man, Yasushi Akimoto.

and Woooooo THIS IS GETTING A DVD I'm STOKED!

#1867 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:26 AM

Bitter&Sweet's MV for Shashin no Nokoranai Shoot.

This is their major debut and fourth overall. They both have really nice voices, it's a shame they're an UFP group and getting the kind of attention that comes with that. Four singles in three and a half years is pathetic. This is their first single in two years.

#1868 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

Meimi's next role will be Kiki Watson in Grand Guignol. It's about vampires.

UAekGer.jpg

L222P4w.jpg

#1869 kitaoji

kitaoji
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:30 AM

Grand Guignol is the story of Lord Dali, one of the side characters in the Lilium prequel.  Just FYI. 

Also, links for Meimi's play DVD are out.  The limited edition costs an extra 2000 yen, and includes audio of the stage songs.  No tracklist yet.

Limited Edition -->  http://www.cdjapan.c...duct/PCBP-53192

Regular Edition --> http://www.cdjapan.c...duct/PCBP-53193

#1870 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, Kitaoji.

(That's all I need: another expensive CDJapan purchase, joining the C-ute Single Collection + Blu-ray and Momoko's multi-disc album.)

(Update: the Momoko 3-disc album isn't that expensive: $33.50 on CDJapan now.)

#1871 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

Question: I listened to C-ute's album, 3rd ~Love Escalation!, at the gym today, first time in years, and I was intrigued by track #10, a matsuri-type song. When I got home, I checked the tracklist and the song is called "Do Don ga Don Ondo," and is sung by "Tension Ageko," with C-ute providing back vocals. Who or what is Tension Ageko? Well, it's Erika Umeda and here's what it says in her page on Generasia:

Within C-ute, Umeda was not so prominently featured in songs, but in concerts she would play as Tension Ageko, a character in skits where she would

And that's it. The entry ends abruptly and there's no more about it.

The song is performed in two concerts, both of which I have, so I will dig them out and watch those performances to clear up the mystery of the "skits where she would--"...?

In the likely case that even then I won't figure it out, can anyone fill in what's missing from the Generasia entry?

Thanks.

#1872 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

I really don't watch C-ute concerts, but during their Cutie Cute Circuit events they would do little MC skits. All the girls had characters that they would play in them. Erika's was Tension Ageko.

Other ones I can remember are Yajima as a manager, MC Kappa, MC Chissa, and DJ Maimai. 

#1873 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

I didn't expect Meimi to grow up and not have that constantly awkward and confused facial expression she used to have anymore.

#1874 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

Nacky's using her Instagram now.

Looks like she will be playing around with it to practice her hobby of photography. She also has the most adorably pathetic looking cat.

#1875 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:11 AM

Japanese cats are 50% cuter than all other cats, and I don't know why that is.

#1876 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

It's part of a condition called Japanophilia.

#1877 strawberryjam

strawberryjam
  • 士多啤梨 bunny ? ♡ (・x・)

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...ess/28dogs.html

;/

#1878 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:47 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...ess/28dogs.html
;/

This is why you buy mutts.

I can't own a cat, so I'm a dog person through and through.

#1879 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

That sucks. My wife and I have two dogs -- one from the pound, and one from a foster family. There are so many dogs that need homes, and literally any dog you get is going to love you just as much as any other dog. It's just their nature. Dogs are the best.

#1880 showraniy

showraniy
  • ANGERME

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:41 PM

That sucks. My wife and I have two dogs -- one from the pound, and one from a foster family. There are so many dogs that need homes, and literally any dog you get is going to love you just as much as any other dog. It's just their nature. Dogs are the best.

Well said, and I agree!

All of my pets have been rescues, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've never had a cat except for a very brief stint with a rescued kitten when I was a teenager, but I still think dogs are the best things ever.