• Please log in to reply
Arisa - Yunku's Sweet Holiday Special 3 replies to this topic Started by ArisaElizabethGold , Feb 08 2009 06:21 PM · 

#1 ArisaElizabethGold

ArisaElizabethGold
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

It's something i did for another board, which explains the whole "Yunku" thing.
i released it on christmas, i think they didn't like it that much because it's all hello project karoke!
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?o5momeyzmxm

Songs:
1. Minna no Tamago : Shugo-Chara Egg!
2. Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance: BerryzKoubou
3. 笑顔YESヌード : モーニング娘。
4.どうにもとまらない (Dou ni mo Tomaranai) : モーニング娘。
5.タンタンターン!: Milky way
6.ロボキッス(Robokiss): W(ダブルユー)
7. Jolly Old Saint Nic. on the violin.

( I love karoke! don't you!)

#2 Prinny Squad

Prinny Squad
  • Miyoshi Erika Penis Crisis!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

Oh boy, an album review! :lol:

Album Cover: Not much to say about that, unfortunately. :V If you want to make good-looking album covers, try giving GIMP a spin. It's free, and it could do wonders.

Minna no Tamago: Your voice really seemed to suit this song. Minna no Tamago is a really cutesy song, and your voice seemed to be able to capture that cuteness, making this probably one of my more liked songs on this album. GRADE: 6/10

Yuke Yuke MONKEY DANCE: It was harder for me to judge this song correctly... Mainly because you didn't use an instrumental! :D/ While Minna no Tamago suited your voice, I have to think the opposite for this song. There were quite a few points that sounded rather unnatural, and the "Monkey dance, Monkey dance" parts during the end of the chorus were just painful at points. I could really hear you putting your best effort into it, but this song just really didn't work out. I'm sorry! D: GRADE: 2/10

Egao YES NUDE: MUCH better! Again, not using the instrumental kinda loses points for me, but from what I can hear this was a much better result. There were a couple of points where I was left listening to Egao YES NUDE because your voice kind of trailed off, but this definitely was a nice recovery. GRADE: 5/10

Dou Ni Mo Tomaranai: You continue the upwards trend with this song, staying strong with the recovery you made with Egao YES NUDE. I can't really get after you for not using an instrumental, since one does not exist for this song, but I'll just state it again: I really favor songs that use the instrumentals, since it kinda shows "I can stand on my own as a singer", which I definitely think you can do. GRADE: 6.5/10

Tan Tan Taan!: Again, cuter songs suit you really well. I don't know what it is about your voice, but it just mashes up with cute songs very well. Things got somewhat iffy during "Futari ni nareba HAPPII!! Demo ne, Sannin ireba Muteki sa!", but you bounced back for the recovery after that. The higher notes during this song seemed strained, like the "Yaaay"s and such, but the rest of the time it was well done. GRADE: 4.5/10

Robokiss: Do I need to say it again? You and cuter songs seem to work when I can hear you *coughcoughINSTRUMENTALScoughcough*. Two parts that I noticed, during "koi gurai shittete touzen", the shittete cracked. If you could have held that note better, it would have helped very much. Also, some of the parts where you repeat the same word twice (Ala ROBO ROBO, DAME DAME, etc.), you used waaay too much force. It seemed like you weren't really singing those words, but instead were just forcing them out at a louder volume like you were mad. Other than that, I didn't notice that many glaring errors. Grade: 5/10

Jolly Old Saint Nicholas: ... Let's stick to singing, shall we? :dammit: Your violin sounds somewhat offtune, so I'm not sure whether it's player error or instrument error. Have you gotten it tuned recently?

The only other major thing I noticed were that the tracks were so quiet. I had to crank up my sound to hear anything, so that was a little odd. Also, I'll say this again and again, instrumentals exist for a reason! Please use them!

But yeah, I'm sorry...

FINAL GRADE: 4.5/10

#3 ArisaElizabethGold

ArisaElizabethGold
  • Kenshuusei

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

I don't use the instrumental's alot because i get lost easily.
The Instrument itself, was most likely out of tune, and i was really getting sick of doing much by that time. So i just did one recording.

About not being able to hear the music. I don't know why it came out so quiet on the recording i was being deafened out here! It was overly loud and i was doing more yelling more then singing in an attempt to hear myself.

GIMP, sounds interesting I'll go looking for it. Though honestly when it comes to computer graphic, i'm kind illiterate.

Anyway, Thanks. Your alot nicer then some of the other people i know *glares at older brother* then again siblings are supposed to be that way, and he likes his music to be german.

Also i'm going to use a instrumental when i sing a up coming album thing, and Mikan. Though i caught a major cold :sick: this week and that shot out my voice. I'll use Instrumental's from now on though, unless, there is no instrumental, then i won't be able to use it. I'll only use the regular versions with lyrics to practice! Promise! :rofl: :lol:

Edited by ArisaGold, 14 February 2009 - 04:22 PM.

#4 Soli

Soli
  • カントリー・ガールズ

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

Hiya! :cryalot:

Minna no Tamago: Like Prinny said, the cuter suits you. My only advice would be more energy. Though really, everybody always could use more energy.

Yuke Yuke MONKEY DANCE: It's hard to hear you over the other girls. ;x But it does sound like you have more energy! It's a fun song.

Egao YES NUDE: I lied, this sounds more your style! You sound a ton more confidant too. Good job. =)

Dou Ni Mo Tomaranai: The same with Egao YES Nude, you sound comfortable in this. I'd love to hear you sing this with proper mixing.

Tan Tan Taan!: Although you fit better with Egao/Dou ni mo Tomaranai, I can hear you enjoying this song. XD

Robokiss: This is energy! Good job. =)

Jolly Old Saint Nicholas: I'm not a string instrument fan in general (clarinet player here) so I won't let myself judge this. haha

I had the same problem as Prinny. The sounds was so low. :popper: Have you checked your mic volume? It might need to be turned up.

I won't say much about your recording method... just keep your eye out for a mixing help post. :wheely: