• Please log in to reply
[2019.11.27] BEYOOOOONDS - BEYOOOOOND1St First Album! 43 replies to this topic Started by Solarblade , Sep 11 2019 02:54 PM · 

#31 WonderBuono

WonderBuono
  • ANGERME

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:03 AM

Yeah I recognized Take On Me but that’s it.

#32 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:31 AM

Preview for "Koi no O-swing".

It's apparently led by Rika and Minami in the guise of their "Megane no Otokonoko" characters.

This album continues to snatch all of my wigs. I love it.

#33 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:43 AM

Preview for "Kinoko Take no Ko Daisenki"

This is a Twitter video. The next tweet in the thread is the second part of the song. This is some crazy shit, lol!

#34 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:07 AM

Also, here's an extended radio rip of Bungee Jump. I need a full, high-res version of this already.

#35 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:19 PM

And here's Honoka Kobayashi cutting the piano tracks for "Atsui".

She has to be the most gifted musician in H!P history, right? She's legitimately really good. I love the "was it good?" faces she makes at the end of each take, and the ones right after she fucks up on the first and third takes are adorable. I gotta say, I'm really loving Hello! Project more than I have in years right now. 

#36 AquaChan

AquaChan
  • こぶしファクトリー

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:02 PM

I gave this album a first listen (If you are one of the 5 persons like me that have Apple Music, it's on it!). It's full of bangers.
My personnal favorites are We need a name! (it's like a vintage SeraMyu song from 1998) and Gannen Bungee Jump.

They are playing a lot again on the Megane theme again, but I won't complain.

But still no Go Waist! audio on there :/

#37 Shoujo Q

Shoujo Q
  • ( ื▿ ืʃƪ) #1 Sakura Fangirl

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:48 PM

I ordered the album. Mainly because I want Go Waist. But from what I’ve listened to thus far via Apple Music, it’s pretty good. Not a bad first album.

#38 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:49 PM

I just "acquired" the album, and checked out Bungee Jump right away. Goddammit, this is good stuff. That instrumental break channels Michael Jackson so good, and I'm not gonna be able to turn this off for the next week or so.

#39 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:53 PM

BTW, they got number 2 daily on Oricon with 19,744 sold. I don't think that's to bad for a new act with only one single to their name.

#40 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 28 November 2019 - 04:38 AM

BTW, they got number 2 daily on Oricon with 19,744 sold. I don't think that's to bad for a new act with only one single to their name.

Definitely. That's a little better than the first day sales of Morning Musume's 2017 album. Not to mention higher than the first WEEK sales of Tsubaki Factory's album and Kobushi Factory's recent album.

#41 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:25 AM

Up to 28,633 after three days. According to J-Pop Project, this is the highest selling non-MM H!P album in 14 years. 

I'm really happy for the girls, because this album is really goddamn good. H!P is on a roll with really good albums the last two years -- not one of them is bad -- and this is the best of the lot. It's the least characteristically "H!P" sounding album the company has ever released, and I have no problem with that. I have a few days off of work due to an injury, so I might do a long-form review tomorrow. TL;DR version: go get it because it fucking rules.

#42 Mukuro

Mukuro
  • モーニング娘。

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

I agree with JPope it's a really fun album. Beyooooonds has reignited my interest in H!P because they're just so different from the regular format we've seen for years. It's very refreshing.

#43 TheParuProject

TheParuProject
  • Juice=Juice

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:06 AM

Live performance of Gannen Bungee Jump, from the opening act of Juice=Juice's 12/4 concert.

#44 JPope

JPope
  • Dick

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:08 AM

The main singers on this sound really good. Up Front seems to be making a conscious effort to improve the level of talent throughout H!P, and it's about time. I'm way more stoked about Beyooooonds going forward than I thought I'd be before the album came out. Next year will be huge for them if they can build on their strong debuts of 2019, because they're different than any other H!P group past or present, and might be able to draw interest from outside of the established H!P fan base.