• Please log in to reply
Morning Musume - Wakuteka Take a Chance Wocka! Wocka! 437 replies to this topic Started by rob , Aug 31 2012 03:26 AM · 

#31 Riho World

Riho World
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

I think it's fantastic. I even like it better than 1-2-3.

The PV, of course, will be a crushing disappointment. Especially since the dance shot apparently won't be including Haruka and Ayumi.

#32 Rally

Rally
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

So yeah, at this point who cares about the new album?

It's all about the 51st single!! :thumbsup:

#33 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Aren't singles more important than albums nowadays anyway? Especially for idols?

#34 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • I program stuff.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Now back to Rob!

New video of MM practicing

http://www.youtube.c...U&feature=g-u-u

At first I was afraid it was going to be disgusting wubstep, but luckily it's not.
What it does sound like however, is ~3 songs mixed into one.
It's not bad, not so generic like a lot of H!P singles the past few years, but I don't see myself listening to it more than once (when the MV gets released).

Somehow, since 10th gen joined, they only have really bizarre dances. lol

#35 rob

rob
  • ANGERME

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

With this one especially it seems they have upped the skill level for the choreography, nice to see them improving so fast!

#36 enmi

enmi
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

This is so awful, I can't even listen to half the song and the dance shot did nothing but piss me off when I watched it. And just when I thought things couldn't get worse than 1,2,3, this happens. I don't know how they keep coming up with worse garbage than before. This is absolute bottom-barrel shit music. :geof:

Calm yo' tits, hun.

I'm sure they'll be out of this mecha music cycle fairly soon.

I don't mind autotune much in general, and I think the dance is pretty unique! Sucks Ayumi and Haruka won't be in the dance shot, but I'm sure they'll figure out a way to give them some pretty good screen time.

This song seems to take main elements from Renai Hunter, What's Up, and One.Two.Three and add some I don't even know what. Whatever. I fail at description.

I've been really excited about what Morning Musume has done this year. I didn't think they would stay my favorite H!P group for long since I normally waffle between the kids and MM, but they have done it! :danceman:

Edit: My husband says it sounds like they recruited GladOS from Portal to do some backup vocals.

This song is definitely going in my gettin' skinny playlist. I'm already kind of addicted.

#37 showraniy

showraniy
  • ANGERME

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

This has a few copycat 1,2,3 dance moves I'm not in love with, and reminds me of how Nanchatte Renai was a sad attempt to grasp at Shouganai's success way back when that was the hot new shit in town.

Oh well, I like trance and electronica much more than whatever Nanchatte was trying to be, so I actually really like this song. It would've been better with less autotune, but I don't blame them for repeating a formula that worked so well for them before.

ALSO, I WANT MY DAMN LASERS THIS TIME, UFA :dammit:

#38 Afternoon Mimolette

Afternoon Mimolette
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

I liked Nanchatte Renai. :puppyeyes:

Yes to the lasers, though!!

After my ~ninetieth listen, I can comfortably say this is one of my favourite MM songs in awhile. It's like a better Renai Hunter without that weird crab jig! :danceman: I like this better than 123, which I like but I find isn't listenable on the longterm. With 123's success, the albums' awesomeness and this new song, MM are on a roll this year.

#39 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

I like when Tsunku continues to try new things instead of being predictable and doing the same style of music again and again.

The irony of this is absolutely wonderful given their last few singles.

This is excellent stereotypical AEUGNewtype impression. :lol:

I'd like to be impressed with something they do, I really would, but it hasn't happened in 11 singles. When is it time to give up?

#40 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I like when Tsunku continues to try new things instead of being predictable and doing the same style of music again and again.

Considering Tsunku just doesn't handle Morning Musume and has been doing this for over 15 years, I'm going to stand by my statement and just shake my head at your narrow one.

#41 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

I'd like to be impressed with something they do, I really would, but it hasn't happened in 11 singles. When is it time to give up?

When just about everyone else is enjoying what they hear.

I'll admit having Reina and Riho and the Musumes with special guest Sayumi is slightly annoying, but when the song is decent it's not as bad. :whatthe:

#42 rob

rob
  • ANGERME

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

This is excellent stereotypical AEUGNewtype impression. :lol:

It's fine not to like it but....

Posted Image

#43 MysticForceRed

MysticForceRed
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

I am loving this but where is my Queen?!?!?! :cryalot:

She should be up there with the Princess instead of Riho :dammit:

#44 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Uhm... I'm confused? Why would you want Queen Elizabeth in a Morning Musume single?

