• This topic is locked This topic is locked
"Adding 'P' To His Name" award for best Tsunku decision 2008 Nomination thread 28 replies to this topic Started by /// , Jan 28 2009 12:09 AM · 

#1 ///

///
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

Tsunku is a pretty eccentric guy, I don't think anybody can really deny that. He's kinda flamboyant and I think most of us thought he was either gay or a lolicon until he got married (I'm still not all that convinced...).

But one thing he can do like no other and that is make crazy decisions and do things that are really out there. Hello! Project is a roller coaster ride as a result, and while some of his decisions leave us headbutting the wall, others make us want to cry with how awesome it's turned out and how wrong we were when we predicted the demise of H!P and the world as we know it.

So what's the most crazy thing Tsunku did that worked out awesomely? Or just plain crazy? What thing (or things) do you remember most vividly this year that Tsunku did with regards to H!P?

#2 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

Ice Creamusume for sure.

#3 Valerie

Valerie
  • Supertemp!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

2nd Ice Creamusume.

#4 swiggy

swiggy
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

Allowed hANGRY&ANGRY to happen?

#5 TnB

TnB
  • Tangerine & Banana

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

I was going to say hangry&angry since it was a fandom dream-unit that people never expected to actually happen, but now that I think about it, it wasn't all that surprising. They'd already made GAM the year before, and the whole lesbian-ing it up thing has been around in H!P for a while now since they've started pandering to wota.

So I agree with Icecreamusume. Not toally crazy and out of the blue since we have JunLin, but a whole group of Taiwanese girls being formed and actually releasing something is pretty big.

#6 alita87

alita87
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:21 AM

My first instinct was to say the Taiwanese auditions but then something bigger came to me.

The Asia Tour, Tsunku's taking advantage and recognizing that while Morning Musume etc might not be hugely popular in Japan right now they are getting there in other countries.

#7 Pi Kago

Pi Kago
  • MISS TAIWAN 2008

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the best decision was to COMPLETELY IGNORE the Natsuyaki Miyabi and Kanna scandals? They blew over and now no one even remembers, and Buono didn't lose one of its members. (Yeah, I don't care about Berryz.)

#8 Mudfish

Mudfish
  • 泣いて 笑って 怒って 叫んで

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

I think that was a great decision but Iunno if it was up to Tsunku xD That's why I wouldn't say Hangry&Angry either.

For me Ice Creamusume. Because not only were they formed and they're so cute, but he's the one who gave them the Musume. name (hopefully signifying their importance and greatness :lol:)

#9 Pi Kago

Pi Kago
  • MISS TAIWAN 2008

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

I think that was a great decision but Iunno if it was up to Tsunku xD That's why I wouldn't say Hangry&Angry either.

We have no idea how much power Tsunku holds within UFA, so I was going with the theory that we're using Tsunku as an umbrella term for "whatever management it might have been, if not tsunku himself". That's what we usually seem to go with on this BBS anyway.. blaming or praising Tsunku but really knowing it could be any number of suits we don't know about.

#10 Mudfish

Mudfish
  • 泣いて 笑って 怒って 叫んで

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

We have no idea how much power Tsunku holds within UFA, so I was going with the theory that we're using Tsunku as an umbrella term for "whatever management it might have been, if not tsunku himself". That's what we usually seem to go with on this BBS anyway.. blaming or praising Tsunku but really knowing it could be any number of suits we don't know about.

Okay fine :lol: then yeah, I'll second the new reactions to scandals in general - ignoring those, letting Miki come back, and letting Kaori and Tsuji perform in this last tour as well. (The decision was made in '08 ok ;/)

#11 madlandyman

madlandyman
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

2 words - High King.
how awesome were they, plus putting an egg up with the best of the wonderful hearts.

#12 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

Ice Creamusume. I like all the girls, except for scary face. :lol:

#13 ///

///
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

Okay fine :P then yeah, I'll second the new reactions to scandals in general - ignoring those, letting Miki come back, and letting Kaori and Tsuji perform in this last tour as well. (The decision was made in '08 ok :P)

Yeah, those definitely qualify. Even if we don't know if that was all his idea, at least it's one of those things that the "H!P team" is behind, and he's basically the figurehead of that in this award.

