• Please log in to reply
Morning Musume - Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun dayo!/ Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai Please Tsunku. If it's going to be a double A-side, use shorter na 262 replies to this topic Started by Saya , Jul 16 2011 04:28 PM · 

#31 aine

aine
  • 名無しさん‮

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

It's just fine if she wants to disappear like Eri did, but when I think of things "Ai would do for Ai" after graduation I can only see her blowing all her Musume-earned money on brand name clothes. :rolleyes:

I remember you mentioning this one other time, and I think you said it was meant as a joke, but I do want to point out that the majority of the "brand name" clothes Takahashi blogs about are actually fairly affordable stores. Just because she lists the brand names doesn't mean the brands are equivalent to high fashion/high cost brands like Chanel or Dolce and Gabana or something. Japanese fashion icons just love to list where they got everything. They'd write in "Discount Outlet Shop" if that's where they got it - I've actually seen "used" written quite often. W*C, her current love, is a mid-range brand marketed to girls in their teens and early 20s. Many of the other brands she mentions, like Lowry's Farm, are even cheaper. Every once in a while she'll include something fairly expensive, but even then a lot of those items turn out to be gifted to her. As an idol, fashion is sort of part of her job and it's something she's chosen to make a theme on her blog. That doesn't make her a brand-whore or an excessive spender.

It was. It was tongue-in-cheek now too. I think we need a tongue-in-cheek emoticon. :tongueincheek:

Thanks for explaining tho, I would have never known. To me as a practical and generally fashion-unconscious male showing off your brand names is like screaming "zomg look what I can afford" and that's one of my bigger pet peeves. :lol:

#32 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for explaining tho, I would have never known. To me as a practical and generally fashion-unconscious male showing off your brand names is like screaming "zomg look what I can afford" and that's one of my bigger pet peeves. :lol:

I can definitely see how it would come off that way. When (non-celebrity) people blog with pictures of the 5 Channel purses ($1000+ per bag) they own that's exactly how I read it. :lol: But the whole "talk about your outfit and where you got everything" thing is super popular on Japanese blogs, probably inspired by fashion models doing it. Some girls probably have contracts with brands and are giving them advertising or are just keeping up their fashion icon status, but most girls seem to do it just because it's the cool thing to do.

#33 BonkyuAsh

BonkyuAsh
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

I thought the point of MM was to graduate and become a soloist. I guess I was wrong.
Aichan seems to love theater anyways, so I'm sure she'll be doing stage plays quite a bit.

#34 showraniy

showraniy
  • ANGERME

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

I thought the point of MM was to graduate and become a soloist.

That WAS the point, once upon a time a long time ago. I think the expected course for 20+ year-old ex-Momusus is to just get married and disappear into obscurity as the ex-Momusu who once did such-and-such in the group, but is now married. Which is hard to do when dating is forbidden while in the group. The outwardly ideal/embraced route is that she go on to have a successful solo career, but that's awfully hard to do when no one's willing to pool any money into the endeavor and instead focus all attention on the agency's flagship groups MM, Berryz, C-ute, and S/mileage. I guess it kinda feels like everyone technically becomes a soloist post-graduation, but in all the really long lull periods between work at UFA, she ventures off to do other things to make ends meet/not be entirely without work.

#35 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

I can definitely see how it would come off that way. When (non-celebrity) people blog with pictures of the 5 Channel purses ($1000+ per bag) they own that's exactly how I read it. :lol: But the whole "talk about your outfit and where you got everything" thing is super popular on Japanese blogs, probably inspired by fashion models doing it. Some girls probably have contracts with brands and are giving them advertising or are just keeping up their fashion icon status, but most girls seem to do it just because it's the cool thing to do.

If she's a true hipster, she'll buy the clothes used. :noway:

Back to the single, the outfits are cool, hopefully the PV will be interesting and at least decently executed. I see them inside of a pyramid or maybe just in a desert. Oooh, can they use the choreography from this?

#36 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

I thought the point of MM was to graduate and become a soloist.

That WAS the point, once upon a time a long time ago. I think the expected course for 20+ year-old ex-Momusus is to just get married and disappear into obscurity as the ex-Momusu who once did such-and-such in the group, but is now married. Which is hard to do when dating is forbidden while in the group. The outwardly ideal/embraced route is that she go on to have a successful solo career, but that's awfully hard to do when no one's willing to pool any money into the endeavor and instead focus all attention on the agency's flagship groups MM, Berryz, C-ute, and S/mileage. I guess it kinda feels like everyone technically becomes a soloist post-graduation, but in all the really long lull periods between work at UFA, she ventures off to do other things to make ends meet/not be entirely without work.

