• Please log in to reply
Movies Watch anything recently? 1092 replies to this topic Started by Tallgeese , Feb 08 2009 09:05 AM · 

#1081 Mizura

Mizura
  • ANGERME

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

I liked it a lot when I first watched it but when I rewatches it, it definitely wasn't as good. I don't remember much of the first movie so this one has felt more memorable to me.

#1082 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:10 AM

JJ Abrams to direct a live-action Your Name remake

5md6l.gif

I hope the big California earthquake comes soon and wipes both Hollywood and Silicon Valley out in one fell swoop. :geof:

#1083 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

He has a good eye for visuals and since he's not writing the script, there's a chance it won't be garbage.
Still probably unnecessary, though.

In other movie news, Blade Runner 2049's FIRST TWITTER REACTIONS!!!! (GONE SEXUAL) are quite positive. Unfortunately that's not saying much in the overhyping of everything times we live in.

#1084 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

I don't understand how you can remain so optimistic. :dancer:

#1085 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

I've got nothing against J.J. himself, but whyyyy does Hollywood think that any good animated movie needs a live-action remake? I'm sick of Disney doing it with all their classics; just leave it alone. It just cheapens the concept of the movie for me and makes it seem like they're saying animation isn't good enough. I hate it.

#1086 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

I don't understand how you can remain so optimistic. :dancer:

"Unnecessary" and "probably overhyped" is optimistic for you! lol

#1087 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

I can't wait to see how he works Greg Grunberg into this one!

#1088 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

I watched Manchester by the sea a few days ago.

Rarely have a seen such a drab, depressing, sad and perfectly cast movie. If you're in the mood for something sombre, this is the perfect story to watch.

#1089 Al Kusanagi

Al Kusanagi
  • Iä! Iä! Sayumi Fhtagn!

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

New Mutants has been my favorite comic since I was like 10 years old, and it's becoming a movie with two of my favorite actresses starring in it. It looks highly inspired by the Demon Bear Saga and Legion era of the comics, but I don't know how to feel about the asylum-type setting. Please don't suck!!!

#1090 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Some joker in The New York Times decided to "rank" the Studio Ghibli movies--all of them. And he dismisses several of my favorites. He calls ONLY YESTERDAY "kind of ordinary" and says WHISPER OF THE HEART looks like a lot of non-Ghibli anime (what?!!!), and calls OCEAN WAVES a "pedestrian romance." Methinks they got the wrong person to do this.

https://www.nytimes....n&WT.nav=region

#1091 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • It's a wonderApl life

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

Putting Mononoke at #2, he truly is absolutely insane. :party:

#1092 Mizura

Mizura
  • ANGERME

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

I definitely don’t agree with some of the choices but I’ve also not seen a lot of the lesser known films that were released in the 80s or 90s.

This is the unpopular opinion but I don’t like spirited away at all so it being number one is definitely not something I agree with. I don’t remember much of Whispers of the heart other than the fact that I didn’t like it. Although I was also about 10 years younger so I probably didn’t understand it well. I also didn’t like Porco roso but I was also having eye problems so I couldn’t read the subtitles so I probably didn’t know what was happening for 90% of it. The one thing I do agree on is tales of earthsea being at the bottom. That movie was the worst.

#1093 Madara

Madara
  • ANGERME

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

Mizura, I urge you to give WHISPER OF THE HEART another chance. I suspect you'll find it much more rewarding now. And of you haven't seen ONLY YESTERDAY and OCEAN WAVES, I recommend those also, as you might have guessed, LOL.