• Please log in to reply
Sera Myu Cover Group Auditions you know you want to 45 replies to this topic Started by TnB , Jan 31 2014 08:50 PM · 

#1 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

I mean really you had to expect this was going to happen eventually.

Yuzu and I are casting for a Sera Myu cover group! This will be a long-term project with loose deadlines and lots of possibilities for songs to sing. We also welcome people to do technical stuff, so please read about all the ways you can join in!

What that means is:

- Deadlines will be within month long ranges. So for example, "Have all your lines in sometime in the month of February." We don't want to rush the project, we want to allow time for technically difficulties/illness/etc. But...

- We also don't want to be a group that never releases anything so please don't sign up if you know you're going to be chronically busy. 

- If you have to drop out at some point in the future, that's okay! We can always recast. 

- We will cover all Myu songs that have a karaoke version. We hope to be able to create karaoke versions of additional songs. More info soon. We may also include a few anime songs if the opportunity arises. 

Roles Available:

We will cast one person as each senshi + Tuxedo Mask. If we can make karaoke versions of villain songs, we'd like to cast some villains too. You can be cast in multiple roles (most likely one good guy, one bad guy). Ideally, however, we'd have as few people in multiple roles as possible. All senshi + Tuxedo Mask will have a solo song (duet in the case of Uranus/Neptune, trio in the case of the Starlights). Most likely you'll also be in a few group numbers per release.

Non-Singing Help:

arco has volunteered to mix again, but we would love to have other mixers as well! If you want to help us mix, please send me (penguin[dot]dreaming[at]gmail) a sample of a song you've mixed in the past. We'd also love to have someone design covers, so if you're interested in that send me an email with a sample of any graphic you've done. 

How to audition:

Send me an email (penguin[dot]dreaming[at]gmail) with ALL of the following:

1. A voice sample, preferably of you singing a song from the musicals (it's a very different style from typical Jpop). If you can do different styles of voices, please feel free to send multiple samples (For example: high voice vs low voice, childish voice vs. mature voice). If you'd like to be cast in multiple roles I recommend you show off how different you can sound! Also feel free to include some spoken dialogue samples. Some songs include very brief dialogue, which we may or may not include based on what people are comfortable with.

2. Your availability - would you prefer a small part over a large part? Do you have time for more than one role or would you prefer just one? 

3. Your preferences - Are there any characters you absolutely don't want to play? 

Feel free to email me or post in the thread if you have questions :) Feel free to repost this at other forums! Just make sure if you post it elsewhere people know to email me for questions rather than posting in those threads. 

#2 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

OMG I'M SO IIIIIINNNN!

I need to find some time for this!

#3 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 夏の楽園でさ迷っている

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

I figured you'd go crazy over this, Aqua XD

#4 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

I want to join, but I can't record anything right now because I have another sinus infection.

#5 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

I forgot to include an audition deadline - because there isn't one! For now we'll keep taking auditions until we have the right cast. If it starts dragging on for ever we'll add a deadline to get things moving, but for now if anyone who wants to join in is sick or whatever, just do what Star did and let us know you're interested and will have an audition in later :)

#6 aisasami

aisasami
  • ANGERME

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I am so in! I miss doing Sera Myu covers!

#7 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

I figured you'd go crazy over this, Aqua XD

Now I need to decide witch caracter to cover :P

#8 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

I'll be preparing my audition pieces after work today!

#9 Farrah

Farrah
  • ANGERME

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:30 AM

Sent in an audition! Hope I included everything needed.

#10 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

I sent in my audition today.

#11 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Yaaaay activity! :D

#12 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Lol please ignore those little voice cracks on Solar Miracle Makeup, I wasn't really even trying to sing that one, but I just included for giggles.

#13 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Just to tell you, I haven't forgotten you, I recorded like 5 songs and just need to mix them roughly, but it has been hell of a week. Expect to hear from me soon :3

#14 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

No rush! We're still working on putting the project together so auditions will be open for a while. There's no need to mix though - you can if you want, but it's not required :)

#15 michisings

michisings
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

OH NO! AM I TOO LATE FOR THIS?!

#16 michisings

michisings
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

OH NO! AM I TOO LATE FOR THIS?!

#17 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Nooooo I know yuzu said they're still sorting it out so I would say throw your audition into the hat!!!

#18 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

Yeah, go for it michi :)

#19 michisings

michisings
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Not for a while I think.  I am still recovering from my sickness. 

#20 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Take your time!

#21 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

::is still sitting over in the corner foaming at the mouth from excitement/anticipation::

#22 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

::is still sitting over in the corner foaming at the mouth from excitement/anticipation::

Join the club!

#23 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Sorry it seems to be taking a while guys, we haven't forgotten about it though!  There's some organizing going on in the background and we are hoping for a few more auditionees!

#24 Star

Star
  • The New Dirty Hippie

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

So what's the word on this so far?

#25 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

We're ready to move forward whenever arco is ready to mix.  We know he has a lot of projects though so we don't want to bug him!  So arco, whenever you are ready let us know and we'll get started on casting and putting together the song lists for each season.

#26 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 夏の楽園でさ迷っている

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

I'm ready whenever you are! My mixing schedule wavers in and out between busy / not busy, but DJP isn't very taxing at all, and neither are the other two groups I'm in (which aren't really even doing anything, mixing-wise, at the moment), so whenever you're ready, I am! :3

#27 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

OK, I'll talk with TnB and we'll take the next step in organization!

PS When do you think Platina Lady will be ready?  :3

#28 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 夏の楽園でさ迷っている

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Aw DAMN I totally forgout about PL :hahaha:

That's simple stuff to mix, so I'll finish up what I have now after school and send it over to you.

#29 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

OK sounds good!  I'm going to send you the myu songs we want to include in the first season that don't have karaoke tracks to see if you can get decent ones out of them today or tomorrow.  Once we figure out what songs we can do we will work on the casting.

#30 Swtess

Swtess
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Ah this sounds so fun!! Sadly I'm pretty tone deaf and the only song I remember from it is La Soldier. Also the only mic I have is whatever came with my lap top. I will try to record something tonight and see how the audio turns out before sending in an audition.