• Please log in to reply
[2016.11.23] Morning Musume '16 - Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai 62nd single 381 replies to this topic Started by Revangelis , Sep 24 2016 08:22 AM · 

#361 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:15 AM

I don't think they're gonna push Maria as the new ace so much as feature her based on her popularity among the n00bs. It's the same thing they did with Rika and Koharu, albeit on a much smaller level. She'll probably get more lines than she deserves based on her voice, but no so much or so often as to be considered an "ace' by anyone's definition.

#362 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものはテストじゃない

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

If she gets more lines than she deserves, it won't be based on her voice alone in the least, it's purely an extension of her popularity, exactly like with Koharu and Rika. I rag on Miki, but I think we can all agree Miki sings 9000 times better than Maria at this point in time. If anyone was going to be pushed for vocals, it would be, and already is, Miki.

Fully agree on the rest, though, that's spot on.

#363 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

If she gets more lines than she deserves, it won't be based on her voice alone in the least, it's purely an extension of her popularity, exactly like with Koharu and Rika. I rag on Miki, but I think we can all agree Miki sings 9000 times better than Maria at this point in time. If anyone was going to be pushed for vocals, it would be, and already is, Miki.

You misunderstood my post: I think that, based on how poorly she sings, the amount of lines she gets will be more than she deserves, and that her level of exposure will have everything to do with her popularity.

#364 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものはテストじゃない

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

You misunderstood my post: I think that, based on how poorly she sings, the amount of lines she gets will be more than she deserves, and that her level of exposure will have everything to do with her popularity.

Oh, I see! I'm sorry.

In that case, I wholly agree. The irony is that even her very own wota are egging her on to improve her singing.

Possibly my favorite thing is just the level of shade in regard to Ogata; "Do your best!"

#365 Meikochi

Meikochi
  • ANGERME

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:45 PM

Another gold certification for Momusu. :joyful:

#366 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

MM'17 Performance (Minus Masaki) of Sexy Cat on CDTV's New Years Special.

Kaga just slipped right in there, didn't she? Reina didn't do too bad either.

#367 Mukuro

Mukuro
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

Reina and Kaga blended in really well!

#368 Mizura

Mizura
  • ANGERME

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:24 AM

Ogata Haruna has improved a bit as well. Her dancing looks a lot less sloppy than it used to be and she didn't stick out like a sore thumb. Kaga Kaede blended in well and with that hairstyle I kept mistaking her for Haruka.

#369 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:31 AM

Kaga looks like she's been performing with the group for years. I already like her more than any member of the 12th gen, ha ha.

#370 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:19 AM

I watched this as the first thing I've watched of MM in a year (Besides bits and pieces of the Sexy Cat MV (Duu!)) just for Kaga and she was no disappointment!

#371 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:26 AM

I wish they'd performed something else. This was really boring. Good thing they used a bit of playback.

#372 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

I don't know if it's the lipstick but Sakura just looks so different

#373 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

I don't know if it's the lipstick but Sakura just looks so different

She looked tired to me.

#374 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

I wish they'd performed something else. This was really boring. Good thing they used a bit of playback.

That's cause Maa-chan wasn't there ;)

(At least for me, lololol)

#375 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものはテストじゃない

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

I loved this performance, 13ki fits in like pros. Kaede has such a fierce air around her and Reina is SO ADORABLE I want her as a plushie. They're such a yin and yang duo, but it just works.

Well, as expected of mustard and ketchup. Two different things working together for the greater good.

#376 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:35 AM

Well, as expected of mustard and ketchup. Two different things working together for the greater good.

Then where's the mayo? Can't have mustard and ketchup on a burger without the mayo!

#377 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものはテストじゃない

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

Then where's the mayo? Can't have mustard and ketchup on a burger without the mayo!

Put on your tinfoil hat! Their profile pictures are in.... WHITE DRESSES!!!! MAYO CONFIRMED.

#378 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:03 AM

Would have been better if you said "Next gen will be a single gen and her color will be white, then they can have the hamburger song we've all been waiting for!"

Nanchatte doesn't count.

#379 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 聞くものはテストじゃない

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:05 AM

Akai Freesia already came long before that, too.  :tongue:

#380 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

Mayo on a hamburger is just so, so, wrong. But if we're going with the burger theme. We need a pickle. And you know what color pickles are! :D

#381 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:54 AM

Mukidashi de Mukiatte is my new love. I actually like both of the other songs as well. Plus Sexy Cat gave me a wet dream of a signature picture.

#382 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:55 AM

Fort those who wanted to see the close up versions of Mukidashi and Sexy Cat

I know Sexy Cat's girls are supposed to be apathetic (sans the kitties), but why be boring when you can be Maa-chan? Juussss ssayyyiinnnn