• Please log in to reply
The K-Pop Spam Thread for all the stuff that's not really news but is anyway 1011 replies to this topic Started by Haru , Aug 29 2010 07:19 PM · 

#991 showraniy

showraniy
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:22 AM

THE IDOLM@STER.KR is being aired on Amazon Prime. It's a Korean drama based on the Japanese video game series of the same name. The cast includes Sori (CocoSori), Suji and Jane (former THE ARK), and Mint (former TINY-G). Another group on the show consists of Sojin (Nine Muses), Kaeun (After School), Han Hyeri (Produce 101/I.B.I), and Ari (TAHITI).

Thanks for the heads up! I'm watching this right now.

#992 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

Notable K-Pop in April 2017

Music (playlist)

TV (2017-W14/W17)

Crime Scene is back! It's a murder mystery game show, as if playing a live-action version of Cluedo/Clue, where the cast has to guess who the criminal is.

Spoiler

#993 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Notable K-Pop in May 2017

Music (playlist)

Both Kriesha Chu (as Kriesha Tui) and SOHEE (as Kim So Hee) were in the trio KWINs on K-Pop Star 6, placing second overall.

TV (2017-W18/W21)

Spoiler

#994 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

Stellar has a new member:

https://www.youtube....h?v=XP3RLXUAr7c

And a new MV:
https://www.youtube....h?v=9ivBktSZ8yQ

#995 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

It's certainly an interesting song, but the chorus is overly dissonant. The chanting just doesn't seem to fit with the flow of the song.

Stellar also have some sort of elaborate puzzle/ARG going on at http://www.stellarintotheworld.com/. Current theories and solutions are being tracked on this blog.

#996 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

I don't know why Stellar's management bothered to add a new member. They're never going to be big and have been financing most of their recent releases through the fans by using MakeStar. Do they think one more person they can't afford to pay is gonna change anything? I wonder if contract expirations are coming up and they're worried someone's gonna leave.

#997 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

Notable K-Pop in June 2017

Music (playlist)

TV (2017-W22/W26)

Spoiler

Updated 2017-07-03T18:35:42Z: T-ara's questionable future.

#998 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

T-ara - What's My Name? (good-bye release)

I wasn't aware that T-ara is going to completely disband.
I thought it was just Soyeon and Rambo leaving.

Damn.

#999 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

T-ara - What's My Name? (good-bye release)

I wasn't aware that T-ara is going to completely disband.
I thought it was just Soyeon and Rambo leaving.

Damn.

Those 4 renewed only for some months to disband around December iirc

#1000 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

I understood that this was their last release as a group, and the members who renewed their contracts will focus on solo activities. Rereading articles, it might have actually meant final release as six members, which ended up not happening.

#1001 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

A new show called Idol School started a few weeks ago. It's a reality-competition program where 41 girls receive singing, dancing, acting, etc. lessons in a 11 week semester. One application requirement is that the student cannot be a current trainee or part of an entertainment company. There are, however, some notable participants: Lee Haein (Produce 101 (2016), IBI, God of Music 2 (2016)), Natty (SIXTEEN (2015)), Kim Eunsuh (SIXTEEN), Park Jiwon (SIXTEEN), Tasha (Skarf), and Kim Myungji (Tiny-G). See the full list of students on the official site.

The top 9 students at the end of the semester will debut as a new girl group. The ranks are determined by public voting, weighted 10% weekly online votes and 90% live SMS votes. (Note that voting via SMS does incur a 100 KRW fee, which is donated to CJ Donors Camp, an organization that helps underprivileged children.)

Idol School Subs will be English subbing the show, and they recently released the first episode. Even though the show focuses more on the development of the students, I would recommend watching if you do enjoy music competition shows, particularly if you liked Produce 101.

The music video for the show's theme "Pretty" (live) was released to promote the show.

#1002 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:31 PM

True story: I have spent the past month and a half listening to Nine Muses' "Remember" and not realizing the backup dancers are... backup dancers not members. I thought they were still 8 xD

#1003 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:04 AM

Notable K-Pop in July 2017

Music (playlist)

TV (2017-W27/W30)

Dal Shabet in Portugal > TWICE in Switzerland.

Hyori's Bed and Breakfast sounds like it'd be so mundane, but the show really hooks you. IU is truly an awkward person.

Spoiler

#1004 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

Stellar's Gayoung and Jeonyul announced they'll be leaving once their contracts expire, which happens on the 31st. They were actually original members from when the group first debuted (the other two left after about a year).

#1005 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

Nooooooo!

I really like Stellar.
But I guess since they never had their big breakthrough, it's understandable.

#1006 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Without Makestar, I think the entire group might have fallen apart years ago. Their fanbase has basically been funding the last few comebacks themselves. They're not making enough money to continue on much longer.

#1007 Derby

Derby
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

I've read the members themselves asked the fans to stop buying and stop donating to makestar so if they do it the group's 100% over.

Sucks for the other 2 members who have to stay and wait until the rest of their contracts are over. And for that new member that idek why she thought joining stellar was any good

#1008 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:36 AM

I heard that too but I also read that apparently it came from someone who admitted they made it up. There's no real source. 

#1009 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

And for that new member that idek why she thought joining stellar was any good

Just read there's ANOTHER new member joining:
https://www.soompi.c...-newest-member/

Guess they'll continue with this new 4 members group.

#1010 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

I don't believe many people here follow Infinite very closely, but Hoya has decided to not renew his contract. The rest of them plan to continue on as 6.

I was reading on reddit that a producer revealed they had to hide his contributions to song tracks to get them included on the album, so I'm guessing him and management were at odds with him having creative control. 

#1011 Zaeleus

Zaeleus
  • ANGERME

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

Notable K-Pop in August 2017

Music (playlist)TV (2017-W31/W35)

Spoiler

#1012 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:01 AM

I really wanted to like Love Whisper buuuuuttttttt.... Idk. When I listened to it right after it came out I quite disliked it and now I simply am just indifferent to it. It sounds *too* similar to their original hits. The way the words flow is interesting but the song as a whole doesn't do much for me. Of course, as always, the dance is really nice though.