#45 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

It's fine not to like it but....

Posted Image

Coming from you, rob, this has very little meaning :hahaha:

#46 rob

rob
  • ANGERME

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

That was the point Posted Image

#47 iDOL1641

iDOL1641
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

I love it. I just pray that the outfits match the song this time. We're going to have more sparkles for the PV, right?

#48 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

UGH. I was reading this in car on the way home from New York and based on everyone's comments I was SO excited, but this is nothing but disappoint.

I AM SO SICK OF THE CUTESY CHANTING. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

Also, tell Reina to stop spreading her ugly baggy crotch pants to the girls I like.

Kanon was so enthusiastic during the dance though.

Haruna was just so lackluster though. I was almost embarrassed seeing her in the front for a few parts.

But yeah...after Renai Hunter and One Two Three this is just a big ol' disappointment for me. :'(

#49 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

You know you can't really judge anyone for this dance. This is obviously a practice dance that was never meant to be shown to anyone outside the company and the girls to show them what they are doing wrong and how to fix those mistakes.

The fact Haruka and Ayumi got injured means we'll never get to see this fully envisioned dance because they'll be cutting two of the girls out of it for the single release. Which is why Tsunku decided he wanted this released so people could see what he and the dance instructors and created for the song as a whole. Truth is, we'll probably never see this again because once 11 gen comes the dance is going to evolve into something else entirely.

#50 MysticForceRed

MysticForceRed
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Uhm... I'm confused? Why would you want Queen Elizabeth in a Morning Musume single?

Q, not Queen Elizabeth. Queen Sayu!!!!

Pulled the concept from the USB of a spring concert. Where Risa was queen and the rest were her subjects. So now I just say Queen Sayu and Princess Reina

#51 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

You know you can't really judge anyone for this dance. This is obviously a practice dance that was never meant to be shown to anyone outside the company and the girls to show them what they are doing wrong and how to fix those mistakes.

The fact Haruka and Ayumi got injured means we'll never get to see this fully envisioned dance because they'll be cutting two of the girls out of it for the single release. Which is why Tsunku decided he wanted this released so people could see what he and the dance instructors and created for the song as a whole. Truth is, we'll probably never see this again because once 11 gen comes the dance is going to evolve into something else entirely.

Yeah, I know, I just know that whenever I had dance practice I'd always give it my full anthusiasm, even in just rehearsal.

And yes I am SOOOOOO upset that Ayumi is injured. I finally have a new favorite girl and she's out of the dance shot like four singles in :(

/edit Sucks about Haruka too, it just figures that I haven't had a girl I could really call my favorite in a couple years now and once I do she's injured pretty quickly.

#52 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Q, not Queen Elizabeth. Queen Sayu!!!!

Pulled the concept from the USB of a spring concert. Where Risa was queen and the rest were her subjects. So now I just say Queen Sayu and Princess Reina

I know you meant Sayu, I was just bustin' your red ranger suited self. Strange, unusual person who I don't think I've ever seen post anywhere. Posted Image

#53 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

Yeah, I was just wondering who this dude was. Glad I'm not the only one.

#54 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

ANDREW!!! Damnit boy, tell people when you change your name. Posted Image

#55 yuzu

yuzu
  • FRUIT UNITY

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

HAHA that's so funny because I HAD MY SUSPICIONS!

#56 MysticForceRed

MysticForceRed
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Ahh gomenasai Shojou-san to yuzuriha-san!!! I will be sure to give you guys a heads up next time...

#57 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

Ahh gomenasai Shojou-san to yuzuriha-san!!! I will be sure to give you guys a heads up next time...

You just went full weeaboo. Stop.

#58 MysticForceRed

MysticForceRed
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

What?? I was just practicing my Japanese.

#59 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

We have a thread for that. Do it there if you must practice.

ALSO back on topic!

Someone made this version with the backing vocals.

At 1:12, WTF Is that? That's not Mizuki, that's a creature from the dark depths of the underworld, crying out in pain.

#60 Saya

Saya
  • みんな大好っき♥担当

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

The "shake it up" or "check it out" or whatever they say in the chorus in the demon voice at the end is still the scariest.

Oh my god. :sick: I was going to tell you to stop, but then I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were joking. So I'll tell you now, please stop.