• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - EAST REGION C-ute 8 replies to this topic Started by JPope , Mar 19 2017 08:54 PM · 

Poll: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS - ROUND 1 EAST REGION (26 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 16. SHOCK!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 15. EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

3. Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku VS 14. LALALA Shiawase no Uta

4. I miss you / THE FUTURE VS 13. Meguru Koi no Kisetsu

5. Kanashiki Amefuri / Adam to Eve no Dilemma VS 12. Aitai Aitai Aitai na

6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona VS 11. Sakura Chirari

7. The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / Gamusha LIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare VS 10. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu

8. To Tomorrow / Final Squall / The Curtain Rises VS 9. Edo no Temari Uta II

Vote

#1 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Live from the Yokohama Arena in, hmm, Yokohama, it's Round 1 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS! The East Region features 16 singles from C-ute. Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the main tournament thread, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The C-ute page at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.

EDIT:

Voting ends Wednesday at 2 PM PDT.

#2 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

4. Is a typo, idk if you can fix it. You listed THE FUTURE twice Q_Q

IMO, it's hard to pit triple A sides against single sides.... A little unfair. You have 3 songs to outweight one. The single one would have to be really, really good to beat 3.

#3 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Jesus, I thought I double checked all of these before hitting "post". Thanks for catching that!

#4 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

I expect Mugen / Ai wa / Ano Koro to make it all the way to the top 4, if not the finals. That's gonna be a really hard single to beat for most people, I think. Summer Wind and friends might be its bigger competitor.

#5 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 哀愁ろまんてぃっく

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Yay, an easier one for me!

Round 1: And then this happens... but SHOCK! I love SHOCK!, and I think Ikiyou ze! is a slightly better version of FOREVER LOVE, so it's an all-arounder for me. Bakoon is also great, don't make any mistake.

Round 2: EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!!, no contest. Loved the song and MV, and Amai Wana is a good song. Mugen was decent, but I didn't care for the other two songs at ALL, and Mugen wasn't enough for me.

Round 3: Kimi wa Jitensha. I like it, but Ai wa Itsumo Itsumo is catchy, while LALALA was a good song but the B-side annoyed me to death, lol.

Round 4: I like I miss you a lot, but Meguru Koi no Kisetsu is just so fun as a whole, and I like Bishoujo Shinri a lot.

Round 5: Meh... I didn't really care for either of these in the end, but I was really pumped over Kanashiki/Adam, so I'll give it that. Kanashiki was a really nice MV, too.

Round 6: Crazy, hands down. I like Sakura as a single, but Crazy is just so COOL.

Round 7: Middle/Gamusha/Tsugi, h a n d s  d o w n. Shochuu is just cute, but Middle/Gamusha/Tsugi was gold.

Round 8: Er.... hmm. Well, I'll go for Tomorrow/Squall/Curtain. I like Edo, but it always felt a bit like the biggest sore thumb and against Tomorrow/Squall/Curtain, though I'm ambivalent on those three, I think it was a well-executed single and the MVs so far have been nice.

#6 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

I expect Mugen / Ai wa / Ano Koro to make it all the way to the top 4, if not the finals. That's gonna be a really hard single to beat for most people, I think. Summer Wind and friends might be its bigger competitor.

I agree. I wouldn't sleep on some of the earlier singles, though, as people revisit them and remember what they loved about them all over again. But Mugen is fucking wrecking ball of a single.

#7 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 16. SHOCK!: Honestly, none of these songs do much for me. I went with Dance de Bakoon! because it's the best of the four, but only barely.

2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 15. EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!!: Let's just get this out of the way right now: I'm gonna vote for Mugan Climax in every round. I said I'd wait a few months before calling it the single greatest H!P recording ever, and after five months, I can say it affirmatively. I still shake my head in awe every time I listen to Mugen Climax.

3. Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku VS 14. LALALA Shiawase no Uta: Kimi wa Jitensha is pretty good, but like many Tsunku songs, I wish he'd kept it darker. Still, my visceral hatred of LALALA makes this an easy choice.

4. I miss you / THE FUTURE VS 13. Meguru Koi no Kisetsu: Fuuuuuuck. I hate to vote against such a great J-idol song like Meguru Koi no Kisetsu, but I miss you is such a daring and well done track that I have to. 

5. Kanashiki Amefuri / Adam to Eve no Dilemma VS 12. Aitai Aitai Aitai na: In a miasma of mediocre music, Kanashiki Heaven shines and pushes Aitai Aitai Aitai na over the line.

6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona VS 11. Sakura Chirari: Of the lead tracks, I like Sakura Chirari, but JUMP is such a throwaway compared to The☆Treasure Box and Chikyuu Kara no Sanjuusou, so the vote goes to Crazy Kanzen na Otona.

7. The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / Gamusha LIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare VS 10. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu: Shochuu Omimai is a classic, and this is a really good version, and Zansho Omimai Moshiagemasu is a strong B-side.  Tsugi no Kado wo Magare is almost good enough to carry the other two across the line, but not quite.

8. To Tomorrow / Final Squall / The Curtain Rises VS 9. Edo no Temari Uta II: I like all of the songs on To Tomorrow more than either of the tracks on Edo no Temari. The Curtain Rises is killer, and I like the other two more with each listen.

#8 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 16. SHOCK!
Bakoon hot SHOCK! not. No honestly, I still listen to Dance de Bakoon like every 2nd week. It's that good.

2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 15. EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!!
It's going to be really hard to vote against Mugen Climax, especially if Ai wa Maru is the second A-side to this single. No honestly, Mugen Climax is probably °C-ute's best. 

3. Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku VS 14. LALALA Shiawase no Uta
Shiawase is fun, but Kimi wa Jitensha is more quality. They really tried with that one.

4. I miss you / THE FUTURE VS 13. Meguru Koi no Kisetsu
I thought THE FUTURE was forgettable but in the end it became quite catchy. However, I miss you is amazing. Not quite up there with Mugen Climax but pretty close.

5. Kanashiki Amefuri / Adam to Eve no Dilemma VS 12. Aitai Aitai Aitai na
I remember going wild over the MV for Kanashiki Amefuri. Getting rained on? Having multiple outfits for a single MV? Man, that was revolutionary for post Golden Era H!P. 

6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona VS 11. Sakura Chirari
I don't like Crazy Kanzen na Otona that much, but it's pretty cool. I've never liked Sakura Chirari though.

7. The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / Gamusha LIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare VS 10. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu
Gotta confess: I don't think Tsugi no Kado is that great a song. Yeah, sorry. However, the combination of these three songs is just pretty good. The Middle Management has a nice tempo to it, too.

8. To Tomorrow / Final Squall / The Curtain Rises VS 9. Edo no Temari Uta II
*slams fist on table* Edo no Temari Uta II! Nice to see that I'm not alone with this but Edo no Temari always seemed underrated to me.

#9 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

Total opposite of Berryz, where I picked the less popular song almost every time, I picked the most popular song every time LOL.