This is where you can find all the fanart/fanmixes/fanmade stuff that the creative people of this forum have made in honour of H!P and other things we're fans of. YAYWOO!
Now, there are some simple rules I need to lay down, because if we let this subforum run free like the rest of MM-BBS, I'm quite confident it'll turn into a nightmare. These rules should make sense, and following them should be a matter of course, but I'll still write them down, cause it's important.
This forum is primarily meant for things you create yourselves. While I will allow posts that show off other people's work if it's really good, this also means that people are putting their ass on the line, usually with something that they don't do for a living, and may not be very experienced with. While I won't say that you have to pretend something is when it's not, please be constructive and refrain from really rude negative posts. Nobody needs that shit.
- This thread is for fanmade stuff of any kind* (see rule 3), but it has to have something to do with this forum subject. So that means no remixes of Western music, and no Malcolm in the Middle fanart. Artists from Japan, Korea and China/Taiwan should be fine, though.
- This subforum is run by me (///), and as such it is protected by the Age of Aquarius. That means: really shitty posts will be deleted, and consistently crap posters or trolls may be banned from the subforum (or even altogether). I'm the biggest fan of constructive criticism ever, but don't just tear someone apart. On the other hand, Age of Aquarius also means: don't post something that you obviously didn't put any effort into whatsoever. Have a little honour in your own work, and do the best you can.
- Although I encourage any kind of creativity, there are limits to what we will allow. MM-BBS regulations apply here. Which means:
a) No porn/adult material (sorry!)
c) Ayumi Hamasaki-related material is exempt to the "no mocking" rule
d) no cosplaying, unless you're a really hot girl (send naked pictures to /// and DarkScorpion for uh, screening)
- Don't claim other people's work as your own, give credit where credit's due, and so on. This is so ridiculously obvious that it pisses me off that I even put it in here, but if I catch you claiming other people's work as your own, I will get your ass banned. (And report you to the original artist and do whatever I can to make your life miserable.)
- Tutorial threads are super encouraged! I know they're a lot of work and kinda annoying to do, but I'd really appreciate if you took the time to explain how to do stuff.
- It's allowed to make threads along the lines of "other people's awesome fanstuff", but this is restricted only to very awesome material.
- Use something like Tinypic, Imageshack or Photobucket for images, and Divshare or Sendspace for MP3s and videos. Or use your own server, but the point is: try not to upload your work of art to a server that only hosts stuff temporarily (like Yousendit).
- If you can, give us a little description of how you made it or a back story. Although it's not necessary, it's fun to read about how you came about making the stuff you did.
- If you absolutely do not want criticism on your work, put something like Criticism DISCOURAGED at the end of it. If you're especially interested in getting (constructive!!!) criticism on your work, put Criticism ENCOURAGED. This way we won't tear into you when you're not feeling up to it. Remember guys, this is your creation and sometimes this stuff is kinda personal. There's no shame in not wanting to hear every little thing that's wrong with it.
- Try to react to new stuff that's been posted if you've checked it out, even if it's just with a "I checked out your fanmix, it's pretty awesome! Good job!". Normally I would discourage short stub posts like that, but it's always nice to hear that people are enjoying your work, and encourages people to create more.