#14 suicidal penguins

suicidal penguins
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:56 PM

Ice Creamusume for sure.

#15 The☆AEUGNewtype

The☆AEUGNewtype
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the best decision was to COMPLETELY IGNORE the Natsuyaki Miyabi and Kanna scandals? They blew over and now no one even remembers, and Buono didn't lose one of its members. (Yeah, I don't care about Berryz.)

Yup. Minus the not caring about Berryz part.

#16 Infinite Loop

Infinite Loop
  • MR RAPIST

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

I would never have thought of this on my own, but that's totally my pick now.

#17 BeForJess

BeForJess
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:03 AM

I'm enjoying Ice Creamusume more than I ever guessed I would. They get my vote, even if their PVs haven't been impressive. Love the vocals from this group so far and the mandarin covers made some of my old favorite momusu songs fresh again.

#18 Zazie

Zazie
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

Ice CreaMusume.

#19 Zounder

Zounder
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:23 AM

High-King seconded!

#20 lemonmilktea

lemonmilktea
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:08 AM

Allowed hANGRY&ANGRY to happen?

My first instinct was to say the Taiwanese auditions but then something bigger came to me.

The Asia Tour, Tsunku's taking advantage and recognizing that while Morning Musume etc might not be hugely popular in Japan right now they are getting there in other countries.

2 words - High King.
how awesome were they, plus putting an egg up with the best of the wonderful hearts.

2nd the thing about expanding H!P's reach (Next step North America? California? Los Angeles. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! :D )

2nd - High King & HANGRY&ANGRY (Ex-Momusu Rock Group) :doh:

Edited by lemonmilktea, 30 January 2009 - 08:09 AM.

#21 Joel

Joel
  • Kyouka~n Kyouka~n...

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

High-King thirded! Even though there was EVEN MORE Ai and Renai, I love the addition of Maimi and Saki. Maeda sounds good too! Also, the b-side is great.

#22 Lovely

Lovely
  • ANGERME

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

I would never have thought of this on my own, but that's totally my pick now.

Add another vote for this one. Also, the expansion into Asia.

#23 zlilzlilzlil

zlilzlilzlil
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

I don't know if it's count but:

Putting koi no dial 6700 in cover you and choosing linlin to take the lead (awesomeness)!

#24 sadude

sadude
  • ~<3

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:47 AM

Keeping MM together yet again and not changing them. But it's a bit of a pyrrhic victory since they only released one actual single and a bunch of covers. :/

#25 ozu

ozu
  • つばきファクトリー

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:21 AM

Keeping MM together yet again and not changing them.

I like this lineup so I must agree. (Seconded.)

But it's a bit of a pyrrhic victory since they only released one actual single and a bunch of covers. :/

Give the girls credit, though, it's the strength of the vocals on Cover You that really carries the album since the song selection is a little obvious and the production is a bit thin in places.

#26 writerserenyty

writerserenyty
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:18 AM

-Allowing for Hangry&Angry. LOVE THEM. Rika and Yossy are two of my favorites, and a unit of the two of them is just great. Also, they're breaking from the idol image here, which could be good in their post-H!P careers (even though I'd prefer they only do this and not do other visual kei stuff...). Plus, I'm a closet Ishiyoshi fangirl, so this is just great.
-Ignoring Miyabi's scandal-type-thing.

#27 milfeulle

milfeulle
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

I have to say High-King too. Kioku no Meiro was a great track that I propably enjoyed the most out of all H!P songs released last year.

#28 Sabaku Ika

Sabaku Ika
  • untitled

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

If Tsunku really added 'P' to his name, then I vote for that. Tsunpku is much better.

#29 BeForJess

BeForJess
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

I think that's in reference to the period of time when he was going by "Tsunku-P".. What was that, like around 5th gen auditions? I don't think he does it anymore, but it was kinda hilarious.