• Please log in to reply
[2020.12.16] Morning Musume.'20 69th Single - Junjou Evidence / Gyuusaretai Dake na no ni 36 replies to this topic Started by DonJuan , Oct 30 2020 09:47 AM · 

#31 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 17 November 2020 - 01:32 AM

Yeah, it's frustrating, because Junjou Evidence the song has kinda grown on me -- especially the chorus -- but the overall package is all over the place. The MV has some really great effects, but they're almost too good in that they make the conventional shots seem more boring than they really are by comparison. The covers are all under-developed and poorly executed, and the outfits feel like an afterthought. The song falls on the right side of average for me, though. If the other song is decent, this will be a decent single, but I'm ready for more than decent from MM.

Other high points of Junjou for me are:
• Maa looks and sounds great on this track.
• The video cut from studio to parking lot in the middle of Fuku's hair flip at the end of the second chorus is stellar. 
• I dig the choreo at the outro.

#32 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • ANGERME

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:00 AM

Yeah I know I already said I don't like it but I'm pretty frustrated too. The only thing new or exciting in this video is Maa's haircut.

I don't know if it's Tsunku or management or whatever but something is holding this group back and it's got to change.

J=J has moved up to my number 1 main group this year -- the spot that MM has held since 2012, 2013-ish? I still love them but I expect more from the flagship group.

#33 DonJuan

DonJuan
  • ANGERME

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:08 PM

Gyuusaretai preview from Maria's radio show.

Sigh. I hate having two EDM songs on a single. I hope the MV is good at least.

(By the way that backbeat is SO annoying. This is something my kiddie keyboard had pre-installed.)

#34 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:00 PM

This sounds like, their last single or was it the single before? Either way, it’s okay but it’s like the bootleg version of a previous MM single. I hope it’s got a good hook buried somewhere in there.

#35 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:08 PM

This sounds like, their last single or was it the single before? Either way, it’s okay but it’s like the bootleg version of a previous MM single. I hope it’s got a good hook buried somewhere in there.

Junjou Evidence really reminded me of a mix of Are You Happy and Sou Janai. 

#36 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:00 AM

I’m tired of their sound. Usually MM changes their sound and that’s what’s I liked about them, but ever since 123 they got a good idea and are beating it to death.
Before at least they had cute b-sides...

#37 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:25 AM

I’m tired of their sound. Usually MM changes their sound and that’s what’s I liked about them, but ever since 123 they got a good idea and are beating it to death.
Before at least they had cute b-sides...

I don't even hate either of these songs, but I can't argue with anything here. Gyuusaretai is a more interesting iteration of this particular horse they've been flogging the past few years, but after their last single, this is a letdown. I don't so much mind that they've stuck with EDM this long as I do how little they've strayed from a few different formulas within EDM. KOKORO&KARADA was a fresh sound for MM, and the LOVEpedia/No way way two-headed monster was a fun concept that they pulled off well. It was a step forward for a stagnant group. This is two steps back. 

Bitter & Sweets's latest single, as conventionally J-Pop as it is, is so much more interesting to me than either of the songs on this single.