• Please log in to reply
BBS Project '18 60 replies to this topic Started by zlilzlilzlil , Jun 09 2018 06:40 PM · 

Poll: Choosing songs!

Morning Musume

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

H!P Kids

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Juice=Juice & Angerme

Factories and Eggs and Country

Old Groups and Misc

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

So, Thea said she won't manage the project this year (which is a shame).

So I went and gave it a go (I can manage and even color code it if no one else is willing, but this is a thing for later).

For now - only 3 things are needed:

1. Suggest songs for this year, you can even mention if you think they fit an "All cast" or a small group.

2. Say if you are willing to participate.

3. Say if you are willing to take an extra job (mixing, etc...)

Have fun discussing!

People signing up:

1. StrawberryJam

2. Zange

3. Thea

4. TicTac

5. Paru

6. Molly

7. Juan

8. Mukuro

9. Zlil

10. WonderBuono

11. Aqua

Songlist:

I Wish: ALL

Mugen Climax: Zange, Aqua, Paru, WonderBuono

Itoshima Distance: Mukuro, Juan, Zlil, Zange

Koi wa Magnet: TicTac, WonderBuono, Zlil

Suki Sugite Baka Mitai: Molly, TicTac, Thea, Aqua

Koisuru Angel Heart: Molly, StrawberryJam, Mukuro

This is Unmei: Thea, Paru, Juan, StrawberryJam

Color coded lyrics:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Submitting of line deadline: September 1st.

#2 Sakebi

Sakebi
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

I'd like to participate. Juan and I actually wanted to do a duet, if that is acceptable.
If no one volunteers for video graphics and mixing, I'll cover that part.
Edit: I'll just volunteer for graphics.

#3 Zange

Zange
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:37 AM

I listened to the '17 Project (which was amazing, btw) and it seemed like it was a lot of fun, so I'd love to sign up for this years!

As for songs...

- Kisokutadashiku Utsukushiku

- Nakenai ze

- Vivid Midnight (this seems like it'd be better as a smaller group, no clue about most of the others tho)

- Mugen Climax

- Jinsei wa STEP

- Oh my wish

- The Peace (out of all my suggestions, this would probably be the best for an all cast song in my opinion)

- Ashita Tenki ni Naare (probably best with another small group, let's be honest)

#4 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:24 AM

Participation here! As for song suggestions, I'll get back to you. Blanking at the moment.

#5 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:38 AM

I say as it's H!P's 20th anniversary this year, maybe we go with an H!P All-Stars theme?

Like reaching back a bit in the discography... I'm thinking Suki Sugite Baka Mitai, Magic of Love, Shabondama,Wagamama Ki no Mama, Munasawagi Scarlet, Mugen Climax.... Just kind of scanning for the "best of the best" of each group? Do we know how many songs we want to do?

It would be nice to do one all cast and a few songs smaller cast, maybe depending on how many people participate, everyone could be in 2 small groups? I think our main issue with that will be making sure we've got a good team ready to do a lot of audio mixing :o

I'm participating this year for sure (with a muuuch better mic), and will be willing to do graphics. I don't think mine are great, so I think it's better to have me do graphics if there aren't others to do them lol...

#6 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:05 AM

I say as it's H!P's 20th anniversary this year, maybe we go with an H!P All-Stars theme?

Like reaching back a bit in the discography... I'm thinking Suki Sugite Baka Mitai, Magic of Love, Shabondama,Wagamama Ki no Mama, Munasawagi Scarlet, Mugen Climax.... Just kind of scanning for the "best of the best" of each group? Do we know how many songs we want to do?

It would be nice to do one all cast and a few songs smaller cast, maybe depending on how many people participate, everyone could be in 2 small groups? I think our main issue with that will be making sure we've got a good team ready to do a lot of audio mixing :o

I'm participating this year for sure (with a muuuch better mic), and will be willing to do graphics. I don't think mine are great, so I think it's better to have me do graphics if there aren't others to do them lol...

I love this idea.

Also, I can mix, although I'd prefer to just do smaller groups. If no one else wants to do the large groups, I'll do it, but I'd rather not :lol:

#7 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

BBS Project '16 was six small groups without an All Cast recording. Do we really need one? Haha.

