• Please log in to reply
Hello!News Network :: 2018 Anniversary Edition H!P News that isn't Release Related or Deserving of it's OWN thread. 622 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Jan 01 2018 10:13 PM · 

#601 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:20 PM

She had her awesome solo cover of Moonlight Night from Hinafest last year...

I thought her Moonlight Night was pretty bad. They cleaned it up for the DVD/blu-ray, but the original performance was not good.

Oh really? I didn't realize it was heavily edited

#602 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:09 PM

Following Sakura's and Sayuki's solos, Anju uploaded Ise Layla's version of Mikazuki:

https://www.youtube....pLwuNbw5ZU&t=0s

She's pretty good.

I guess the cover concerts finally "force" the girls to break out of the traditional H!P singing. Don't get me wrong, Layla still does the pressing thing, especially during the bridge later on, but it's a good thing to finally sing full lines.

#603 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 23 August 2020 - 01:58 AM

The more I hear Layla, the more I like her. I'd like her even more if she would develop a nice natural vibrato, but she's already better than the average idol. With the extreme attrition in Anju over the last two years, it's about time they take her training wheels off for good, and get her into the solo-line rotation with the rest of the primaries.

#604 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 23 August 2020 - 10:22 AM

I have no doubts that she'll fit neatly into the role Mizuki has played (not saying she's getting her lines, their voices are different, but meaning she's going into the 2nd row singer line-up). If they built up Rikako to get many lines they can do the same with Layla.

#605 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:53 AM

Following Sakura's and Sayuki's solos, Anju uploaded Ise Layla's version of Mikazuki:

She's pretty good.

I guess the cover concerts finally "force" the girls to break out of the traditional H!P singing. Don't get me wrong, Layla still does the pressing thing, especially during the bridge later on, but it's a good thing to finally sing full lines.

It's Hirai Miyo's turn now, covering Umi no Koe:

https://youtu.be/Apif81L8s7g

#606 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 29 August 2020 - 06:33 PM

Jesus Christ, Miyo is so effing good. I was afraid they'd try to make her sing it too "pretty," but she sang it with the perfect amount of restraint and passion. The unhinged desperation of the original is a big part of what made it great, but that's not Miyo's bag, and I'm glad they didn't try to force that, either. She's right up there with the best we've ever heard from H!P, IMO.

#607 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 30 August 2020 - 02:46 AM

I'm really glad the company has been able to focus on more solo stuff the past number of months. Not only is great for us fans, I think solo work helps the idols grow as well. 

#608 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 01 September 2020 - 11:39 PM

Here's Kamiko being a model for the brand evelyn

#609 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:31 PM

Hoshibe Shou, a songwriter for many H!P artists, just launched his youtube channel.

I didn't know I was there for this Dosukoi video but damn  :weeeh:

#610 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:33 PM

SHE LOOKS SO PRETTY

#611 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:29 PM

Hoshibe Shou, a songwriter for many H!P artists, just launched his youtube channel.

I didn't know I was there for this Dosukoi video but damn  :weeeh:

Hot damn, just what I needed. Good job, Hoshibe.

#612 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:49 PM

Oh man oh man oh man! I hope all of his vids start with song chord lessons like this. I fucking worship this guy more than any other H!P songwriter not named Tsunku. Wish there was English subs for this.

#613 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:41 PM

Oh man oh man oh man! I hope all of his vids start with song chord lessons like this. I fucking worship this guy more than any other H!P songwriter not named Tsunku. Wish there was English subs for this.

I was gonna try and add some subs, but he doesn't have it activated where viewers can add their own subtitles

PS in case anyone saw my comment, I wrote it so it's easy to get a correct translation from Google Translate for him, lol

#614 Zoe

Zoe
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 04 September 2020 - 05:58 AM

I was gonna try and add some subs, but he doesn't have it activated where viewers can add their own subtitles

Google apparently has plans to remove that feature soon anyway.

#615 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:47 PM

Google apparently has plans to remove that feature soon anyway.

That's a shame. I don't see a lot of users have it actually enabled, but when some bigger channels do you can see quite a variety of different languages that viewers have added subtitles for. Interesting stuff. I assumed it was easy to remove/report troll subs for the original channel owner.

#616 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:11 PM

Here's Kamiko doing some more modelling work doing a "cover girl" Q&A for Salon Tokyo, as she's the September cover girl.

#617 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:30 AM

Another Juice cover by Inoue Rei, this time she sings Sunao ni Amaete, joined by Uemura Akari.

https://youtu.be/mX7lMG1gpUw

That's probably the most they've promoted a new member since Sakura joined MM.

#618 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:54 AM

Consider the fact Karin was supposed to graduate and then have Rei join and COVID ruined that entire plan. On top of that Hello!Projects entire concert schedule thus far aside from
Limited single promotion for groups is done solo. This seems like their back up plan to remind you Rei is now a member of Juice=Juice least your forget Kobushi Factory is no longer a thing.

#619 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 12 September 2020 - 02:36 PM

Fair, but the fact that they actually do that is pretty cool. I know MM 15ki have been along for a bit longer but they don't even get half the promotion lol.

#620 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:09 PM

Would love to see 15ki versions of classic H!P songs.

#621 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:19 PM

September 14 is the anniversary of Morning Musume getting their name - so basically their formation anniversary.

Happy Birthday Morning Musume. I know I complain a lot, but I really like this group. I just wish it would be handled better.

#622 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:59 PM

New MM song coming on 9/30. They’ll be performing it live:
https://news.mynavi....200917-1314054/

#623 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:50 AM

^ And it better be good! :dammit:

She's pretty good.

It's Hirai Miyo's turn now, covering Umi no Koe:

https://youtu.be/Apif81L8s7g

This time Ono Mizuho with I LOVE YOU: https://youtu.be/shHeF25oH-Y