I don't think anyone except for 1st gen + Maki + Kago have gone on to have solo careers musically as well. And Kago's solo career hasn't ever been with UFA.

Abe, Nakazawa and Iida all had musical careers, but they're lucky to get a release a year now.

Yasuda's been doing plays basically since graduation and Yaguchi does variety.

Maki has her solo music stuff, but even now she's going on hiatus.

Rika moved to v-u-den, Tsuji went to variety, Yossie does a whole bunch of random stuff, and Kago is really the only one with a steady music career, if we can even call it that. She performs a ton, but her releases are sporadic.

Konno went to Uni, rejoined H!P and did a whole lot of nothing until this reporting business. Ogawa just does plays.

Miki does variety (although she had that one single in 08). Eri disappeared for treatment.

Koharu spends all her time gardening.

JunJun and LinLin both do random things in China.

So I guess it does feel like they're soloists, but record shoes that they don't really get to do much solo-wise. But it's been so long since anyone with the potential for a solo career has graduated, so maybe they'll take a chance with Takahashi.

Edit: A closer look at Erina, Ai, and Mizuki's outfits. But only the top halves.

#37 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Rika moved to v-u-den, Tsuji went to variety, Yossie does a whole bunch of random stuff, and Kago is really the only one with a steady music career, if we can even call it that. She performs a ton, but her releases are sporadic.

You skipped W, the greatest thing in H!P history. :noway: Though sadly, even if Kagogate hadn't have happened, W probably would have been graduated from H!P with the rest of Elder Club and released another single or two before doing nothing with everyone else. :(

Edit: A closer look at Erina, Ai, and Mizuki's outfits. But only the top halves.

I like Erina's hair like that, it's really cute. Sayumi said that one set of outfits was sexy, which must be these, and the other set was cute. Hopefully cute doesn't equate to gigantic, fluffy, and ten pounds of ruffles.

#38 BonkyuAsh

BonkyuAsh
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

^
They would have stayed. W was a wonderful hearts group.
Erina looks older, and almost sexy.

#39 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

Koharu spends all her time gardening.

Koha is on Oha Star still, and occasionally models or does other random stuff.

Oh how I miss W...My 3rd favorite H!P group of all time...

Oh and Fuku-chan is just looking gorgeous in that gold outfit.

#40 rob

rob
  • ANGERME

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:04 AM

Koharu isn't gardening, she's trying to discover a bug that isn't as talented as her.

The search continues.

#41 Riho World

Riho World
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

I thought the point of MM was to graduate and become a soloist. I guess I was wrong.
Aichan seems to love theater anyways, so I'm sure she'll be doing stage plays quite a bit.

I think it's just tough for female singing talent in Japan generally, once you get past a certain age. Japan worships youth even more than the US, and a woman over 25 is supposed to get married and have babies.

I doubt it will be any easier for the grads of AKB48 or any other idol group that's currently the rage at the moment.

#42 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

^
They would have stayed. W was a wonderful hearts group.
Erina looks older, and almost sexy.

V-u-den was a Wonderful Hearts group at one time too, but they moved up eventually. W may have stayed on a little longer, but H!P very clearly became about "Morning Musume and newer groups ONLY" with the mass graduation. All MM grads were out.

I kind of hope Erina goes the sexy Rika route. Sayumi is sort of straddling that line, but otherwise they don't really have any other members that play up their sexiness anymore. Especially with AiButt leaving.

#43 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

Listened to the concert rip. This just screams mediocre PV already just because there is so much going on, so my expectations are already low on that front so anything will be better then just a dance shot and close up mash up. Posted Image

This is the end of the Great Ai/Reina Musume so I can see why Tsunku gave them all the lines. But it's going to be a killer after Takahashi when they do this song live. Maybe they'll give the lines to Riho and thus begin the great Reina/Riho Musume of 2012! 8o (That just makes me hope Tsunku finds some good blood in the new generation!)

Oh and I don't hate the song, It's listenable, can't wait for raido/PV rip.

#44 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

I'm just hoping that Kare to Other Long Title is better. Are they both getting PVs?

#45 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

I'm just hoping that Kare to Other Long Title is better. Are they both getting PVs?

That's what Double A-side means. :D

#46 rob

rob
  • ANGERME

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:38 AM

Riho gets all of Ai's lines...

Risa curses tsunku to hell for all eternity!

#47 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

HQ group picture.

Ai and Sayumi look great.

I wonder if that jewelry flies everywhere when they dance.

#48 The Turtle Moves

The Turtle Moves
  • Supreme Arbiter of Good Taste

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

At the risk of bringing the wrath of Al down on my head, is Sayumi starting to look her age?