But an anniversary theme is a grand idea. I just hope not to ONLY do obvious song choices. Like, if all we do is Morning Coffee, Love Machine, Ai no Tane and ALL FOR ONE & ONE FOR ALL, I think it'd be so lame! I guess as far as making a general list if potential songs though, those 4 are decent options. When we know how many songs we're gonna do, we can narrow it down.

I personally would really like to see Chou HAPPY SONG, as a way to celebrate the H!P Kids. Also, Ten Made Nobore!. Maybe even Heike Michiyo's GET? It was performed by everyone at a recent H!P tour, it was pretty interesting.

JPope, I don't know nothin' bout mixin' no group vocals. But I have spent a lot of time meticulously timing my lines when I do solo covers, so I'd be happy to do a basic timing on an All Cast song or something if that would in some way make the job less painful for you.

Oh, and I suppose I should actually say that I'd like to participate!

#8 Molly

Molly
  • ANGERME

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

Ill participate this year!

#9 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

I'd like to participate. Juan and I actually wanted to do a duet, if that is acceptable.

Yeah! We already have a song in mind, and it might fit the 20th anniversary theme quite well. 

As for songs...

- Nakenai ze

- Vivid Midnight (this seems like it'd be better as a smaller group, no clue about most of the others tho)

- The Peace (out of all my suggestions, this would probably be the best for an all cast song in my opinion)

Definitely can get behind these. Also seconding TicTac's Suki Sugite Baka Mitai and Magic of Love. I could also get into Shabondama and Wagamama ki no Mama.

Also, I can mix, although I'd prefer to just do smaller groups. If no one else wants to do the large groups, I'll do it, but I'd rather not :lol:

I also prefer smaller groups, so maybe we can keep it down to one all star group, if any at all? Judging from 2016 six people should be the maximum for a group. 

Of course, it depends on how many people want to take part - and how many songs you'd be ok with to mix :lol: Worst case is we have like 10 songs. 

That being said, I'm in! I can't do much, especially since I have a new computer without any graphic programs on it. I do have audacity for recording, but I'm not sure if that's a good program for mixing. (Also, I have 0 experience in mixing.)

I could try to cover in some emergency cases of course - just that the quality will be not be as good as the one we're used to - by far. :lol:

For songs, following the all star theme:

Current groups:

- Ijiwaru Shinaide Dakishimete yo

- Koi wa Magnet

- Itoshima Distance

- Teion Yakedo

- Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa

Some classics that aren't overdone:

- Inspiration!

- Chu! Natsu Party (granted, since we usually do the project around christmas this is a bit weird but it's a cute song)

- Kanojo ni Naritai

- Hello no Theme

- Odore Morning Curry

- I wish

- Mr Moonlight (might also be a chance to highlight our male singers)

- Shining Itoshiki Anata

- Ryuusei Boy

- This is Unmei

- Koisuru Angel Heart

- The Bigaku

#10 Sakebi

Sakebi
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

For songs, following the all star theme:

Current groups:

- Ijiwaru Shinaide Dakishimete yo

- Koi wa Magnet

- Itoshima Distance

- Teion Yakedo

- Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa

Some classics that aren't overdone:

- Inspiration!

- Chu! Natsu Party (granted, since we usually do the project around christmas this is a bit weird but it's a cute song)

- Kanojo ni Naritai

- Hello no Theme

- Odore Morning Curry

- I wish

- Mr Moonlight (might also be a chance to highlight our male singers)

- Shining Itoshiki Anata

- Ryuusei Boy

- This is Unmei

- Koisuru Angel Heart

- The Bigaku

Mr. Moonlight would be perfect. The line distribution would have to be carefully done, though. I'm also on board for Koi wa Magnet.

Munasawagi Scarlet would be amazing. If you want to do graphics, that'd be cool. I'm pretty sure your graphics will suit the project theme more.

If Juan and I can do the duet, I can pretty much do all of the work for that video. I'll help TicTac if she needs any.

#11 Mukuro

Mukuro
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

I'm in! Song suggestions to come later.

#12 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

JPope, I don't know nothin' bout mixin' no group vocals. But I have spent a lot of time meticulously timing my lines when I do solo covers, so I'd be happy to do a basic timing on an All Cast song or something if that would in some way make the job less painful for you.

