• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5th Annual mm-bbs H!P Awards 2009 Explaning the System for 2009 15 replies to this topic Started by Shoujo Q , Jan 03 2010 06:27 PM · 

#1 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

I've been snowed in for the weekend so I thought I might as well get the awards rollin'!

Posted Image

It's that time of year again folks! Time to sit back and think about the train wreck that is H!P. It was a big year for the bouncy little idol group as they were torn down and brought back up, traveled out of the country and battled there way onto the charts against their idol foes. This year we were introduced to the next generation of H!P and some of us cringed while others held up there arms and did the wota. Most of you know how this is done, but for the mass of newbs here are the steps set before you by the great ///. Why mess with a good thing?

Step 1 : Nominations

I've made it 75% easier for you to nominate this year by taking the guessing work out of what was released in 2009. I noticed how difficult it was last year because who can seriously remember what was released in Janauary? I say 75% because some of the nominations you'll just have to figure out on your own. You can nominate up to three times in each category so make it count. If you don't want to nominate three times then you don't need to but it helps to get a variety of nominations for the polls. The top 5 or 10 (Depending on how many nominations there are in each category) will make it onto the next round for voting. Nomination threads will be opened one at a time. I'll place them all at the bottom of this post for easy access once they've all been opened.
You can change your nominations at any time until Friday the 5th of February. Once all nomination threads are closed you'll have to wait for the next step. :confused:

Step 2 : Vote

After Friday, February 5th, I'll close down nominations and put up polls for each category so that you can vote. If you don't see your nomination then you obviously either didn't campaign enough or break enough knee caps to get people to nominate your choice so don't complain to me! That's what the thread is for. And please make sure you vote and don't just null because that's just being a poor sport. ;)

Step 3 : Results

Either come back often to see how the vote goes or wait a few months for the big ol' results thread that'll eventually appear. And I promise it wont take half a year to complete. Well... not really, it might take awhile. B)

Nomination Threads Master List :
(Now with more Awards!)

"H!P All Stars" Award For Best Overall H!P Act

"Tanpopo" Award for Best Sub-Unit

"The Peace!" Award for Best Single

"Ikimasshoi" award for best album

"What Budget?!" award for best PV 2009

"I has Bikini on!" award for best photobook

"Smile at the Camera" Award for Best Idol DVD of 2009

"Ribbon no Kishi" Award for Best Concert/Live Performance in 2009

"Nijukyu-sensei" award for best non-H!P related Tsunku decision 2009

"What Graduation?" award for former H!P member's achievements outside H!P Nomination for 2009

"SHOCK" Award for biggest H!P surprise of 2009

"8th Generation" award for biggest disappointment of 2009

"Leather and Feathers" award for best costumed outfit in a concert or photoshoot in 2009

"MS Paint!" award for best cover design for a H!P Release in 2009

"The Real Ace" award for H!P Member of the Year 2009

"Llama Sheen" award for Song of the Year 2009

Poll Threads Master List

"H!P All Stars" Award For Best Overall H!P Act

"Tanpopo" Award for Best Sub-Unit

"The Peace!" Award for Best Single

"Ikimasshoi" award for best album

"What Budget?!" award for best PV 2009

"I has Bikini on!" award for best photobook

"Smile at the Camera" Award for Best Idol DVD of 2009

"Ribbon no Kishi" Award for Best Concert/Live Performance in 2009

"Nijukyu-sensei" award for best non-H!P related Tsunku decision 2009

"What Graduation?" award for former H!P member's achievements outside H!P Nomination for 2009

"SHOCK" Award for biggest H!P surprise of 2009

"8th Generation" award for biggest disappointment of 2009

"Leather and Feathers" award for best costumed outfit in a concert or photoshoot in 2009

"MS Paint!" award for best cover design for a H!P Release in 2009

"The Real Ace" award for H!P Member of the Year 2009

#2 Special Needs Tricycle

Special Needs Tricycle
  • LET YOUR BODY MOVE TO THE MUSIC

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for doing this again, PQ. :> I love these things.

#3 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

All Nomination threads are now up. Have fun, nominate lots! :D

I'll add an end date for the nomination threads sometime tomorrow.

#4 Petit Melon

Petit Melon
  • Fruit Unity

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:08 AM

I really like the banner, thanks for setting this up!

#5 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

Last day of Nominations is Friday, February 5th. Which also happens to be Nakajima Saki's birthday. :confused:

You have until then to nominate, change votes, do whatever you like. I think that's a reasonable amount of time.

#6 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

A whole month is quite long !
But I guess you are also busy finding pictures for all the awards, so whatever you say is ok.

Shouldn't we have some kind of "shit" award too ?
I've never said this before, but I love the name of the awards so much, I always have to smile no matter how often I read them.

#7 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:36 AM

A whole month is quite long !
But I guess you are also busy finding pictures for all the awards, so whatever you say is ok.

Shouldn't we have some kind of "shit" award too ?
I've never said this before, but I love the name of the awards so much, I always have to smile no matter how often I read them.

Maybe I'll have a mini Anti-awards after these. I don't want to overload people with awards. People are barely nominating in all the categories anyway. (*cough* Best Idol DVD *cough*)

I wanted to give a month so people can change their vote or if they haven't seen something to see it and then vote. Also for those who don't come to the BBS as often. I don't only a week or two is enough time. 2009 was a big year for H!P.

#8 Em-El

Em-El
  • 洗濯物

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

I think a month is a good amount of time for people to see the thread, refresh their memory of anything they want refreshed, and make their nominations. Less time wouldn't be good.

Anyway, PQ, I can tell you did a lot of work for this and will be doing a lot more. Thanks for it all.

#9 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

Added a last minute award to the pile. The most important award of all! D: How could I forget something so important? :D

If you haven't put in your nominations yet, remember they close on Friday, February 5th. You still got lots of time left so get out there and nominate something, anything. Please? :omgwtf:

#10 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:35 AM

Nominations end THIS Friday.
If you haven't done already, put in your nominations or you'll be sorry! :whip:

#11 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

Nominations ended Friday, so now all the polls will be going up. I set all the polls to multiple choice so you can vote for as many or as little as you want. I'm hoping it wont end up like a repeat of last year with all the ties (which I had to end up breaking most of them. Dx) and I know some people can't make up their minds and vote for one thing so I thought it was a good solution! :dammit:

Polls will stay up for a month or two... or until I think there's enough votes in. (>3<)

#12 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

Mutliple choices for all of them ?
You sure like it dangerous.

EDIT:
Are we allowed to post comments during the voting in the threads ?

#13 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

Mutliple choices for all of them ?
You sure like it dangerous.

I'm HOPING for some interesting results. But we'll see. :dammit:

#14 Em-El

Em-El
  • 洗濯物

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

Why not? We have previous years. (Although the voting threads historically seem to get way less comments than the nomination threads.) But, hey, support your choice!

#15 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

I was going to mention that you can leave comments, but I've been too busy PUTTING TOGETHER POLLS! D:<

I'll edit my posts later. >_>

#16 Ap2000

Ap2000
  • Apjin-sama

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Why not? We have previous years. (Although the voting threads historically seem to get way less comments than the nomination threads.) But, hey, support your choice!

I don't know, I was barely around during the previous awards if I recall correctly and made the posts in those threads after the voting was already pretty much over. I wasn't sure if this was going to be handled as a "Shhh, keep quiet during the voting process" event.