• Please log in to reply
UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related! Welcome to the other side of Up Front! 2558 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Jul 02 2012 12:11 AM · 

#2551 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:21 AM

Her second album flopped compared to her debut, though. (I should bother myself to listen to it at some point, lol)

You totally should... She has really changed how she sings (intonation and stuff) and it's really interesting. I really like it. I guess she got some tips from her recording producers (I think that's what she said for Break it Down, at least. But since she sounds different on a number of the songs I think it carried over.)

#2552 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • ANGERME

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:37 PM

Goto’s flop with Avex still upsets me. They’re my favorite label outside of HP stuff and they managed to destroy her career. Like... how??

#2553 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Her brother and his actions destroyed her career in H!P/UF. Then her mother’s death broke her career in Avex. Goto hasn’t had a happy life with her family.

#2554 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:12 PM

Even without those events, I don't think they really knew what to do with her. I thought it was pretty clear from the start that she didn't belong with Rhythm Zone.

#2555 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

Her entire first year of releases were also all digital, which might work now, but definitely didn’t work in 2009. I think it was a combination of things but I definitely think she would have faded away even if she stayed with Up Front.

#2556 honey

honey
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:51 PM

wow did i really write Moto? I shouldn’t wine and H!P at the same time lol

#2557 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

Even without those events, I don't think they really knew what to do with her. I thought it was pretty clear from the start that she didn't belong with Rhythm Zone.

Nobody knew what to do with her, not even Up Front. How many times did her image change from her first single to her last? 

And yeah, I don't know wtf Avex was thinking going all digital with Maki in 2009. What was the point of even signing her if you were never going to promote her properly? 

As I look back, I'm starting to think that Goto never had as much potential to be popular as a soloist as everyone assumed she did. 

#2558 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:58 PM

I still remember her claiming Te wo Nigitte was the real her :rolleyes:

#2559 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted Today, 23 Jan, 12:28AM

There’s been rumors circulating for a couple weeks that an ex-idol in her 30s is gonna be arrested for drugs soon. Kago has posted on Twitter that despite speculation, she will not be the one being arrested lol.

https://mobile.twitt...294382975242247

They say it’s someone from a big group. The other name I’ve seen being thrown around is ex-AKB Oshima Yuko. If it ends up being true, whoever it is is done for I’m the entertainment industry.