• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 3 - EAST & WEST REGIONS C-ute Sweet 16! 4 replies to this topic Started by JPope , Mar 26 2017 08:15 AM · 

Poll: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 3 EAST & WEST REGIONS (21 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 4. I miss you / THE FUTURE

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

1. Kiss me Aishiteru VS 4. Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? / Summer Wind / Jinsei wa STEP!

2. Massara Blue Jeans VS 6. Aitai Lonely Christmas

Vote

#1 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

It's Round 3 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS, the Sweet 16! Starting with this round, the East & West Region match-ups will be combined to a single post.

The C-ute side of the tournament has run with little drama outside of both 3-seeds dropping. Otherwise, the Selection Committee's seeding has been vindicated to this point. This is the point in the tournament where shit starts to get real. The 1-4 match-up in the West is the one to watch.

Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the main tournament thread, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The C-ute page at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.

#2 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 4. I miss you / THE FUTURE
The great thing about this tournament for me is how some of these songs I originally ignored have grown on me from repeated listenings. "I miss you" is one of those songs. "Dance de Bakoon!" is not.

2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona
"Mugen..." is obviously King Shit here, but "Ai wa Maru..." is outstanding, as well. I've even gotten over the idea that it might have been better suited for a different group. It's a stellar J-idol track performed by a strong group at the peak of their abilities.

1. Kiss me Aishiteru VS 4. Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? / Summer Wind / Jinsei wa STEP!
"Naze Hito..." is the weak link, but "Summer Wind" is my favorite Tsunku song of the last... decade? I don't know, I'd have to research it, but it might be. "Kiss me Aishiteru", otoh, is just an okay song to me.

2. Massara Blue Jeans VS 6. Aitai Lonely Christmas
I like "Aitai Lonely Christmas", but we're into the Big Boy rounds now. 

#3 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:08 PM

1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 4. I miss you / THE FUTURE
I miss you/THE FUTURE has a very deep meaning to me since I was in Japan during the promotion for the single so I guess I could say the voting has been tainted by that small aspect. Nothing against Dance de Bakoon, it's a great single.

2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona
Yeah... ain't nothing going to beat the run of Mugen/Ai wa Maru and Singing. Sorry Crazy Kanzen and your sick lazer beam music video.

1. Kiss me Aishiteru VS 4. Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? / Summer Wind / Jinsei wa STEP!
While I enjoy both singles. Naze Hito really is a weak link and as much as I LOVE Summer Wind and Jinsei wa STEP is great but I just think Kiss me Aishiteru is one of those songs that's going to be covered for the rest of H!P's natural life. 

2. Massara Blue Jeans VS 6. Aitai Lonely Christmas
Massara Blue Jeans~ there is no contest here. 

#4 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

Dance de Bakoon, Crazy ( :cryalot:) Jinsei wa Step and Massara
Massara blue jeans is awesome, I was shocked to find out that's their very first indie

#5 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Voting closes at 1:30 AM PDT. Still about 5-7 votes fewer than the other rounds for the Sweet 16, which seems odd.