#49 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

At the risk of bringing the wrath of Al down on my head, is Sayumi starting to look her age?

I think it depends on pictures and lighting, make-up. Though damn, Sayu looks like she's wearing Mr.T's gold necklace.

I think this tops it as one of the worst single outfits of all time. But then again I hate gold. Posted Image

#50 The Turtle Moves

The Turtle Moves

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

I think this tops it as one of the worst single outfits of all time.

I am assuming the visual trauma caused by seeing the abominations worn for Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan caused them to be permanently blanked from your mind.

#51 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

I think this tops it as one of the worst single outfits of all time.

I am assuming the visual trauma caused by seeing the abominations worn for Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan caused them to be permanently blanked from your mind.

All I can remember are boas, Reina's head on the cover and yellow. So much yellow. Posted Image

Which gives me an idea now. Thank you! Posted Image

#52 The Turtle Moves

The Turtle Moves

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

Which gives me an idea now. Thank you!

Hey, no worries :confused:.

#53 freezingkiss

freezingkiss
  • なっきい❤

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Erina looks like a deer in headlights and Aika still can't smile. Seriously, was that the best picture they could get for the promo? That head-tilty thing Mizuki is doing is also not doing her any favours. Hey everyone! Just smile normally!

#54 Duncan

Duncan
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

How can one smile...when you don't have lips?

What an awful photo of all the girls. Risa looks drunk! Kanon and Ai are the only ones that look alright.

#55 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

I think they often don't just "smile normally" because of the image the powers-that-be are going for with that song/the outfits. This costume is supposed to be sexy, so a big grin doesn't really fit. A smoldering gaze or knowing/coy smile would be best.

With that in mind:
Riho - Kind of getting it, but a little too dead in the eyes.
Ai - Going for smoldering, mostly has it but seems kind of out of place because no one else is doing this.
Reina - Perfect, coy/knowing smile thing. Though the giant bow they always have to give her kind of kills the sexiness.
Sayu - Looks a little psychotic and evil, I think it's the angle. But everyone loves evil!Sayu, so...well done?
Kanon - As her default face is HUGE GRIN, props to her for doing a subtle smile without ending up doing a blank stare the way Koharu used to.
Mizuki - This angle makes her face look fat. Unfortunate. But she has subtle smile down.
Risa - I think it's the bad eye makeup that makes her look drunk. Lots of dark makeup at the corners.
Aika - STOP DOING THIS FACE. You got braces off 100 years ago. You do not need to suck your cheeks in and seal off your lips.
Erina - Would look good if she hadn't done whatever weird thing she did to make her upper lip disappear.

As for costumes I mostly like them. It's nice that Ai is kind of highlighted with extra bling and a pretty princess crown. Yes Risa has one but Ai's is better. I wish her hair was still blonde :(

#56 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

I'd say there's hope for the solo photos, but if Only You is any indication, there will only be about two good ones. Erina's solo pic was awesome though, so maybe she'll make it happen again for this single.

I want to see the alternate outfits, though, since they're supposed to be cute.

#57 Riho World

Riho World
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

^

Thanks. Not nearly as good as the live version, unfortunately.

#58 Anderei

Anderei
  • つんく♂

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Sounds like an older Momusu track that would've been on an album.

I'm just going to hope that the other song is better.

#59 Pucchi mo

Pucchi mo
  • As seen on KSBL-5906

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Maybe it's just the rip, but I almost never stop hearing Ai.
Maybe it's just the past 6 years...

I don't know why I should expect anything different, Ai, Reina, Riho & Risa.
It's more or less like Only you. I guess the new girls can fight for her lines later.

I think Risa has solidified her position as the one who pops in with the dramatic part of the song after the front girls sing. It sounds like her first line is the word GAKI. :tongue:

Now the instrumental sounds less like it's from DANCE MAN.
I think it's Hirata because parts of it remind me of Aya's I LOVE YOU no Tsuzuki.

The line distribution doesn't even change for the 2nd half. At least in the old days, that's when we got to hear Yossi, Kaori & maybe Tsuji, Risa or Makoto. But no, this is all Maki, Nacchi, Kago for the whole song. They had 13 girls back then, why is it harder to figure this out with 9 members?

I'm not even going to say things will be much better for Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai, because I don't really believe it.

#60 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Let the front girls have their moment to shine now and hope for a giant shakeup post Ai, we'll call it the Aipocalypse. (Trademarking that now on behalf of the BBS.) Should be fun, and free popcorn for all. (That is, if anyone in the 10th gen is worthy of front girl status.)

Oh and gotta wait for a better rip because they all sound like they have a cold in this low quality version.