• Please log in to reply
BBS☆Project '17 It's the end of the year again 51 replies to this topic Started by Thea , Sep 13 2017 06:43 PM · 

#31 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

So I have all the votes in and am organizing it now.... but I have to know. Someone else voted for PyokoPyoko Ultra in the song selection. I must know who -- you are my new best friend.

I honestly don't really remember but I think it might've been me? Just because I know I'm better at cute songs xD

#32 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

So what's the plan for Kobushi no Hana's instrumental? I can't imagine it's the kind of song that one can just remove vocals from and still sound okay.

#33 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

HI THEA I DID INDEED VOTE FOR PYOKO PYOKO LOVE YOU lol

edit: are you doing all cast on all songs or one all cast and randomly assigning the other songs? :)

#34 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:31 AM

All cast on TsugiZoku and Kobushi no Hana, and randomly assigned cast for the other two songs. ;)

#35 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:06 AM

I voted for three of those songs, so good job everyone else!

As for the video/audio mixing, I think we'll have to rely on you two after all, JPope and Aine!

Uh oh :whistling:

You can do it!

Sorry to bother! But We really appreciate it! And I believe in you! Haha 

Let the record show that I missed the poll but gladly would've voted for Pyoco.

Sorry about that, Haru! I counted 12 votes so I just assumed.

So I have all the votes in and am organizing it now.... but I have to know. Someone else voted for PyokoPyoko Ultra in the song selection. I must know who -- you are my new best friend.

I honestly don't really remember but I think it might've been me? Just because I know I'm better at cute songs xD

It may not have been you but I still love you, Buononon!  :grin:

So what's the plan for Kobushi no Hana's instrumental? I can't imagine it's the kind of song that one can just remove vocals from and still sound okay.

As I recall, I used it to remove the vocals really well when I wanted just Sako's lines, so I think it will come out fine.

HI THEA I DID INDEED VOTE FOR PYOKO PYOKO LOVE YOU lol

TICTAC MY BFF  :weeeh:

#36 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Alright! Ryan is speedy as fuck, and thus the lyrics are up and ready to go! Please have lines in ASAP. Try to aim for October 30th, but at the latest November 15th. The earlier everyone gets them in the better, so all of the crew has enbough time before 2018 rolls around!

#37 Sakebi

Sakebi
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

I didn't even know who sings Fiesta Fiesta, so I guess it'll be interesting. 

tumblr_ox3mm0XpzB1vqy210o1_250.gif

N

Nonetheless, good luck to everyone!

Good l

#38 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Hey Ryan can you pretty please move that "ga" in "Chakuchaku SHIIN ga" back so it fits the actual coding? -WB's nitpicking continues-

I'll get on this as soon as I can, but it'll probably take me a while to learn Kobushi no Hana since I haven't listened to it much before. :D I'm excited!

#39 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

Oops, sorry about that WB, I whited out the c-c and forgot where the "ga" went. orz (And never bothered to actually check the original c-c because I'm dumb and forgot.........)

#40 TicTacAnyone

TicTacAnyone
  • Danbara's #1 fan

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

Has anyone been able to find a Kobushi no Hana instrumental? It feels difficult to sing along when the voices are so loud along with the music Q_Q

#41 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

An instrumental has to be made for it! But be sure to record with the vocals for correct timing. ^^

#42 Haru

Haru
  • (◡‿◡✿)

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:00 AM

I've never heard Kobushi no Hana so no better time than now I guess. ALSO SAD IM IN UTAKATA AND NOT FIESTA BUT I'LL LIVE LMAO

Dumb question what do the stars mean

#43 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:34 AM

Pretty sure the stars are just providing prettier spacing between everyone's names? Sparkle sparkle.

#44 arcobaleno

arcobaleno
  • 世界をパレードに

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:31 AM

Yep, just a fancy spacing thing. :)

#45 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

Just a quick question...

In which octave to sing? the same as last year (to be the same with the girls) or one octave lower?

#46 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

Well I certainly will NOT be singing with the girls on account of my aversion to snapping my vocal cords. :D

#47 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Just a quick question...

In which octave to sing? the same as last year (to be the same with the girls) or one octave lower?

I thought you sounded great singing the same register as the songs last year.

#48 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

You really did sound good. (Specifically remembering Winter Story). I guess it just depends on where these songs sit in your range.

#49 Thea

Thea
  • 鞘師里保

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:28 AM

To aid in the recording of TsugiZoku, here are the vocals ripped from the instrumental. Mainly to be used for the chorus, as this is a bitch of a song to get the timing. And we need to do our very best to make JPope's load lighter!

#50 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

A few  other areas you guys might want to record to the original tracks are as follows: 

Utakuta: 1:34 and 2:58

Tsukitsugi: 3:45 and 4:00

Fiesta: 1:09 2:24

These are music drop-out points where you don't have a rhythm to sing over. Having the original vocals to guide you should help keep the final tracks as uniform as possible, which means less cutting and stretching for mean. It's really tedious work that takes up over half the time I spend on these mixes. The less time I have to spend slicing and stretching, the more I can spend on fine tuning.

Thanks!

#51 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

So I've always wondered... is it easier for you if I put all my lines together, or if I keep it spaced out as if it were on top of the instrumental already? (If that makes sense?)

#52 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

So I've always wondered... is it easier for you if I put all my lines together, or if I keep it spaced out as if it were on top of the instrumental already? (If that makes sense?)

Thanks for bringing this up. Keep them spaced out. 

Let me repeat that: Everyone, please submit files that I can just drop into a session. Leave the same amount of silence between your lines as there would be if you did it all in a single take. I hate having to search for where lines go. 

Not every file is going to line up perfectly because they're recorded on different computers with different settings, but they'll be close if you do it the way I suggest above.