• Please log in to reply
Hello!Project 2017 Prediction Thread Get your predictions in by the end of the year! 32 replies to this topic Started by TicTacAnyone , Dec 09 2016 05:24 AM · 

#31 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

Especially since ANGERME is still really just S/mileage just with a new style.

ANGERME is definitely not still S/mileage. New style, yes. But they're so radically different from S/m that I don't think you can say it's "just" a new style. ANGERME is much better, of course.
Obviously they're different, but the members are the same. It's like how MM'14-17 sounds completely different than MM of '98. Groups evolve. Even Berryz and C-use changed a lot as they got older. Plus their album songs are totally S/mileage-esque. I mean "Kakugo Shite" and "Tomo yo" remind me of S/mileage's 2nd album. High quality idol songs.

#32 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

Also, what is this about losing the rights to their name? Never heard that before.

Here is where the discussion on that started, with Anderei's post. Basically a few other companies have used Smileage, and so H!P didn't have it trademarked? And had to change. I don't think any of it was confirumed, but a lot of the musings about H!P management are musing that we're pretty sure are true despite it.

#33 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

It wasn't confirmed but the company using it is pretty big so it made sense.

Also S/mileage were amazing from late 2012 on and everyone knows it. That 2nd album is wonderful from start to finish.