• This topic is locked This topic is locked
H!P Awards 2008 -- Explanation thread 13 replies to this topic Started by /// , Jan 24 2009 05:09 PM · 

#1 ///

///
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Boys and girls, it's that time of year again!

Posted Image

(You didn't think I would let this tradition die did ya?)

Rumours of both H!P and MM-BBS's death have been greatly exaggerated, and as such the end of the year has come and gone and we are left with a (mostly) clean new board and a lot of evaporated memories. Thanks a lot, A2. So let's revive these dead thoughts and let them haunt the forum like Scrooge on a Christmas eve: it's Award time motherfuckers!

I'm sure most of you remember how we do things from the last... What is it, four times already? Huh, really? Amazing. Anyway, just in case you don't or you're new around here, let me explain the basics.

Step 1: Nominate

I'll make a bunch of threads for various categories, such as "best album" and "best PV" and so on. Nominate whatever you feel like in every category, as long as it basically makes sense. The basic idea is that the release/activity took place in 2008, but I'm not going to be too picky about it. Just don't try to nominate Tanpopo or something, cause I'll know and I'll come over and kill you. For added entertainment value AS WELL AS to make this thing more fun, I'd strongly suggest writing a bit about your nomination since it's kinda pointless to just read a list of names. Seconding nominations is valuable since there's a limit of 6 "finalists" per category, so don't worry about whether something has already been mentioned before and just write how you feel about it. Nominating multiple things is also allowed and encouraged, though if you nominate 500 things your forehead might meet the business end of a chainsaw before the end of the year.

Step 2: Vote

Also known as the boating round, this is the easy bit for you guys (and a pain in the ass for me, so be grateful you bastards): a bunch of polls will go up and you simply vote on your favorite item. Or complain that your favorite isn't in the list even though you were too late in nominating and therefore it was your own fault to begin with. :thumbsup:

Step 3: Wait for the results

Traditionally it takes me about a month to get the results ready because I'm lazy and stupid. So this is an important step!

Step 4: Result...s

After everything has been added up and put together, I'll do a little award ceremony-esque thing. After that you can discuss the result and lament the abominable taste of the masses.

That's all there is to it! I'll start making nomination threads later today (still have to think up some categories :lesson: ), but yeah. This thread can be used for any questions or complaints as well as general discussion. If I missed an important category or something, talk about it here!

The categories and their threads:

H!P All Stars" award for best overall act 2008, Nomination thread
"The Peace!" award for best single 2008, Nomination thread
"How to use SEXY" award for best album 2008, Nomination thread
"More than one camera?!" award for best PV 2008, Nomination thread
"Sticky pages" award for best photobook 2008, Nomination thread
"Ribbon no Kishi" award for best performance/event 2008, Nomination thread
"Adding 'P' To His Name" award for best Tsunku decision 2008, Nomination thread
"Sharan-Q" award for best non-H!P Tsunku project 2008, Nomination thread
"Panda" Award for biggest surprise 2008, Nomination thread
"A2 Hosting" award for biggest disappointment, Nomination thread

#2 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

I predict HANGRY&ANGRY will clean the floor. :X

Oh, and the logo is very smexy.

#3 princemononoke

princemononoke
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

No way, 2008 was the year of Buono.

#4 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

But, but Tanpopo and Pucchimoni released a joint album in 2008! D: As did T&C Bomber, Yuko, Aya, Natsumi, and Melon Kinenbi. Oh yeah and all those "special" units. xD So technically they can count for 2008, RIGHT!?

And this was totally the year of OMG H!P took a laxative and pooped out half of it's performers. D:

#5 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

:sideways:

No way, 2008 was the year of Buono.

I'll have to wait to see the categories to think of stuff, but off the top of my head I'm nominating Buono in a ton of stuff.

Also, I forgot that Hangry & Angry existed. :hahaha:

#6 ///

///
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

Yikes, the weekend sure passed by quickly. I'll do this tonight after I'm done with work!

#7 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

I vote Buono! for Best Everything of 2008

#8 Pi Kago

Pi Kago
  • MISS TAIWAN 2008

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

I vote Buono! for Best Everything of 2008

I challange your Buono and would like to present C-ute for consideration.

#9 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

Until when are the nomination threads open? I want to go through them and nominate stuff but don't have time to post in them for a few days. I could go through them quickly and just list things, but, you know, lame.

#10 RRR

RRR
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Uhm nominations threads?
And by the way, this was the Fourth Year of the Koharu Era! :D

Edited by PWRDATALINK, 29 January 2009 - 11:32 AM.

#11 ///

///
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

I'll keep them open until at least next week, I want to nominate some stuff myself and I won't have time until next week to make the polls anyway.

The nomination threads are in this subforum, but to keep things somewhat organized, here are the links:

H!P All Stars" award for best overall act 2008, Nomination thread
"The Peace!" award for best single 2008, Nomination thread
"How to use SEXY" award for best album 2008, Nomination thread
"More than one camera?!" award for best PV 2008, Nomination thread
"Sticky pages" award for best photobook 2008, Nomination thread
"Ribbon no Kishi" award for best performance/event 2008, Nomination thread
"Adding 'P' To His Name" award for best Tsunku decision 2008, Nomination thread
"Sharan-Q" award for best non-H!P Tsunku project 2008, Nomination thread
"Panda" Award for biggest surprise 2008, Nomination thread
"A2 Hosting" award for biggest disappointment, Nomination thread

#12 Peking Duck

Peking Duck
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

Not to rub it in or cause stress, but has this been abandoned? It's already October and no results posted or award ceremony thread.

#13 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:57 AM

We're lazy and busy but mostly lazy, SHUSH!

#14 Dani

Dani
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:58 AM

Hope it's not to late for me to vote on stuff...'cause I already did XD