• Please log in to reply
Wanted: Singers for fanmixes Acoustic covers 11 replies to this topic Started by The☆AEUGNewtype , Apr 23 2009 12:47 PM · 

#1 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

I've just recently finished recording a few more acoustic covers of H!P songs and most of the time, using H!P's vocal tracks from the recording sucks, so I'm looking to try out a few people to see if someone can make it sound a little bit better. What I've got done right now are Ai Araba ITS ALL RIGHT and Matsuura's Hyacinth. If anyone is up to seeing if they can make these have better vocal tracks, please get a hold of me and we'll see what we can work out. Even if multiple people want to work on Ai Araba, since there's like 14 people in the studio recording, that would probably work. Get a hold of me by this thread, PM, AIM, or GTalk, preferrably and we'll try to work this out. Yes, that means you too, Peach :ph34r: I like what you did with my Furosato mix back in the day.

Thanks

#2 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

I loooooooooooooove your acoustic remixes! I'm glad your working on more.

#3 Windy

Windy
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

I love your mixes and would like to try, but they'd probably end up sounding like Ai Araba ~Tsuji Version~ :/ But if you don't mind...

#4 Soli

Soli
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

Count me in! If you want me. :ph34r: I bet it'll sound amazing.

#5 Gypchan

Gypchan
  • DON'T STOP ~RenaiJEW~

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

You could always give a heads-up over at Yo!Project about your need for vocalists.
I am sure you will be bombarded with volunteers and then you could easily just pick and choose who has the sound you are looking for (especially if you want a myriad of different voice types for Ai Araba).
Peachy, Windy, Soli and myself all hang over there. :ph34r:

#6 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:41 AM

Since there's actually a lot more response for this than I thought, I'd like to do a (sort of) audition for this. The thing is, I'll probably end up using everyone's part to some extent, but I'll need to see which vocal styles work out for which lines, and work with it from there. My priority is finishing Ai Araba first, so for anyone who's interested, if you can, please just do a track for that song entirely in your normal voice, and do it at the same tempo as the real song. Try not to be too loud or powerful with your singing as it may clash with the purity and calmness of the arrangement, but don't be way too soft. Of course the chorus is a little louder, but I may just overlap a couple people singing for the choruses. This is still an upbeat, same-tempo version of the song, its just done all with acoustic guitars, and it makes for a much more beautiful sound.

Find a way to get these to me A.S.A.P. and I'll start some mixing. Use a sendspace, upload to your webspace, whatever you have to do and PM me with a link to where I can get it. Please try to keep these fairly uncompressed because my guitar tracks are very much so and it'll work better for the whole flow of things if you can keep the quality of the audio up. I'll try to let you guys know individually how things work out with your tracks, but you can expect a few different versions of the song out fairly soon after I get the submissions for it. I'll work more on finishing Hyacinth once Ai Araba is complete; I don't want to be concentrating on two things at once.

#7 Windy

Windy
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

So would you like us to sing the entire song, or just a short clip of some kind to give you an idea of our voices?

#8 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

It'll make things go more quickly if you just do the whole song, but if you're more comfortable giving me an idea of how you sound singing the song first, just do that first. If you do a clip, make sure to get a verse, bridge and chorus in, please.

#9 Liana

Liana
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:56 AM

Do you have a "due date" at all? I'm still very, very interested in this but due to finals, I'm more or less out for the count until around the third week of May.

#10 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

Not particularly, but the sooner the better, for obvious reasons of completion. I have a completely finalized mix of the instrumental done and have already messed with a few other options for vocals, but I'll do a multiple version release if enough of you guys can get together for this. I've got one submission now and I'd say I need around 4 to make a cohesive group-sounding version with volunteers. It doesn't really matter if the mix you submit is a little disjointed or whatever, I'm plenty adept at editing audio to make it work, just get me something to work with.

I'll be starting some more work on the solo song tomorrow, so there is more to come in the next few weeks.

#11 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

I am really interested in this! Ai Araba is a bit high for me to belt, but with an acoustic arrangement, I imagine it's okay if I sing it softer on some notes?
I'll try to get something done today, if my throat is feeling okay (recently was very sick).

#12 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:59 AM

I am really interested in this! Ai Araba is a bit high for me to belt, but with an acoustic arrangement, I imagine it's okay if I sing it softer on some notes?
I'll try to get something done today, if my throat is feeling okay (recently was very sick).

Yeah, its ok to sing it a bit softer, and whatever you can get done is fine, it doesn't need to be perfect.