• Please log in to reply
Riho joins Babymetal sort of. probably. 70 replies to this topic Started by DonJuan , Jun 28 2019 03:56 PM · 

#1 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, pretty hard to have a band with only two members, too.

Also, it seems like Riho joined Babymetal - at least for one tour.

#2 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:02 PM

Also, it seems like Riho joined Babymetal - at least for one tour.

Is there anything official about that yet?

#3 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

Some news site have posted about it, but nothing from Babymetal's side yet.

#4 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

Wow okay interesting...

#5 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:47 PM

Riho-metal would be amazing. From all the news tidbits I've been reading via J-Plop it's all but confirmed that it's her or just someone that looks EXACTLY like her. But no one can get a clear photo of her. I'm all but convinced it's her.

CQBvDxy.jpg

otyUEuL.jpg

#6 Mizura

Mizura
  • ANGERME

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

I just came here to post about it as well. Riho joining Babymetal would be awesome and it would also explain why she left after her contract ended especially if she had this lined up

#7 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:36 PM

The only worthy replacement for Yui. I may even get hyped for Babymetal again if that's confirmed and permanent.
Really though, it's pretty fucking mind-blowing as is. Someone page Thea.

#8 Mukuro

Mukuro
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

I read somewhere that the creator or producer of Babymetal stated the group is a duo, and that the third member is a rotating backup dancer (one of 3 girls?) So I feel like we should wait for confirmation.

#9 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

I'm still pissed about the whole Yui thing

#10 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:08 PM

butwhy.gif

I really don't see what she would have to gain from this. She'd be boxing herself in dance-wise even more than sticking with UF would have been, and it's not like the backing two really sing.

#11 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:05 PM

It’s work, I guess? I think she boxed herself in the moment she joined MM. She can’t compete with professional dancers who spent all those years seriously training while they were young.

#12 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:00 AM

Riho is already what she's is ever going to be as a dancer. The moment she decided to forego formal training at 13 to be an idol, that was pretty much it.

Joining BM would be huge for Riho. It would be the biggest break of her life, tbh.

#13 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:03 AM

So Babymetal fans are discovering Riho's photobooks and are having a meltdown over how slutty and perverted Hellopro is. :lmfao:
At least some of them are, the other half is too busy to type right now. :rolleyes: Please forgive them, showing any skin is a big no-no under the Fox God's rule.

#14 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:38 AM

Riho is already what she's is ever going to be as a dancer. The moment she decided to forego formal training at 13 to be an idol, that was pretty much it.

Joining BM would be huge for Riho. It would be the biggest break of her life, tbh.

Would it? They feel like they’re slowing down and aging out of their niche. I’d be surprised if they’re still here in a few years and Suzuka seems like the one who will benefit from being in the group the most because she’s the vocalist. I don’t really see how being one of the dancers would really lead to more opportunities down the line.

#15 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:41 AM

Being in Babymetal IS the opportunity. It doesn't have to be a stepping stone to other opportunities, but even if we're judging it in that light, how does it hurt more than not doing it? What other opportunities are available to her that would be better in this regard?

#16 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:48 AM

I just thought she wanted something with more skill. Even Reina's dancers seem to do more.

#17 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:59 AM

Either way it's a good opportunity to get hooked up with BM's choreographer Mikiko and her troupe Elevenplay. Also a better long-term bet for reasons above.

#18 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:31 AM

Also it seems like a cool fun thing to do, I don’t think she cares about the exposure it will give her.

#19 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:26 AM

It will definitely help her get future gigs in backup dancing, even if Babymetal aren't around much longer.  It looks good on a resume and she'll probably make a lot more connections within that world than she ever could through a company like UFP, who basically just use eggs for everything dance related, lol.  Good for her.  I'm actually fine with her not singing considering it was never exactly her charm point.  I think she'll do great.

#20 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

So, apparently Riho was either a one time thing or she'll be rotated in and out. The second concert they had a Sakura Gakuin member and current leader of the group, Kano Fujihira. 

Babymetal will be in Glastonbury Sunday. I guess it's just a wait and see what happens? 

#21 Zange

Zange
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:09 PM

If anything it's definitely a rotation (I think someone might've mentioned that here?), so we'll probably see more of Riho later on.

#22 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 30 June 2019 - 01:13 AM

The only worthy replacement for Yui. I may even get hyped for Babymetal again if that's confirmed and permanent.
Really though, it's pretty fucking mind-blowing as is. Someone page Thea.

I literally came on today, posted pictures of this in the OG thread then actually looked around an hour later and found this one haha. I was curious as to your reaction!

Thea is always but a Riho away.

#23 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:34 AM

I read on Babymetal’s reddit that it’s three (I think?) different people rotating. So she should be back. :)

(Also I bought tickets to their show in Atlanta so my girl better be there. 🤞🏻)

#24 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:13 PM

Well, she is the girl for the show tonight in the UK.
Say what you will about Babymetal, but the girl is going places she would've never seen with MM.

#25 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 30 June 2019 - 05:42 PM

Glastonbury (more):

Attached File  IMG_20190630_104010.jpg   314.07KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_20190630_104024.jpg   355.56KB   0 downloads

Thea is always but a Riho away.

I'm glad there are things that never change!

#26 Zange

Zange
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:08 PM

...am I the only one just now realizing how short Riho is because of these photos?? XD

That aside I'm so glad there's now photos where we can clearly see her face.

#27 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

Thanks to the BBC we got ourselves a lovely clip. 

https://youtu.be/HaJUWRziDQc

I found the full show here. https://www.dailymot...m/video/x7c7p7w

#28 Banana

Banana
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:12 PM

My favorite singer, favorite guitar player, and favorite dancer all on one stage. Aaaaah.

I hadn’t checked any H!P or Babymetal websites in a while, so the first time I heard of this was when I clicked on the Shanti Glastonbury video and saw her. It was so shocking, ha ha.

Her hand movements are soooo silky... gah.

There’s no reason to expect it, but I want her to become a full, permanent member so much. But no matter what happens, this was awesome and I’m super happy.

#29 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:37 PM

If there's any way to find out if she'll be there for the Philly or NY venues in September I'll see y'all there.

#30 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:53 AM

There’s no reason to expect it, but I want her to become a full, permanent member so much.

Same though, I'm hoping if enough wota wish it, then so it will be. xD