Here's the thing: timing lines for large groups is a completely different challenge than for a solo cover, because you have several people all giving their take on the same rhythm. For a single singer, that rhythm is going to be largely consistent even when doubling or adding harmonies. With a group, they will vary, and sometimes wildly. What you have to do when those takes all differ in small or large ways is to employ a combination of cutting-and-moving, stretching, and fading. At least, that's how I do it. If you have a more efficient method, it's all yours! Also, I'd love to learn that method for future use. 

Ill participate this year!

YAY! I'm totally mixing your tracks.

#13 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

No, that's generally what I do too. LOL. I don't think it gets any easier than that unless you have VocAlign. But I think I'm decent enough at all of that to do it, and I kind of enjoy the meticulousness of it. Oh, and I have nothing going on in my life, so, haha.

#14 Sakebi

Sakebi
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Oh, and I have nothing going on in my life, so, haha.

Relatable.

#15 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

No, that's generally what I do too. LOL. I don't think it gets any easier than that unless you have VocAlign. But I think I'm decent enough at all of that to do it, and I kind of enjoy the meticulousness of it. Oh, and I have nothing going on in my life, so, haha.

Cool! That job is all yours, then!

#16 Mukuro

Mukuro
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Okay song suggestions that I didn't see above/missed: Jealousy Jealousy, tsumetai kaze to kataomoi, Uraha=Lover.

#17 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:06 AM

Gonna go ahead and put my name in for singing before I forget. I may come back with song suggestions later!

#18 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your replys. I would like to take the lead on managing the whole deal and doing color coding if no one objects.

So for now, the participant list is:

1. Sakebi

2. Zange

3. Thea

4. TicTac

5. Paru

6. Molly

7. Juan

8. Mukuro

9. Me (Zlil)

10. WonderBuono

I'll edit the original post with the names, and let's say we let signing up until July 1st?

I'll also open a new topic for a survey for the songs and we will see which songs are the most wanted.

I'm also all for the 20th anniversery, so a good idea would be to limit the songs to one for each group/soloist.

If we will do alot of songs I can also help with the audio mixing for the really small groups.

#19 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:34 PM

I'm in!

I also like a lot of the songs taken for the 20th anniversary theme, and I'm not picky or I don't have a song in mind right now.

#20 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

So I added a poll with all of the suggestions you said. of course it's not the songs that will consist of the final songs we will do.

I also divided them for your comfort to search for the song you like.

#21 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

...I managed to get a null vote because I can't read. Lol.

#22 Mukuro

Mukuro
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:16 PM

I guess my song suggestions weren't counted lol Is there a reason we can select multiple for MM but no other group?

#23 Sakebi

Sakebi
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

Can we do this in phases, please? I feel like it would be more efficient if we could treat each of the sections equally, since we could look at entire discographies to make decisions.
Suggesting songs for each group, voting on them as group sections and eliminating them based on opinions.

I can set up a Google poll so we can get each group in there.

#24 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

I guess my song suggestions weren't counted lol Is there a reason we can select multiple for MM but no other group?

That's because I'm stupid... for both things you mentioned...

Can we do this in phases, please? I feel like it would be more efficient if we could treat each of the sections equally, since we could look at entire discographies to make decisions.
Suggesting songs for each group, voting on them as group sections and eliminating them based on opinions.

I can set up a Google poll so we can get each group in there.

I like your idea alot. you are more than welcome to do it.

#25 Sakebi

Sakebi
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

Actually, the original plan might be better. You can disregard my comment!

I'm gonna still try it, but it might actually make it harder for people to vote lol.

And mistakes don't make people stupid, you're fine.

#26 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:31 PM

Ashita Tenki ni Naare is a Kobushi song, btw. :P

#27 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:22 AM

Ashita Tenki ni Naare is a Kobushi song, btw. :P

I wasn't sure so I googled it, and for some reason, Haruka Graduation song came up so I went with it...

And I edited the poll with multichoise for all and with Mukuro suggestions.

#28 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

Votedddd!!! Woop woop

#29 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

If anyone voted Null by mistake, or voted for the poll before I made it so you can have multiple choises, you can update me and I will count it.

#30 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:27 PM

^Oh, that's me :lol:
My choices would be:

- I Wish
- Ryuusei Boy
- Itoshima Distance
- Koi wa Magnet
- This is Unmei