• Please log in to reply
[02.21.2018] Tsubaki Factory - Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~ 68 replies to this topic Started by Anderei , Nov 15 2017 02:19 AM · 

#61 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:20 AM

Thanks. Somebody needs to tell CDJapan this. Doesn't UpFront monitor its products on the site? (I think I know the answer to that.)

Oh, and "Haru Koi Uta" rolls off the tongue more easily (well, mine at least) and sounds prettier than "Shunrenka."

Haru Koi Uta is grammatically odd.

#62 Meikochi

Meikochi
  • ANGERME

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:29 AM

Oh, and "Haru Koi Uta" rolls off the tongue more easily (well, mine at least) and sounds prettier than "Shunrenka."

It's way harder for me to have an "H" and a "T" to say instead of a (Japanese) "R" which flows like an "L" (so easy to say), plus having a "U" to pronounce after a "K-" sound, instead of having a "KA" at the end ; a "NO" in between would have make it easier (and grammatically better). [I "tested" everything in Japanese, not with a French way of saying it].
But it is interesting to note what's different for you.

#63 kitaoji

kitaoji
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:43 AM

I think shunrenka is the kun-yomi pronounciation.  It's a very close match to how it's pronounced in mandarin chinese, which is "Chun (choo-wen) Lien (with a short "e") ka".

Another fan of the "haru koi uta" pronounciation here.  I don't see the any grammatical issues with calling it "[a]' Spring Love Song"; this actually reminded me of a similarly titled song from the Card Captor Sakura movie, "Shunshou Jouka", also titled "haru yoi koi uta". And yes, that  translates to "spring evening love songs".

I just don't have a strong feel for pronunciations that close with a consonant as opposed to a short vowel, especially for ~evocative~ titles like this.  It's just a matter of phonological aesthetics (i.e., the prettiness of spoken languages).

#64 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:24 PM

Shunrenka here.

#65 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

Haru Koi Uta feels too vowel-y too me. Shunrenka has an odd nasally tone when I try and say the "ren" so idk if I particularly like it better.... But it feels like less of a tongue-twister. Also feels a little less cliche too. Haru Koi Uta sounds like what the kindergartner would say, ya know?

So in the end, Shunrenka it is!!

Also did anyone get a slightly Ai wa Maru de Seidenki vibe from this?? It also had yarn in it, like what Airi used in that video ;)

#66 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

Haru Koi Uta sounds like what the kindergartner would say, ya know?

Yeah, I agree. It's just nouns to nouns. If anything I'd call it Haru Koi no Uta, to give it a less bumpy sound.

#67 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:34 AM

Haru Koi Uta sounds like what the kindergartner would say, ya know?

Yeah, I agree. It's just nouns to nouns. If anything I'd call it Haru Koi no Uta, to give it a less bumpy sound.
No, it would be Haru no Koi Uta.

#68 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

Oops. So I guess "Spring Love Song" is actually more like "love song for/of spring" than "song for/of spring love". 

#69 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

Oops. So I guess "Spring Love Song" is actually more like "love song for/of spring" than "song for/of spring love".

Yeah :)